Pages:
Author

Topic: Before the earthquake, Nepali People killed 250,000 cows to celebrate festival - page 3. (Read 4618 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I think that we should respect their beliefs, even if we don't fully understand it.
It's their tradition and culture, and who we are to judge it?
How much turkey we kill and eat in America for Thanksgiving day?
Isn't it the same thing?
It makes no sense to condemn the tradition of other nations while at the same time do something similar in our countries.
I hope no one is suggesting here that these two events are related.

What's to respect? They kill an atrocious amount of animals, they don't use the meat, they just let it lay their...such a waste. And their belief is that doing this will get THEM good luck and prosperity, so fucking greedy! It's not like they did this because it would be used to feed the starving or some other nobel cause.

They're as bad as the CEOs that spend millions upon millions of dollars on lavish parties for themselves.

Murdering jews was the culture of the Nazis, should we respect that because it was "their belief" that the Jews were to blame for all that was wrong in the world?

Thanksgiving is an awful example. One turkey killed to feed a family, it's not wasteful, it's not gluttonous, and it's not done in the spirt of greed but rather in the spirit of family and giving and sharing. These people killed 1,250 cows per person! It is not at all the same thing.

Don't be so naive. Think about all of this before you defend people.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
What a disgusting display of selfishness, greed, and inhumane ideals.

Too bad the earthquake couldn't punish only these 200 men. What efforts are in place to protest an event like this? Killing 250,000 cows for the greed of 200 men is awful and should be an easy thing to disrupt via protest.

Let me know what's going on!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
I think that we should respect their beliefs, even if we don't fully understand it.
Isn't it the same thing?
It makes no sense to condemn the tradition of other nations while at the same time do something similar in our countries.

You didnt think this through. The need to survive is the same for all living beings. And we are forced to fill that need by devouring other live. (Before you might ask, yes, plants are alive too.)

Killing a mass of life for a belief is very different from that. Though it happened all the way in the human history.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Isn't it the same thing?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
It might not be a coincidence that the people who are trying to spread this story are the same people who shipped in a few hundred thousands bibles to Nepal, instead of food and aid on the aftermath of the earthquake. Animal sacrifices happen in almost all the religions. Ever heard about Eid al-Adha? Just because someone believes in a pedophile religion, he doesn't have the right to criticize another 5,000 year old religion.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
That is incredibly saddening to see. Especially when you consider how much earth resources cows take up, to waste them like that is unthinkable.
Activity: 308
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
Activity: 644
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What a waste of good meat.
lol. true...

it wasn't enough tho to be worth.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
India and Cows.
The stereotyping never ends.

Never heard of the term 'Rakht Kukri' have you ?
Activity: 448
Are you sure they don't eat the meat after? What do they do with the carcases? Just leave them to rot? Surely they don't just slaughter them and that's that. It must cost a lot of money to rear those animals only to just kill them. I wouldn't really be against it if they didn't just waste the meat and leather etc. Quite bizarre if so.

It takes a person skilled at butchering several hours of hard work to cut up an animal that size, so even if some were eaten, most would be going to waste. Also, if the intention was to eat them they would drain the blood first probably.

There are a lot of Asian buffalo and cattle in that area. In one part people will eat the meat. A distance away it will be forbidden. In some areas if a driver hits a cow a mob will gather and beat the shit out of him.

Some places it is 'illegal' to eat any animal products, including eggs, except for dairy. Also interesting, in Nepal some people will eat only male animals.

Hmm... good points, but surely they can't just let the meat rot? Can't be very good for hygiene and it will stink.

Lol i dint know that, so this stupid pagan ritual seems to have worked just as opposite of what they wanted... and the God will keep punish those men who keep doing this stupid pagan rituals from the Ancient Age sacrificing innocent forms of life for nothing.

ib4 stupid Christians claim it was this rit- FUCK! They beat me to it already! What's next you guys? You're going to pick out some homosexual couples over there and claim it was them that caused the earthquakes by angering god while having zero understanding of basic Geology and Geography? Mind you people did that in the UK when we had floods awhile back so I wouldn't put it past them, by the way I agree that these kind of rituals are stupid with the other sane people, it's not only barbaric but a waste of food that people in those areas would have needed.

I don't believe in coincidences, thats all i can say.. the luck doesnt exist. Every action has a reaction. And is pointless to debate with pseudo scientists like you, rock Head.

You don't believe in coincidences? The entire universe is one.

OMG this is too much immoral
They wasted too much meal, they wasted too much milk. They wasted too many cows. They wasted too much of their economy.
But what is its benefit? What is its purpose.
Just waste of above things?

Well the "point" is that it is meant to be a sacrifice, and that's what they're doing but obviously it is a backwards and silly belief but it's not like the rest of the world doesn't have silly beliefs either (I'm sure you can find plenty of passages in the bible and quran on sacrificing animals also).
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
They wasted too much meal, they wasted too much milk. They wasted too many cows. They wasted too much of their economy.

I've posted this already in this tread but I'm going to do it again. If you would live there your hole life, you wouldn't be surprised. In fact You would be one of those guys killing those cows for sacrifice. It's easy for us to criticise them because we live in different culture but if we where in place of them we would probably do the same things.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Some people have pointed out karma as the reasoning behind the earthquake.
Being the OP I should admit the thread title seems to give impression that i believe in the same principle and this ritual was the reasoning behind the earthquake.

While i believe in the concept of karma, i don't think this was ever the reason for the quake.
If that was the case,  an earthquake or other natural disaster will occur every five years,  following the ritual.  An earthquake is purely geographical disaster and it would not be wise to link it to a religious ritual.

That being said, i think this ritual is inhuman at best. Slaughtering countless poor animals in the name of good is just an ignorant and shameful act that shows how shallow our understanding of the religion can be. No good demands such sacrifices. God loves every living creature and he is not pleased by such barbaric acts of violence.
Activity: 462
Lol i dint know that, so this stupid pagan ritual seems to have worked just as opposite of what they wanted... and the God will keep punish those men who keep doing this stupid pagan rituals from the Ancient Age sacrificing innocent forms of life for nothing.

ib4 stupid Christians claim it was this rit- FUCK! They beat me to it already! What's next you guys? You're going to pick out some homosexual couples over there and claim it was them that caused the earthquakes by angering god while having zero understanding of basic Geology and Geography? Mind you people did that in the UK when we had floods awhile back so I wouldn't put it past them, by the way I agree that these kind of rituals are stupid with the other sane people, it's not only barbaric but a waste of food that people in those areas would have needed.

I don't believe in coincidences, thats all i can say.. the luck doesnt exist. Every action has a reaction. And is pointless to debate with pseudo scientists like you, rock Head.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

Nah... religious people work differently. Its not the fault of the ritual, the problem was they offered too view cows and the gods became angry. Believe me they want to hold onto their religion and this explaination will come in handy.

Though i wonder if true...
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Damn. I hate those who hate animals and killing them for a ritual is just blind faith. There's no bigger crime than killing the innocent. It's just disgusting and I have no words to express my feelings.
Activity: 518

What's the relevance of linking to that? What point are you trying to make? The festival seems to have been reported on the 28th and 29th from a quick google search.

that editing history about the article, to respond this

"This  guy has just decided to post it now for whatever reason." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadhimai_festival
Activity: 350
Scat The Billionaire
“Gadhimai festival is a sacrificial ritual that is held every 5 years at the Gadhimai Temple of Bariyarpur, in Bara District, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the capital Kathmandu in southern Nepal, near the Indo-Nepal border. The event involves a large scale sacrificial slaughter of animals including water buffaloes, pigs, goats, chicken, rats, and pigeons – with the goal of pleasing Gadhimai, the goddess of power.” (source : wikipedia)

last gadhimai festival is on 2009 , is it possible gadhimai festival on 2015? lol think it before share , be smart buddy. do your own research before share the news even it from reputable source like dailymail, this news absolutely hoax , all those pictures taken on 2009. and someone desire take benefit from this.

lately this news many times discussed , there is claimed as hoax also there is claimed is not.
better quiet for better world.
Indeed those who associate a calamity / disaster with a particular religion ( especially the religion was different from that espoused ) shows the values ​​of humanity has died in them ...
Pages:
Jump to: