Pages:
Author

Topic: Be greedy when others are fearful... - page 10. (Read 1422 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
August 04, 2018, 10:32:20 AM
Well, I believe that just because Warren Buffet has a different opinion about crypto industry doesn't mean that we shouldn't follow his strategies. It might not work sometime as the exception but considering the long run, it mostly works as per my observation. It is true that we can not compare the traditional stock market with the crypto market which is highly volatile but in such case, these set of principles work very exactly and helps the investor to have some base for his investment strategies.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
August 04, 2018, 10:12:31 AM
Yeah but lets not too greedy as to get sucked up in the black hole. I believe what Warren spoke was all about his experience at the Wall Street and not the crypto currency world. Things are completely different here, we know very well things can turn upside down here in any minute. Well bitcoin reached 8.3 K USD within two days and it may happen that it will turn back on us within a night. So there should be little fear always, doesnt matter whether it is up trend or down trend. Having precautions is always the better way, being greedy at right time is okay, but I still doubt its relevance in the crypto space.
Double the effort because the risk is also doubled. In other words risk is greater when there is a higher chance to earn just like how bitcoin and cryptocurrency works on the market. So we definitely need to evade these risk and somehow make an effort to eliminate some of the possible loss in the future for us to earn more and be a successful investor or trader of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
August 04, 2018, 08:19:38 AM
True, getting advantage of getting profit from buying the dumps of the fearful ones is a very greedy move. But watch out when the market continue to crash you will find your self buying at the middle. Always spare a few BTC or USDT so you can average down and save your self from drowning.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 04, 2018, 08:10:59 AM
I certainly agree with him. If that man is then certainly he is greedy and certainly noy fearful. The principle is an instinct that everyone or has for his ownself. But it always matter when you can control it. Greed is good only when your aim is to get rich but if you wanted to help people then share at least.

Just when did greediness became a good thing? If greediness is a good think, that will not be a part of the 7 deadly sins. Greed is a sin and no matter what you do, it is a sin it will never be a good thing. A lot of people are blinded by it, instead of being greedy why not just follow what you want to. Greed is a sin but it is a part of it, no matter what we do it will always be with us. And we all know that most of the greediest people that is alive never shares, the reason? They are greedy.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 04, 2018, 08:05:07 AM
This is the secret to making it big in crypto space.
While others are panic selling their holdings at loss...a smart investor should take advantage of that and bag some goid altcoins and sell to the weak hands who sold at loss.
This has been said so many times that it is no longer a secret in the crypto space.  Cheesy

Fun fact is that some people actually take advantage of the drop in price and buy some but then price keeps on tumbling down even more and they start panicking. In order to prevent this you need to identify the point where the bear run will stop. This is tough to do but if you look into the 52-week chart of the coin you might be able to ascertain a point where the drop might end and bull might start.

This is a good advice but it seems that most traders don't have enough patience to follow it. However bad situation may seem at any given moment, if one was able to wait 40-50 weeks, when needed, he/she would see much better situation most likely, and wouldn't lose part of their money selling at loss. Imo, due to wider adoption, the time span during which recovering from the previous crash is not yet starting, will be getting shorter and shorter with time, but for now it can be up to 50 weeks.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
August 04, 2018, 05:14:53 AM
I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
If you’re doing that but doing it at the wrong time then I’m sorry for you. And by the way, who told you that others in Bitcoin are afraid or greedy when you can’t even see them? Well, what I’m trying to say is that whatever you’re doing you should do it at the right time, by the way BTC is something that is being driven by the force of the crowd, so the earlier you get in, the much better you will achieve.

If you’re trying to be greedy when price has already gotten to highest it would do for that year, then you will. End up as one of those that loses.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 05:16:53 AM
I think that mentality would ruin cryptocurrencies. Even if we have control of our finances, greediness of others will take ours and I think that even in crypto, no investments are safe. Values are moving and that gives us no assured amount. I think people see crypto as  game in which if you do not win, you lose.
That saddens me a bit.
I know from the latin sentences that fortune is more opened to those who are brave and bold. But it is really hard when you are valuating your money very high. It is much easier when you have some experience as an investor.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
August 03, 2018, 05:03:52 AM
I certainly agree with him. If that man is then certainly he is greedy and certainly noy fearful. The principle is an instinct that everyone or has for his ownself. But it always matter when you can control it. Greed is good only when your aim is to get rich but if you wanted to help people then share at least.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
August 03, 2018, 04:26:56 AM
While others are panic selling their holdings at loss...a smart investor should take advantage of that and bag some goid altcoins and sell to the weak hands who sold at loss.
This has been said so many times that it is no longer a secret in the crypto space.  Cheesy

Fun fact is that some people actually take advantage of the drop in price and buy some but then price keeps on tumbling down even more and they start panicking. In order to prevent this you need to identify the point where the bear run will stop. This is tough to do but if you look into the 52-week chart of the coin you might be able to ascertain a point where the drop might end and bull might start.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
August 03, 2018, 03:52:20 AM
Well, that is true. It's all about taking on information with a grain of salt. Basically, following a trend doesn't always reward you. Being safe in descisions ultimately gives a very poor return. Bold descisions however risky they maybe actually gives a huge return for all your efforts. Nonetheless the most improtant hing is to stay your ears to the ground and listen.
copper member
Activity: 294
August 03, 2018, 03:16:32 AM
Activity: 2562
Merit: 586
August 03, 2018, 02:51:51 AM
Being greedy when others are fearful means being able to take risks in spite of the very many uncertainties that surround you. Those who have the ability to take risks usually get the lion share of profit. This also applies to the cryptocurrency market but make sure u have a sound understanding of what u want to invest in before you do.
Yes you’re right, but you shouldn’t let that statement or quote blind you from the fact if you are doing anything at the wrong time you are bound to lose. So know what you are doing, we all know this is risky and of course the biggest risk takers are those that comes out with the lion share but that doesn’t mean you can just jump in at anytime and be expecting that you will make profit, sorry it’s not going to work out for you.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
August 02, 2018, 04:24:14 PM
Everyone has their own investment choices. But most of the investors in this market are always greedy. The only newbie feels scared when prices start dropping. But I believe that once they know about the crypto market, they will certainly become greedy just like us

Being greedy in this market and without any knowledge about how this market works is precisely the reason why many newbies lose their money to scammers, it is easy to think you are going to make a fortune in this market but to actually do it is a lot more difficult, most of the people that became successful in this market did it by working very hard and holding their coins for years, they were realistic about what they could get and now are enjoying their good results while newbies want to get rich in a matter of weeks and that is not going to happen.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
August 02, 2018, 05:11:40 AM
Oh come on Warren can not be real about all this situation. Be greedy when other are fearful, lolz, that is still considered as taking huge risky. What if I am becoming greedy but at the same time this volatile market becomes upside down, then who it is that I should be blaming.  Wink

I guess its worst idea and I am not sure what others has got to say because I see many warren fan followers here. I would only say that be prevention is better than cure so prevent yourself falling for greediness.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
August 02, 2018, 04:33:21 AM
I fully agree with the author. Panic and excessive greed often lead to losses in crypto. keep calm and just follow the information is often a sufficient condition for making a profit. And greed in the bidding did not bother anyone
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 02, 2018, 04:24:03 AM
Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
Agree wholeheartedly.  I'm a long-time admirer of Warren Buffett, and it's obvious to me why he doesn't invest in bitcoin--he doesn't know where it's headed, and he can't analyze it like he can a business.  Either you believe bitcoin has a future or you don't.  Either you think bitcoin's price is going higher or you don't.  Buffett can't determine whether it's undervalued or not like he can with a stock, and neither can anyone else here.

Almost any profitable investment is risky. In any case Warren Buffet analyzed the stock markets, then invested his funds trying to hedge the risks, and he was successful on his way.

I don't agree that buying a crypto currency is a speculating. The price of a PoW based crypto currency has a prime cost that can be estimated from the resources spent for mining a coins. Advertising increases the demand for crypto currency, and its price grows. This is a market price, as the price of gold or other commodity.

I understand this quote of Warren Buffet like that: "be in the counter direction of the market movement", i.e. "you buy when others sell, and you sell when others buy". I approve this opinion.

You have a point. I think we should either agree that any investment is a speculation of sorts, or that buying established cryptos is not speculation. Warren Buffet himself has made a lot of mistakes along the way, because of which billions of USD were lost. No way we can call him, or anyone else, an investor who always knows what to do. Although he is rightfully considered one of the most successful investors in the world, his decisions were not always flawless. Read more from the links below:

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0210/buffetts-biggest-mistakes.aspx

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/warren-buffetts-failures-15-investing-mistakes-he-regrets.html

Nevertheless, he has a net worth of US$84 billion, as of now, and we surely can learn a lot from him. Imo his words, "try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful", make a great formula for success.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 04:16:27 AM
Being greedy when others are fearful means being able to take risks in spite of the very many uncertainties that surround you. Those who have the ability to take risks usually get the lion share of profit. This also applies to the cryptocurrency market but make sure u have a sound understanding of what u want to invest in before you do.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
August 02, 2018, 03:46:06 AM
It isn't always correct to be greedy, all of us understand that due to the fact it can purpose other human beings’s failures. by way of the quote- it teaches human beings to do incorrect element and mess around with the ones worried one- you need to continually placed your shoes on their footwear, flip the alternative manner around constantly if you are of theirscenario what would you experience.

We should not be always greedy and you have a point that it is not always good to be greedy because it is best to become smart and more strategic than before in choosing what is the best investment that we could try within our money, even the other people are fearful, we should still be smart if we are still going to invest.

That's right investing is need to be wise in a decision, especially those coins not enough trusted besides on bitcoin and top altcoins. Greediness is not good all the time when others are having a fear, you need to have deep research before engaging on investment or else you have failed to achieve your goal profit. Warren Buffet is a good speculator but I think he is a good researcher too, and he can't speculate the crypto market.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
August 02, 2018, 03:36:59 AM
It isn't always correct to be greedy, all of us understand that due to the fact it can purpose other human beings’s failures. by way of the quote- it teaches human beings to do incorrect element and mess around with the ones worried one- you need to continually placed your shoes on their footwear, flip the alternative manner around constantly if you are of theirscenario what would you experience.

We should not be always greedy and you have a point that it is not always good to be greedy because it is best to become smart and more strategic than before in choosing what is the best investment that we could try within our money, even the other people are fearful, we should still be smart if we are still going to invest.
Activity: 127
August 02, 2018, 03:18:12 AM
in fact you can take advantage of the situation to get more profits when market prices return to normal and large amounts of investment while decreasing market prices are the best things to do
Pages:
Jump to: