Pages:
Author

Topic: Best bitcoin wallet? - page 18. (Read 47166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 24, 2015, 01:14:37 PM
I like the coinbase.
Check it out if you also like that bitcoin wallet.
The major problem with coinbase is that you don't know your private keys so beware and do not store big amount on it.

They are one of the few that actually have insurance for holdings.  That is why they do not allow private key to be taken.  They want it locked down to meet requirements to be insured.

If you get hacked for your own fault you do not get insurance.  If someone hacked the entire coinbase site then yes there should be insurance paid out to people.  So keep this in mind as coinbase is not the typical online wallet with this.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 24, 2015, 07:00:55 AM
For me, its blockchain.info and coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 31, 2015, 08:47:57 AM
I like the coinbase.
The major problem with coinbase is that you don't know your private keys so beware and do not store big amount on it.
Activity: 126
October 31, 2015, 07:12:15 AM
I like the coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
October 31, 2015, 07:04:18 AM
Electrum good choice for wallet bitcoin
simple and easy to used.
Activity: 238
October 31, 2015, 03:32:32 AM
i use blockchain.. still comfortable with it..  Grin
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 31, 2015, 02:41:09 AM
I used Multibit and it was relatively good and easy to use, the new edition seems more complicated than before though and heavier to load on the computer.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 31, 2015, 01:43:39 AM
Blockchain in my opinion is the first, best known, and safe

I can agree with this statement. Blockchain seems to be the most reliable. Besides it I've tried Green Address which has mobile client. It worked fine until one time when tech difficulties appear, due to not responding support I wasn't able to login for a month. Back to Blockchain.
Blockchain.info isn't the most reliable or even considered reliable. They have various vulnerabilities which caused user's private keys getting exposed to attackers. AFAIK, Greenaddress.it does not store your private keys. Your keys are stored in the mnemorics. Without it, you can't access the wallet. As such, you should backup your wallet. Blockchain.info does have access to your encrypted wallet which is a major security problem. I agree with greenaddress.it being slightly buggy though, but I have no problems after one incident.

Additionally, greenaddress.it allows users to impose spending limits.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
October 31, 2015, 01:38:28 AM

i agree about blockchain as the first and best knows but not safe as many users already have diffulty or got some issues regarding their blockchain wallet in the past and the site always getting some kind of problem
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
★★★ Bullet-proof bet advisor
October 31, 2015, 01:27:10 AM

I can agree with this statement. Blockchain seems to be the most reliable. Besides it I've tried Green Address which has mobile client. It worked fine until one time when tech difficulties appear, due to not responding support I wasn't able to login for a month. Back to Blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1456
October 31, 2015, 12:59:37 AM

If for small amount of spending cash this is probley right.  But if talking about all your holdings cold wallets still win hands down.

There is a security provide by not being online or connected to a computer using the internet that cold wallet provides.  No online wallet can provide.
Activity: 14
October 31, 2015, 12:01:17 AM
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 30, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
For me and for everyday use the best is Mycelium; that is if you want to use it on a mobile device. As for the Desktop you might take a look at Armory or ellectrum. Online wallets I guess Ninky is good but I prefer blockchain.info
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 29, 2015, 04:39:00 PM
it is most definitely blockchain.info wallet for me it is really easy to use and you dont need to have any knowledge about bitcoins to use it
Activity: 49
October 29, 2015, 04:30:46 PM
What is the best bitcoin wallet?

Well I don't know if it's the best, but it's the best for me. It's the blockchain.info wallet. I'vemade it a few years ago and still using the same one.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
October 29, 2015, 03:39:07 AM
Mycelium is really good, blockchain people are joking right?

Nah I don't think so, maybe they just wanna lose their BTC Grin

But seriously I think those are kinda newbies to bitcoin who suggest blockchain as it was there first wallet. Personally blockchain was also one of my first wallet ( next to coinbase) so I think that's the reason why people suggest blockchain.
Blockchain.info does promise the full control of your private key and people would be quite convinced that it is the most secure. They advertised it as open sourced and most would assume that they are transparent. Whereas these may be true, they are unreliable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 29, 2015, 03:29:09 AM

Nah I don't think so, maybe they just wanna lose their BTC Grin

But seriously I think those are kinda newbies to bitcoin who suggest blockchain as it was there first wallet. Personally blockchain was also one of my first wallet ( next to coinbase) so I think that's the reason why people suggest blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 29, 2015, 03:17:39 AM
the best for me is mycelium on mobile as it is always on my side Smiley

I HIGHLY suggest looking into problems some have had with mobile wallets.  If you are rooted or jailbroken the risk goes up even more.   I would not store more then spending money on on mobile.

Cold storage is a lot better if done right.  And key words are done right.

Yes, when we go for mobile wallet, we must have latest anti-virus installed. Otherwise, there are lot of possibilities for other applications to access our wallet files. That's the reason I never support for mobile wallets.
It applies for desktop wallets as well. Getting virus on your phone is not impossible but it is significantly harder than desktop. The risk is very small unless you install other apps and click on the allow unknown sources in the settings. It's worth noting that there were vulnerabilities in RNG previously on Android and there were apps on app store getting infected with virus.
Activity: 826
October 29, 2015, 02:13:52 AM
the best for me is mycelium on mobile as it is always on my side Smiley

I HIGHLY suggest looking into problems some have had with mobile wallets.  If you are rooted or jailbroken the risk goes up even more.   I would not store more then spending money on on mobile.

Cold storage is a lot better if done right.  And key words are done right.

Yes, when we go for mobile wallet, we must have latest anti-virus installed. Otherwise, there are lot of possibilities for other applications to access our wallet files. That's the reason I never support for mobile wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1143
October 26, 2015, 11:25:39 PM
Pages:
Jump to: