Pages:
Author

Topic: Being a Smart Person or Strategic - page 74. (Read 16937 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 266
September 07, 2017, 03:30:44 AM
It's almost the same thing. You can not be strategic without being smart and vice versa. It is necessary to have deep knowledge of crypto-currencies and to be able to observe and analyze the situation quickly.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
September 06, 2017, 09:20:36 PM

You cannot be smart for ever by doing nothing. You need to have a strategy for how to survive and then how to get profit.  And for a strategy you need to be smart and have knowledge. So you cannot split strategy and being smart, because both of them work together only.

Of course and this strategy needs to be implemented or needs to be put into action. I think being smart and being strategic goes hand in hand and I agree with you @pitiflin with that.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 06, 2017, 09:10:57 PM
It can be both, smart and strategy are very important to run all kinds of business. But sometimes smart people struggle with strategy.  Being a smart is just about being intelligent. We all know (witnessed) that plenty of intelligent people do really stupid things, prone to moments of idiocy, but they do tend to act smarter most of the time. Also the problem of being smart is that they are used to seeking and finding the right answer; unfortunately in strategy there is no single right answer to find.  Strategic person is very curious in everything and willing to take risk. The essential qualities for this kind of person is flexibility, resitience and imagination. Great strategy is aided by diversity of thought and attitude. It needs people who respect one another for their range of qualities. They need both to feel right and to have that correctness be validated by others. When either or bith fail to occur, smart people become defensive and rigidly so.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 06, 2017, 05:30:57 PM
Is it enough to be smart with just nothing to lean on and go on with your life? Because i feel that there are a lot of people who doesn't know how to handle their money with regards to see in the future. Is it enough to be smart and not be strategical or somewhat a person who has a lot of experience. Who would you choose?

For me it is required to be a master of both things like of course you can not have experience if you are not going to try and some people would think it's a waste of their time if they are doing what they know already like repeating their work over and over again. So it should be in a balance.
Having a lot of knowledge in the cryptocurrency are very important. Sometimes, knowledge serves the bridge to become rich. Knowledge is really a great factor to become successful person.

A lot of "smart" people lack intelligence. You might think they are synonymous, but I assure you they are not. See, smarts or booksmarts are simply one's ability to read and comprehend enough to pass a test on the subject. However, intelligence is the application of this knowledge in real life, which many smart people are not capable of. In fact, people who are not quite as smart could be more intelligent for this reason.

I tend to disagree with this view

What you mean by intelligence being the application of some knowledge in real life is properly called experience, and that has little if anything to do with intelligence as such. Basically, you get experience by applying or testing some knowledge you likely obtained via books in real life, thereby getting the hang of things, how they actually work in real life. And the level of how experienced you are primarily depends on how often and in what amounts you "test" your hand at something. Intelligence just makes this process more straightforward and fast (since you learn faster), but these are still entirely different things

In my opinion intelligence is the speed of application of knowledge and learned experiences.
The more intelligent people are faster at comprehending things and applying the knowledge and previous experiences in certain situations.
They require less time doing the same intellectual work,that's why e.g. they measure time during IQ tests.
A simple comparison would be between computers with different CPU speeds.The 'smarter' computer is the one which processes tasks faster .
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 06, 2017, 04:48:15 PM
Is it enough to be smart with just nothing to lean on and go on with your life? Because i feel that there are a lot of people who doesn't know how to handle their money with regards to see in the future. Is it enough to be smart and not be strategical or somewhat a person who has a lot of experience. Who would you choose?

For me it is required to be a master of both things like of course you can not have experience if you are not going to try and some people would think it's a waste of their time if they are doing what they know already like repeating their work over and over again. So it should be in a balance.
Having a lot of knowledge in the cryptocurrency are very important. Sometimes, knowledge serves the bridge to become rich. Knowledge is really a great factor to become successful person.

A lot of "smart" people lack intelligence. You might think they are synonymous, but I assure you they are not. See, smarts or booksmarts are simply one's ability to read and comprehend enough to pass a test on the subject. However, intelligence is the application of this knowledge in real life, which many smart people are not capable of. In fact, people who are not quite as smart could be more intelligent for this reason.

I tend to disagree with this view

What you mean by intelligence being the application of some knowledge in real life is properly called experience, and that has little if anything to do with intelligence as such. Basically, you get experience by applying or testing some knowledge you likely obtained via books in real life, thereby getting the hang of things, how they actually work in real life. And the level of how experienced you are primarily depends on how often and in what amounts you "test" your hand at something. Intelligence just makes this process more straightforward and fast (since you learn faster), but these are still entirely different things
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
September 06, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
This world is full of corrupted people so in order to maintain your economy , IMO you need smart and strategic since they are mainly the key factor of your success on the future.
Yes.. it need some time to learn them step by step but it's not impossible that one day you can master them all for your own good !
It's a bit like you're saying. It's rare for a strategist to not be smart at the same time and it's rare for a smart person not to plan ahead, and planning is a strategy, right?
That's why you need to be both, smart and planning to efficiently handle money, be it in trading, gambling, investing, even loaning.
Also, it's worth mentioning that you can't choose to be smart, you either are or you're not, but you can choose to think ahead and plan your moves.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
September 06, 2017, 12:25:16 PM

You cannot be smart for ever by doing nothing. You need to have a strategy for how to survive and then how to get profit.  And for a strategy you need to be smart and have knowledge. So you cannot split strategy and being smart, because both of them work together only.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
September 06, 2017, 12:17:41 PM

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 06, 2017, 11:51:19 AM

Both of it are important for sure. But in my opinion, they'll reflect on each other. Such that being a smart person will make you a strategic person. For instance investing into Bitcoin, if you are smart, you will think of a strategy where your profit will be bigger and will also make your job easier. Therefore if you are strategic, it means you are smart. So to make it short, being strategic means you are smart and being smart means you are strategic.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
September 06, 2017, 09:20:44 AM

I agreed that it is required both but if im going to ask the question, being smart or being strategic, i would say being strategic. Not all things that you know can help you within a situation. for example, you encountered a problem, being smart can help you fix that problem because you know what to do. But can a smart person do it? Maybe yes or no. Because he just know what to do. But being a strategic person can solve a problem by making a strategy on how to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
September 06, 2017, 09:13:05 AM
This world is full of corrupted people so in order to maintain your economy , IMO you need smart and strategic since they are mainly the key factor of your success on the future.
Yes.. it need some time to learn them step by step but it's not impossible that one day you can master them all for your own good !
in addition to smart and strategy you must also have great luck so that all the things you plan can be successful.
To be able to build a strategy, we must be smart. We should be smary to form strategies and to apply it to perform well in btc or crypto services.
Activity: 475
Merit: 500
September 06, 2017, 08:47:30 AM
in addition to smart and strategy you must also have great luck so that all the things you plan can be successful.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
September 06, 2017, 08:45:23 AM
I don't want to be a smart person. But, i try to use what God gives me as well as i can. Quite observant in seeing opportunities and strong willingness able to make me become more than smart and strategic. Work and evaluation, that's my principle. Because the real smart comes from thought and experience.
God has made no one unworthy. It is just who discovers himself and how much he can use his abilities to survive in this world. Everyone is gifted with a different talent and no one is made perfect. I appreciate your satisfaction on what you are gifted with and your comment brought a smile on my face. It was good to need you.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
September 05, 2017, 02:57:00 PM
When it comes to money i want to be a smart person, cause all i want on my money is to be safe and secure  even in gambling if youre a smart person you always win, cause you know when to stop. Strategic is only use in advertising.
This is what you think the best but I think it is both which matters. You need to look for polishing both of these qualities and need to work on them so that you may be able to get the maximum benefit out of it.

Neither smartness nor strategy will serve the purpose in the best way all alone. You might be need both of them most of the cases.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
September 05, 2017, 12:51:46 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 05, 2017, 12:46:34 PM
One would assume a smart person utilizes a smart strategy.
So the whole question is kind of moot.
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
September 05, 2017, 12:18:27 PM

I dont really get the question. For me being not strategical is ignorance. That is not being smart. To be smart one has to know some strategies specially when it comes to handling their own finances. One has to be smart and find for ways or strategies in which he can do the best out of his money. To invest or save or what type of investments he is going to put it into.
Activity: 526
Merit: 253
Damn
September 05, 2017, 12:15:18 PM
why cant we become both? We can learn and force ourselves to become better and better. I mean that people can change themselves, they can work and learn to become more experience and stronger. Therefore, containing both of these characteristics will make you become a great man in the life.
Activity: 259
Merit: 76
September 05, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

Nah! When you are a strategic person, you are somehow showing being smart. When you are good in making strategies, you will build connections in your mind and finally construct an idea that will help you in times of pressure. all in all, it shows being Smart  or Intelligent.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
September 05, 2017, 11:34:18 AM
I think there are different kinds of smarts, and ultimately it comes down to your goals. Someone who is a mathematical genius may not be 'smart' with their money, and could end up broke.
It is true that people are capable on dealing with different characteristics in regards to handling different investments , tradings and transactions that could somehow be a good thing for a person to earn to have a good profit. Just consider on being a both smart and strategic person that could make people a better person in  dealing with tradings and investments.
Pages:
Jump to: