Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginners Guide to CPU mining DogeCoins - Now with images! - page 2. (Read 88474 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
So I've not been around as much as I would have hoped recently and just wanted to clear a few things up having read through the recent posts. Recently I've not been at all happy with the service from cryptovalley and so I would recommend a different pool and I will be updating the thread accordingly. A lot of you are having connection issues due to using that pool and no other reason. Apologies, I did recommend this pool at the time as it was the best I had found but they have gone down hill since. Currently I use multipool.us - either for their profit switching mining pool or just for the dogecoin specific pool (their website lists different ports to use if you just want to stick to one currency rather than auto-switching) however they do charge a fair old rate on withdrawals and so you may want to look around yourself and be sure to check out the miners and withdrawal fees to make sure they aren't too bad.

Mining on your CPU for dog isn't anywhere near as profitable as it used to be, back when I wrote this tutorial my 50 KH/s that I got from my CPU was enough to get me a couple thousand a day but it certainly isn't anymore (bare in mind the price of doge was only like 30 satoshis at the time so it still wasn't great. However, that doesn't mean that those of you who are simply curious about the currency can't just give it a little go Smiley.

These days the only real way to effectively mine doge is with a fairly decent GPU (graphics card), for example my new GTX 760 which can mine at 250 KH/s but even that isn't exactly going to make you rich or anything. Plus, baring in mind the card set me back £200 it certainly isn't something to try and invest in.

I'll try put together a GPU mining tutorial for Doge in the next couple days if you have a GPU and are interested. It's a fairly similar process but is complicated by the variety of graphics cards around and the varying software required to utilize such cards. Anyhow, if I do write a tutorial for it I'll be sure to post here to update you all.
Activity: 2
keep it open  and let it run until you see (yay!!!)... if it doesn't happen within the first 10 minutes I recommend moving your hashing power to https://www.multipool.us

Thank you mrdeposit, now is activated.

http://i62.tinypic.com/wl421i.png

But a stratum_recv_line failed message is present. Let see multupool.us, thank you again.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
keep it open  and let it run until you see (yay!!!)... if it doesn't happen within the first 10 minutes I recommend moving your hashing power to https://www.multipool.us
Activity: 2
Before to all, cainy393, thank very much for excellent tutorial.

Guys I have a little problem, after my cpu miner is working I see that my worker is now actived, What could be wrong?

http://i58.tinypic.com/2hpojcw.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/vh6p3q.png

bengar
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
not to be the partypooper here but... is it really at all useful to cpu mine dogecoins at this point? The difficulty is high enough that you will barely make much even with 1 pretty decent GPU doing many times the hashes/sec your CPUs are

Everyone has a different definition of "worth it"
I CPUmine for 40 Doges a day, Is it worth it?
If Doges go to $10, 40 X 10 = 400, $400 a day is worth it.
If you need to sell your Doges @ 0.00021973 to pay for electricity,
well, no, it's not worth it, I suppose.
BTW: I mine BTC @30gh and think that is worth it also,
again, I see this as investment in my future, not a paying job today.

if doge goes up to 10 cents we will all shit our pants. never mind 10 dollars.... 10 dollars are you out of your mind lol?
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
good work OP very happy to see this helping fellow members.

you have some Doge coming your way.

keep up the good work.

ua
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
I tried it with hashfaster on a throwback laptop just to test things and this guide worked! Although this throwback won't be used for mining.
Activity: 14
Hey guys, could you explain a little more about the mining process? I mean, I dont understand quite much of whats REALLY happening there..

eg:

Stratum detected new block
Thread 0: 42423 hashes, 4.122 yhash/s

(..)

accepted:135/140 (96.40%), 2.04% (yay!!)

..what happens when it gets to 100%?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I would love to understand more of whats really happening there, lol Tongue

135/140 means of the 140 shares submitted 135 are accepted thus the 96.40% acceptance it won't get to 100.. Let it run and don't worry about it unless the % gets way bad like 80's
Activity: 38
not to be the partypooper here but... is it really at all useful to cpu mine dogecoins at this point? The difficulty is high enough that you will barely make much even with 1 pretty decent GPU doing many times the hashes/sec your CPUs are

Everyone has a different definition of "worth it"
I CPUmine for 40 Doges a day, Is it worth it?
If Doges go to $10, 40 X 10 = 400, $400 a day is worth it.
If you need to sell your Doges @ 0.00021973 to pay for electricity,
well, no, it's not worth it, I suppose.
BTW: I mine BTC @30gh and think that is worth it also,
again, I see this as investment in my future, not a paying job today.
Activity: 6
Hey guys, could you explain a little more about the mining process? I mean, I dont understand quite much of whats REALLY happening there..

eg:

Stratum detected new block
Thread 0: 42423 hashes, 4.122 yhash/s

(..)

accepted:135/140 (96.40%), 2.04% (yay!!)

..what happens when it gets to 100%?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I would love to understand more of whats really happening there, lol Tongue
Activity: 161
I was having trouble connecting until I changed the pool. This tutorial is awesome. Thanks again!
Hey guys, I changed pool and worked for me. Maybe its a problem w/ doge.cryptovalley or something..
Activity: 182
Im getting a similar error here, but apparently my connection is being refused over and over again.

"Stratum Connection Failed: failed connect to server server1.cryptovalley.com:3333; Connection refused. "

Help ?
Activity: 3
No settings like cgminer for cpu miner?  Intensity, clock speeds, etc?
Activity: 22
Best guide ever! Thanks mate!!!
Activity: 1
same problem here

[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://server1.cryptovalley.co
:3333
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 6 to cpu 6
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 7 to cpu 7
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 4 to cpu 4
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] 8 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 5 to cpu 5
[2014-01-26 14:14:34] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2014-01-26 14:14:38] Stratum connection failed: Failed connect to server1.cryp
ovalley.com:3333; No error
[2014-01-26 14:14:38] ...retry after 30 seconds

Activity: 11
I`m getting this error also.... help! Cheesy

http://i.imgur.com/3T8M6u8.png
Activity: 20
Same here, mining since 20 hours and hundreds of those.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2afbl6x.jpg

By the way, I am a newbie, what does that meaning accepted ?
And how can I know if I will get at least one DOGE ?

Thanks,
Eric

I have the same error... maybe it's something related to the pool....
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Same here, mining since 20 hours and hundreds of those.

By the way, I am a newbie, what does that meaning accepted ?
And how can I know if I will get at least one DOGE ?

Thanks,
Eric
Pages:
Jump to: