Pages:
Author

Topic: Begginer BTC Miner Wants Some Help! - page 2. (Read 1547 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 500
May 04, 2014, 10:10:22 PM
... but I plan to use this cheap rig to raise me enough money to buy an even better rig ...

If you are looking for profits, I am afraid you can hardly do that now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 04, 2014, 09:02:06 PM
Hey Guys,

Well, after doing a bit of research, I am really considering getting into BTC mining. My only real problem is that I'm in highschool, so i don't have tons of money to invest in this right away. What I want from you guys is a recommendation in to how I can get into BTC mining for like $100-$500 bucks. I realize that's an incredibly small budget to have, but I plan to use this cheap rig to raise me enough money to buy an even better rig that I'll stick with and use long term. I've seen things like raspberry-pi rigs which are kinda cool, but I feel may not be worth it.

Like I said, I'm a beginner, so feel free to leave me some advice!

Thanks Everyone!

If you're just playing around, you can use CEX.io to buy hashing power instantly. However, the hashing power DOES get less valuable over time, and there is no guarantee you will make your money back. But, it allows for a lower investment to get started as opposed to other mining solutions. You can buy more than 100 GH/s for the $500 you mention! Smiley

You can use my referral link if you want: https://cex.io/r/1/Jaxkr/0/
o3u
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Money comes, money goes
May 04, 2014, 08:39:38 PM
It's not that simple, not that cheap.

You're better off buying coins and waiting on the next price bubble to invest in hardware.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
May 04, 2014, 08:22:58 PM
sorry, cheap rigs aren't going to "raise [you] enough money" - positive financial ROI starts with expensive machines, at best.. that or a whole lot of luck.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May 04, 2014, 07:56:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Well, after doing a bit of research, I am really considering getting into BTC mining. My only real problem is that I'm in highschool, so i don't have tons of money to invest in this right away. What I want from you guys is a recommendation in to how I can get into BTC mining for like $100-$500 bucks. I realize that's an incredibly small budget to have, but I plan to use this cheap rig to raise me enough money to buy an even better rig that I'll stick with and use long term. I've seen things like raspberry-pi rigs which are kinda cool, but I feel may not be worth it.

Like I said, I'm a beginner, so feel free to leave me some advice!

Thanks Everyone!
Pages:
Jump to: