Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Android wallets to store Bitcoin and do transactions - page 2. (Read 322 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
I'm using Mycelium and our local wallet to store bitcoin but I feel more comfortable to store my earnings in a hard wallet. I just use my online wallets to monitor and to check the prices because most online and android wallets are at hackable no matter how hard we keep our private keys.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
For me, I have 3 wallets that I currently using Electrum, Mycelium, and Eclair for LN but mostly I used both Electrum and Mycelium If I want to store some bitcoin temporarily when away from home and I'm not storing a big amount of bitcoin because Android is not safe that is why I don't use it for daily basis and don't store large amount of bitcoin.

So this 2 Electrum and Mycelium are best wallets for me in android but they both sometimes have problem-related to server.

If your plan is to store bitcoin for a long time another option from suggested above is make a cold wallet and your android phone is your watch-only wallet or your android phone is your cold wallet.

Check this video sample from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLLZYhbA50
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Personally, I just use the Edge wallet[1] app. Yes, they don't give you access to your private keys, but I don't care. I only store a maximum of $20-$30 on that wallet anyway, just so if I need to use a small amount of bitcoin when I'm out. Why do I use it? It just works decently. That's pretty much it.

If you're worried about security, then purchase a hardware wallet. You shouldn't be leaving all your funds on mobile wallets in the first place.

[1] https://edge.app/
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
I wanted to investigate this topic because unlike before today there are many Android and IOS mobile application wallets such as, Breadwallet, Airbitz, Samourai Wallet and many more that allows to do crypto transactions claiming usability and effectiveness but when it comes to Bitcoin the main concern should be the safety than any other because its value and demand so,

1. What is the safest and usable Android Wallet do you suggest to store Bitcoin and to do transactions ?
2. Why do you think it is reliable  ?

Pages:
Jump to: