Pages:
Author

Topic: Be Honest- who hopes the USA defaults so BTC skyrockets? - page 4. (Read 4288 times)

donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
BTC will skyrocket anyway.

If US defaults, btc will jump because USD failed.
If US doesn't default, it will cause deep recession, which will shot btc ever higher.

Recent SR news attracted a lot of attention to bitcoin. People's just discovered that even US judicial monster machine cannot seize $80M worth of bitcoins from arrested drug lord. It proves that BTC is probably the most secure place to keep your wealth. Many investors and traders started discussing bitcoin in recent days.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
If you want the US to default for the SOLE purpose of increasing the value of your bitcoin holdings, you have a mental disease. I hope the title misrepresents the intended idea...

It's called Bitcoinism.

And your hope is a lost cause. Also pay attention to my signature.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
If you want the US to default for the SOLE purpose of increasing the value of your bitcoin holdings, you have a mental disease. I hope the title misrepresents the intended idea...
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
The US won't default. If it did, it'd be the biggest nincompoopery ever, and whoever was president at the time would go down in the annuls of history as a complete moron. Then again, if you look at the makeup of the US today, how many folks with credit card debt would rather go to the theater and eat out than make their credit card payment for a month?
I don't think anyone would go out and eat in debt and with no plan how to pay it off.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
To quote George Carlin

"I like seeing people UNDER PRESSURE!"

So a part of me honestly wants it to happen just to see what would happen next. It would obviously benefit my btc holdings yes.

But also I live in a metropolitan area of America, and the prospect of a breakdown is scary. There are so many drugs and guns here, and no real access to food. It is frightening.

Guess we'll see.
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
The US won't default. If it did, it'd be the biggest nincompoopery ever, and whoever was president at the time would go down in the annuls of history as a complete moron. Then again, if you look at the makeup of the US today, how many folks with credit card debt would rather go to the theater and eat out than make their credit card payment for a month?
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
I hope it collapses now, because if it collapses in the future it will only be worse. The system unfortunately has to collapse in order to be replaced by a honest system. 
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Self serving and cynical perhaps, but it has to be on people's minds, especially with the price climbing the nearer we get to a potential default.
Pages:
Jump to: