Pages:
Author

Topic: Being Rick Rolled By Trade Fortress - page 4. (Read 4431 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 15, 2013, 02:25:56 PM
I just spat out my water from laughing at the rickrolled IRL thing!

I'm imagining someone opening a letter and a hologram of the video showing up in front of their faces!!!

fwiw, i'm from the US and I've never heard of this term.

But to the OP.  It's his site, he can ban anyone for any reason.  Hell, he's well within his rights for muting you for wearing blue jeans if he doesn't like people who wear blue jeans!

i think you have a problem with reading comprehension, otherwise you didn't read the my whole post, or even better you purposely ignored the main premise of the thread. Trade Fortress is abusing the trust system by labeling me a scammer because of what happened on coinchat, read the emails its in the transcript.
June 15, 2013, 02:21:45 PM
Yeah, he does have the 'power' to mute and anyone. It's his site. But, that doesn't mean it's right. I'm not sticking up for the OP. I'm just saying that if you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

If he was acting there like he's acting here (belligerent and stupid), he'd be banned pretty much anywhere.  Sticking around whining and ban-evading after that is just begging to be used as a chew toy.

That's true. Anyone who ban evades without contacting the owner and having permission, is a virtual slap around the head. This seems like a matter which could of easily been resolved if handled in a more reasonable approach. Like I said earlier, it seems it's gone a few steps to far.

she was clearly abusing her power though. muting me for simply disagreeing with her opinion. she even called me a retard. it seems that you and several others who have responded in this thread are nothing more than trolls who are friends with TF.
June 15, 2013, 02:17:39 PM
ITT:  angry, clueless newb is angry and clueless.

extorting BTC from People with threatening them to send some Drugs to their Address,
can evade bans,
but complains about beeing bullied,
i guess OP isn't that helpless

You're parroting false information with that little quip. i never did no such thing. you are getting me confused with basic asics. My quote unqoute scheme was extorting scammers, and offering a fake rep service. it was a joke. and it was genius whether you wanna admit it or not you may now kiss my ass.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
June 15, 2013, 02:10:14 PM
Yeah, he does have the 'power' to mute and anyone. It's his site. But, that doesn't mean it's right. I'm not sticking up for the OP. I'm just saying that if you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

If he was acting there like he's acting here (belligerent and stupid), he'd be banned pretty much anywhere.  Sticking around whining and ban-evading after that is just begging to be used as a chew toy.

That's true. Anyone who ban evades without contacting the owner and having permission, is a virtual slap around the head. This seems like a matter which could of easily been resolved if handled in a more reasonable approach. Like I said earlier, it seems it's gone a few steps to far.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2013, 01:56:26 PM

If he was acting there like he's acting here (belligerent and stupid), he'd be banned pretty much anywhere.  Sticking around whining and ban-evading after that is just begging to be used as a chew toy.
staff
June 15, 2013, 01:48:07 PM
Trade Fortress has responded to this thread on his official YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

How in the world did I fall for that....Kudos for you sir!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
verified ✔
June 15, 2013, 01:42:50 PM
ITT:  angry, clueless newb is angry and clueless.

extorting BTC from People with threatening them to send some Drugs to their Address,
can evade bans,
but complains about beeing bullied,
i guess OP isn't that helpless

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
June 15, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Trade Fortress has responded to this thread on his official YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
staff
June 15, 2013, 01:30:44 PM

This is how websites have failed, they get a bad reputation for being rude and unprofessional, therefore people are not interested in immature operators. But, I personally think TF has done what most people would have done. He should now question the mod and look into the history. If he could post some type of log to try and resolve this issue that would be great. I know he might not want to do that, but if he could it would be good.

He's most likely looking into the situation. If he feels he has treated you bad, then he will apologise, but if he doesn't then that is fine.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2013, 01:24:10 PM
ITT:  angry, clueless newb is angry and clueless.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 15, 2013, 01:15:38 PM
I just spat out my water from laughing at the rickrolled IRL thing!

I'm imagining someone opening a letter and a hologram of the video showing up in front of their faces!!!

fwiw, i'm from the US and I've never heard of this term.

But to the OP.  It's his site, he can ban anyone for any reason.  Hell, he's well within his rights for muting you for wearing blue jeans if he doesn't like people who wear blue jeans!
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 15, 2013, 01:09:08 PM
Up to this point i thought we had become quasi-internet friends and i trusted him completely.

I stopped reading at this point on the assumption he got you pregnant. I don't dig fambly soaps.
June 15, 2013, 01:06:27 PM
That means everytime someone sees my posts theyre gonna say "theres a scammer fuck that guy" and either ignore me or troll the hell out of me, which is exactly what TradeFortress wants. He puts "DO NOT TRADE WITH. IS A SCAMMER" on his trust feedback, when i've never had a single bad trade. all four trade's i've done were successful, just look at my post history. i

I haven't checked your history, but if you're not a scammer I would appreciate it if TF would remove this from your trust feedback as this undermines the usefulness of the trust system.

to be fair, go back and read my post. I admitted to him as being behind the posting of the user "extortion". this was intended as a joke. some people got it and applauded my genius. others didnt(why would you have a problem with someone extorting scammers unless you were a scammer yourself???) some people actually pm'd me offering to help me track scammers. some people asked if i would hire them to work for me. i pm'd one person upon request and fucked with them. i was surprised when he offered to pay and asked for my address. that was as far as i could go with it. theres a line between joking and scamming, and that line is actually recieveng any money. just so you know the full story. Its not like him claiming i'm extortion is unwarranted. he just misunderstood me when i told him that. i don't think he understands sarcasm or has the capacity to appreciate a good ruse, but hey some people are just on different wave lengths.  

You know what, let me be blunt here i wish i could just go back on my whole experience so far with bitcoin and declare a mulligan. apart from this issue with tradefortress i'm also being extorted by a member of this forum who got my whois information from one of my domains and is threatening to send drugs to my house if i don't pay .4 BTC.... maybe i was just venting a little bit on coinchat. i'm really sorry TradeFortress. shit. i don't know what else to say to prove my story.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
June 15, 2013, 12:49:12 PM
i think it's odd that only one person in this thread has heard the term 'rick rolled' used in a real life situation

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
June 15, 2013, 12:45:37 PM
That means everytime someone sees my posts theyre gonna say "theres a scammer fuck that guy" and either ignore me or troll the hell out of me, which is exactly what TradeFortress wants. He puts "DO NOT TRADE WITH. IS A SCAMMER" on his trust feedback, when i've never had a single bad trade. all four trade's i've done were successful, just look at my post history. i

I haven't checked your history, but if you're not a scammer I would appreciate it if TF would remove this from your trust feedback as this undermines the usefulness of the trust system.
June 15, 2013, 12:44:32 PM
You posted this topic asking for opinions. Mine is impartial as I have no business with either you or TF.

TF is right to ask you to leave, it's his site his rules. Apart from this, I would have asked you to leave as well for the way you behaved. (I would have investigated the behaviour of my mod/admin as well as it seems out of line though).

Ok, i can live with that. Thats basically what made me mad. He punished me and turned a blind eye to the actions of randomcloud.
June 15, 2013, 12:43:16 PM
I guess some people just don't get along, lmao. It sounds like this escalated quickly. I'm not sure if that is all the conversation, You or him must of said something really minor and it just escalated from there.

Really i don't know why he decided to ban me, and at the same time i don't know why randomcloud threw such a fit over what i said and did on coinchat anyway. The only thing i can think of that might have set her off is the title of the room i created (#NotaPussy). She has issues with sexism, as in she perceives sexism sometimes when it isn't there, or was unintended.

You gotta understand where i live, a pussy is anyone who is afraid to stand up to others, or who can't handle a mature conversation, criticism, or adult conversations without getting butthurt. So where i'm coming from, or from my perspective it was a misunderstanding on her part. She assumed i was being sexist when i was just trying to create my own room for like minded individuals such as myself without having to cater to those who can't handle and become infuriated by mature adult conversations.

I've never heard of a Rick Roll IRL, but then again we are from different places and different places have different meanings for almost everything.

well i'm from the US so if that aids you in anyway in understanding where i'm coming from. When slang is coined over here it works its way into everyday life pretty quickly.

Yeah, I think the term 'pussy' is widely used to imply someone is a coward.

Well yes, thats the point i'm trying to make. I wasn't being sexist, or calling her a pussy. i think it was just a big misunderstanding honestly and i tried to argue my side but TF wouldn't here it. He just tossed me out on the word of a person who'd been a mod less than 2 days.

Maybe you should try to explain why, without all the arguing. It looks like the damage has been done though.

Yeah, i think you are right. I just feel like he's out to get me or just writing me off as an asshole without giving me the chance to redeem myself. Obviously he's never gonna let me back on coinchat. I'm willing to forget that, i just want him to stop demonizing me and trying to destroy my reputation before i have the chance to prove that i'm not a scammer and am trustworthy. Not that i'm gonna ask for a loan or doing any trading on here, thats what exchanges and escrows are for, but i don't like looking over and seeing trust rating -5 under my name when i'm on the forums. That means everytime someone sees my posts theyre gonna say "theres a scammer fuck that guy" and either ignore me or troll the hell out of me, which is exactly what TradeFortress wants. He puts "DO NOT TRADE WITH. IS A SCAMMER" on his trust feedback, when i've never had a single bad trade. all four trade's i've done were successful, just look at my post history. i made four trades with just_me during the GLD craze. I will admit i crossed the line with my postings as extortion, but i thought it would be hilarious and some people actually got the joke. I'm not a bad guy and i can see how my actions got me here, but that doesn't make me a scammer. I never took one cent from anyone other than greyhawk who sent me .022 in total in my other joke scam thread, and you can ask him i sent it back to him.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
June 15, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
You posted this topic asking for opinions. Mine is impartial as I have no business with either you or TF.

TF is right to ask you to leave, it's his site his rules. Apart from this, I would have asked you to leave as well for the way you behaved. (I would have investigated the behaviour of my mod/admin as well as it seems out of line though).
staff
June 15, 2013, 12:32:58 PM
I guess some people just don't get along, lmao. It sounds like this escalated quickly. I'm not sure if that is all the conversation, You or him must of said something really minor and it just escalated from there.

Really i don't know why he decided to ban me, and at the same time i don't know why randomcloud threw such a fit over what i said and did on coinchat anyway. The only thing i can think of that might have set her off is the title of the room i created (#NotaPussy). She has issues with sexism, as in she perceives sexism sometimes when it isn't there, or was unintended.

You gotta understand where i live, a pussy is anyone who is afraid to stand up to others, or who can't handle a mature conversation, criticism, or adult conversations without getting butthurt. So where i'm coming from, or from my perspective it was a misunderstanding on her part. She assumed i was being sexist when i was just trying to create my own room for like minded individuals such as myself without having to cater to those who can't handle and become infuriated by mature adult conversations.

I've never heard of a Rick Roll IRL, but then again we are from different places and different places have different meanings for almost everything.

well i'm from the US so if that aids you in anyway in understanding where i'm coming from. When slang is coined over here it works its way into everyday life pretty quickly.

Well yes, thats the point i'm trying to make. I wasn't being sexist, or calling her a pussy. i think it was just a big misunderstanding honestly and i tried to argue my side but TF wouldn't here it. He just tossed me out on the word of a person who'd been a mod less than 2 days.

Maybe you should try to explain why, without all the arguing. It looks like the damage has been done though.
June 15, 2013, 12:29:51 PM

Pages:
Jump to: