Pages:
Author

Topic: Best bitcoin wallet? - page 15. (Read 47161 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 03, 2015, 06:47:29 PM
Breadwallet is great for the iphone
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
Turn your financial ideas into reality
December 03, 2015, 12:02:50 PM
I used blockchain for saving my bitcoin from faucet, and for transaction to other's i use xape. i really love both of them.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
I'm using Coinbase with 2 factor authentication and it has been pretty effective (and secured) so far. Also allows the purchase and selling of Bitcoins from/to currency from/to your bank account directly.

I don't like that it's online.  But I have to admit they have a insurance most do not.  As long as they get hacked and it's their side... chances are losses are covered.

But if you are hacked and your the reason then you still lose it.  So not perfect insurance but it is something.

Agree and that's based on third-party, don't forget to Mt.Gox, Mintpal, which it's worst thing to store your bitcoin on third-party, @darkstarzz69 better to use cold wallet, electrum for example, it's don't need huge space and don't need to have a lot bandwitdh, it's more more more secure than online wallet.
Mt Gox was insolvent and did not provide any insurance. Coinbase is pretty established and provides insurance.

Electrum is not a cold wallet, it is a hot wallet. It does have a feature to let you spend coins from another offline electrum instance but that require another computer.

Even though I agree that this Coinbase online wallet is probably much more secure than any other online wallet before, this insurance still needs to be seen and to be proven in an event of a hack. I am not saying that they wouldn't pay, but I am saying that I still believe much more to myself than to some online wallet third party or an insurance company!

It is thought to be a real insurance, they share info who it's with and information about it.  So it's not like some places that say they have insurance and really dont.

It does not need to be seen... as if it's one that insurance pays were talking about entire website likely compromised.  That will drive btc down.. lots of bad things if it happens.
legendary
Activity: 1073
December 03, 2015, 10:47:54 AM
It depends, for desktop wallet I must say electrum ; for web based wallet I prefer blockchain.info; for a mobile( android) wallet I use mycelium and for hardware wallet, I choose trezor.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
December 03, 2015, 10:39:09 AM
I'm using Coinbase with 2 factor authentication and it has been pretty effective (and secured) so far. Also allows the purchase and selling of Bitcoins from/to currency from/to your bank account directly.

I don't like that it's online.  But I have to admit they have a insurance most do not.  As long as they get hacked and it's their side... chances are losses are covered.

But if you are hacked and your the reason then you still lose it.  So not perfect insurance but it is something.

Agree and that's based on third-party, don't forget to Mt.Gox, Mintpal, which it's worst thing to store your bitcoin on third-party, @darkstarzz69 better to use cold wallet, electrum for example, it's don't need huge space and don't need to have a lot bandwitdh, it's more more more secure than online wallet.
Mt Gox was insolvent and did not provide any insurance. Coinbase is pretty established and provides insurance.

Electrum is not a cold wallet, it is a hot wallet. It does have a feature to let you spend coins from another offline electrum instance but that require another computer.

Even though I agree that this Coinbase online wallet is probably much more secure than any other online wallet before, this insurance still needs to be seen and to be proven in an event of a hack. I am not saying that they wouldn't pay, but I am saying that I still believe much more to myself than to some online wallet third party or an insurance company!
Activity: 798
December 03, 2015, 03:51:16 AM
As far as you stay safe, your device has no malware/viruses.
Another secure thing is to have a strong password and enable 2FA if available.
For cold wallet i prefer trezor as it has the power also the Ledger is good too.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 03, 2015, 03:45:26 AM
I am using Electrum, fast, secure and lightweight unlike bitcoin core wallet.

yes but then you come into problem, like the one that happened for all spv client, so electrum would have failed at that point, were they were receiving invalid block

i still prefer core, no problem for me, and it has all that i need, minus the off line, i admit this would come in hand, i might try armory one day
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 03, 2015, 01:42:24 AM

Activity: 245
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 01:41:11 AM
I use both Coinbase and electrum. I never keep all BTC at a wallet online.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 03, 2015, 01:16:52 AM

thanks @ikydesu and @notlist3d for the feedback. I guess it's pretty true that online wallets are unsafe at the end of the day. Never heard of a cold wallet as I am still pretty new to cryptocurrency. I'll check it out! Appreciate it!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
December 03, 2015, 12:09:43 AM

legendary
December 02, 2015, 11:27:03 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 02, 2015, 10:29:13 PM
legendary
Activity: 966
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
December 02, 2015, 10:16:43 PM
Just tried out Breadwallet. Very simple and has passphrase and scanning functions, but what mobile wallet doesn't have these functions nowadays. Heard a lot about this and brainwallet, so I thought I would try one out today.
It has simple interface and looks like most of the other app wallets I have used before.
Nothing too special about it but if you are looking for one that is good for on the go and having quick access to your coins is key, this one should do the trick.
Activity: 393
Merit: 297
December 02, 2015, 09:52:05 PM
Activity: 154
December 02, 2015, 07:00:35 PM
Trezor or multibit
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
December 02, 2015, 06:41:30 PM
Blockchain.info

Pros: Doesn’t touch your private keys, Available on all platforms, Time tested
Cons: Can be overwhelming for new users

Man, terrible wallet choice, a lot of people have been robbed due to blockchain.info, search reddit, it's crazy!

http://www.coinbuzz.com/2015/05/07/opinion-why-you-should-never-use-blockchain-info/

My choices are:

Trezor
Electrum on PC
Mycelium on Android
Activity: 280
December 02, 2015, 06:31:10 PM
Blockchain.info

Pros: Doesn’t touch your private keys, Available on all platforms, Time tested
Cons: Can be overwhelming for new users
legendary
December 02, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
i use Bitcoin Wallet for mobile phone (http://wallet.schildbach.de/), Xapo online wallet and paper wallet.

For people using mobile wallet treat it as a hot wallet. And even more so if rooted/jailbroken.  Make sure not to store lots of coins on it.  It is more for small immediate spending.

Cold storage like paper or others are much better long term. Espically if were talking about big amounts of BTC. 
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
December 02, 2015, 05:34:46 PM
What is the best bitcoin wallet?

For hardware wallets I have a Ledger and Trevor and like them both equally.  For online to hold dust it is blockchain.info. The best of them all to me was/is paper wallet laminated.
Pages:
Jump to: