Pages:
Author

Topic: Being aware of SCAMS - page 3. (Read 1578 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 09:20:35 AM
Scam in this market is increasing and increasing. It's too hard to detect a project that is scam.
They waste not only your money but also your time.
I myself was decieved once and loss a large amount, from that time i never invested in ICO again Sad(
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
June 12, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
If there is a scam project, i think it will be detected early because there are almost a million of us here that are observing new ICOs and besides there are also expert here in this forum that don't allow scam ICO to grow. As for myself, if i detect a possible scam then i would report this to the administrator of this forum.
Asides here, there are so many resources online that can easily help one to stay away and avoid certain ICOs. Only if investors can at least know what to do by themselves by checking out the team and product, then the number of scam ICOs would have reduced a long time ago.

Ask some team questions on their ANN thread as pathetic as what makes their product different from others and they will be busy blabbing rubbish. Is that a project anyone wants to invest in ? However, they know already that there are some gullible people who would just look at the surface and invest, but that is their choice.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
June 12, 2018, 07:28:23 AM
They usually share wrong news or numbers.When a person who has experience in scams , easily understand scam project.But , in these days very hard because people use social media or etc platforms use very good.
Activity: 26
June 12, 2018, 07:26:39 AM
Having a professional rating agency like Alethena (https://www.alethena.com) doing a fully-fledged due diligence of a project will help to reduce the probability to invest in a scam almost to zero. A successful scam needs always to be profitable for the scammers in economical terms. Therefore, having a proper due diligence methodology will increase the costs for a successful scam as high that scamming won't be profitable anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 12, 2018, 12:47:48 AM
The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.
It would be hard only if you do not know exactly what to do. Social media pages like the OP said is one of the last things you really want to be looking at to judge the authenticity of a project but the team and the product and if you cannot get those answered, then it is best to just avoid such a project like a plague that it is.

A lot of people gamble their investment by judging based on things that are irrelevant instead of focusing on the things that are completely different criteria based.

Even finding out scams in early stage itself will be hard, we may diversify our efforts so that we may not get full disappointments for the entire time period. I mean if you have signature/twitter/telegram/translation bounty skills and set-up then do not work on same project with all these skills. Work for one project with one skill-set. Telegram/twitter will allow participating multiple campaigns where as signature will not and translation is a time consuming one hence need to choose the right one very carefully.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 07:49:01 PM
Most scam projects are indeed hard to dictate. Well, most times from their community you will be able to know if they have anything to offer or not. In this crypto space, one ought to be careful
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
June 11, 2018, 07:46:28 PM
To avoid joining ICO scam projects, you should consult with your friends or others on the social group that you are involved with regarding cryptocurrencies. Usually, ICO scam projects often do not achieve soft cap or hard cap, they will delay or cancel the time to distribute Token. So be alert and learn about the ICO campaign before joining.
Activity: 147
June 11, 2018, 07:44:25 PM
If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
You have to look out for review of the projects. There are people who expertly analyse projects and with the information they provide on ICOs you can rule for yourself if a project is a scam or not.
Activity: 109
June 11, 2018, 07:42:14 PM
If there is a scam project, i think it will be detected early because there are almost a million of us here that are observing new ICOs and besides there are also expert here in this forum that don't allow scam ICO to grow. As for myself, if i detect a possible scam then i would report this to the administrator of this forum.
Activity: 210
June 11, 2018, 07:35:37 PM
Scam projects or ICO's is quite difficult to determine because some of the scammers are trying to hide everything whn they make a scam project. They do everything to make realistic project tha you didn't expect to be faked because of all the things that a project created is looks like real. So it is better to understand what is the real/legit projects or bounty campaign or even ICO's for us to avoid scam and prevent scammers.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 11, 2018, 07:09:27 PM
Most of ICOs today are suspicious. They are just copying the concept of previous projects and only aim to raise a big amount from investors.  After achieving it, they suddenly lack the interest in carrying out the roadmap of their project while some just vanished like smoke. As for me, it is practical to trade than to invest in ICOs these days.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
June 11, 2018, 02:41:15 PM

We can just take care of our self from scam projects, we can't stop them to scam people, as long as still many people who less in awareness, scammer will always be there.
So, keep safe.
Of course, if someone has the opportunity to learn about the fraudulent actions of someone, then We are obliged to communicate this to each other. But the problem is that it is very difficult to identify a fraudster.
Fraudsters are always the easiest to identify as long as you are smart but the thing is that a lot of people are so gullible to know what to identify and what not to bother about. These days, you still see a lot of people placing much focus on a whitepaper that can be cloned and an idea that can easily be copied and create a website for.

But, all those are face deception as the product cannot be cloned as no fraudster will go through the pain of creating a product that would bring in huge demand for the coin, and want to jeopardize that for scam. Also, even if product can even be cloned, team cannot be cloned, and any team trying to hide identity, should raise some red flag.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
June 11, 2018, 10:48:51 AM
Scammers are everywhere, not just in crypto currencies. They will always take the opportunity when there are people gullible enough to believe too good to be true stories. There are giveaways of free money that are too much and most of the dev team will be anonymous. You may also refer to the community in discord if ever they have one. Do your own extensive research and verify thru the threads here in this forum.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
June 11, 2018, 10:34:30 AM

We can just take care of our self from scam projects, we can't stop them to scam people, as long as still many people who less in awareness, scammer will always be there.
So, keep safe.
Obviously, there is absolutely no way we can stop them from popping up but if the awareness is created as to how this can be avoided and a lot of people follow these rules, I can bet the scammers will eventually get frustrated and move out of the space gradually. It is just unfortunate that a lot of people are too lazy to make some diggings and research on that which is important to deduce the possibility of being in a scam project or not, such as the availability of product and majorly the team.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
June 11, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.

There is nothing hard to understand there! If the team does not look like one that can deliver, then stay out. If there is no product and all they give you is an empty promise, then zoom off. If they cannot just answer simple technical question on their ANN thread and they keep blabbing nonsense, then run with a lightening speed. You do not need the social media to identify scam, these few things alone would be enough for you to make the right decision.
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
June 11, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

So, keep safe.
Of course, if someone has the opportunity to learn about the fraudulent actions of someone, then We are obliged to communicate this to each other. But the problem is that it is very difficult to identify a fraudster.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
June 11, 2018, 10:19:59 AM

So, keep safe.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
June 11, 2018, 10:11:33 AM
The question is not quite clearly formulated. But the following red flags don't inspire confidence in bitcointalk.
1. Self-moderation post.
2. The author doesn't answer questions, just created a topic and no one represents the position of the developers.
In social networks, comments on the fraudulent project appear already post factum.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 08:21:39 AM
I think it would be very difficult to detect a scams project when they started them. They are almost discovered when the project is almost over and there are indications that the project will not continue and the bonus will not be paid to bounty hunters. In addition, unreliable and uninspired staff is also a sign that you are aware of a scams project.
Activity: 112
June 11, 2018, 08:13:30 AM
Usually if the ICO is a SCAM, definitely the project is also SCAM. So I see from its ICO. If there is something wrong like fake team, or something, just leave it. Also I will tell other that this ICO is SCAM.
Pages:
Jump to: