Pages:
Author

Topic: Best bitcoin wallet? - page 6. (Read 47149 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 18, 2016, 08:21:48 PM
EDIT:

yea, oke I got that, but what was the thing? 2FA code? is that another term for the second password,
or is that another term for that secret sentence of maximal 255 characters?

give me please an EXAMPLE of a private key,please
because this is still very unclear to me,

I just don't understand WAT that private key is and where to find it

Your using bloockchain.info so from their site:

Two Factor Authentication

SMS Message - A Message will be sent to your mobile phone containing an authorization code required at login
    Yubikey - Add a yubikey hardware USB device to an account
    Email - An Email will be sent to you containing a code which must be provided at login.
    Google Authenticator - Google Authenticator is a free android and iphone app which generates an authorization code to provide at login.

Those are all options you have to use as a 2nd factor. Goal is even if a "bad" guy gets password hopefully the 2nd challenge will keep it where they cannot get in.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 18, 2016, 08:10:19 PM
EDIT:

yea, oke I got that, but what was the thing? 2FA code? is that another term for the second password,

It stands for two-factor authentication. It may be an another password or a code which have sent into your email or your device.

That 255 character code was mnemonic seed. It was a backup key in case you forgot your password.

You can read private key here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key
Activity: 499
Merit: 304
January 18, 2016, 06:37:31 PM
EDIT:

legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:42:59 PM
Q Question:

Now I'm using blockchain.info on my laptop to do transactions.
But do I understand well, that this is a "hot" wallet en do I understand well, that this is an "online en also a web-based" wallet?

please a reaction, because may be I'm on the right path now

nice evening, peter
(here in The Netherlands, it is 21.45 uur)

You are right that it is web-based wallet.  It would also be hot wallet as it is always online for anyone to access it.   If it were cold it would not be connected to internet full time.

But my biggest advice for you is if not already make sure to turn on 2fa with blockchain.
Activity: 499
Merit: 304
January 18, 2016, 04:11:44 PM
Q Question:

Now I'm using blockchain.info on my laptop to do transactions.
But do I understand well, that this is a "hot" wallet en do I understand well, that this is an "online en also a web-based" wallet?

please a reaction, because may be I'm on the right path now

nice evening, peter
(here in The Netherlands, it is 21.45 uur)

legendary
January 14, 2016, 02:34:51 PM
For me the best bitcoin wallet is blockchain.info. Because the fee is small, easy transaction, easy create a address wallet. and it's my first online bitcoin wallet.

I would agree with you dude but try offline wallet as well it's fare secure than online wallet. Either you can use paper wallet

I want try offline wallet, but for now i don't have time to do it. because i'm not understand what is offline wallet and how it works. i will try it when i have time.

Paper wallet is not really that long of a process to do for 100 percent offline solution.  The only thing is you need to make sure your system is 100 percent clean and it's  not being stored on computer connected to internet.

So it can be done in a small amount of time.  But checking for it being a clean system you do it on is huge.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 14, 2016, 09:52:15 AM
For me the best bitcoin wallet is blockchain.info. Because the fee is small, easy transaction, easy create a address wallet. and it's my first online bitcoin wallet.

I would agree with you dude but try offline wallet as well it's fare secure than online wallet. Either you can use paper wallet

I want try offline wallet, but for now i don't have time to do it. because i'm not understand what is offline wallet and how it works. i will try it when i have time.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 14, 2016, 09:50:29 AM
Blockchain.info is a very good wallet
Activity: 11
January 14, 2016, 09:42:10 AM
Bitcoin core is the original, Multibit and Electrum are decent too.
Activity: 51
January 14, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
hardware wallet paper wallet and bitcoin core
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
January 13, 2016, 06:01:12 AM
brain/paper wallet is the best choice amongst all. And i'm using multibit HD & electrum as my desktop wallet, coinbase as my online wallet (which has more transaction) and mycelium as my mobile (android) wallet.

Use online wallets, if you have to do more number of transactions per day. Otherwise stay away from them, as they are vulnerable than other wallets.
Activity: 321
January 13, 2016, 05:53:59 AM
Electrum is pretty practical and safe. If you can't run bitcoin core. The best choice in my opinion is electrum.
Activity: 644
January 13, 2016, 05:25:55 AM

Activity: 406
January 13, 2016, 12:58:56 AM
Activity: 644
January 12, 2016, 11:04:02 PM
For me, its blockchain.info

Blockchain is always good for Online wallet Its very convinient to newbies to understand it easily. As a offline wallet i would suggest you to do with Electrum Because Its little faster than other offline wallets, You can better experience than Multibit for sure. Just try it;)

Agreed that Blockchain is the easiest to access and use while you're online but definitely a good idea to have a hardware Bitcoin wallet like Trezor as well. Can't ever have too many wallets  Grin

and better to have paper wallet, because paper wallet is strongest and cheapest wallet
paper wallet can save your btcoin for long time at safety place

Paper wallet is much safer side to avoid scamming and other issues. In online still Coin base and block chain are good enough and in offline Electrum is best known one. Which is smooth in transaction and fast in less connection as well.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
January 12, 2016, 08:34:43 PM

Blockchain is always good for Online wallet Its very convinient to newbies to understand it easily. As a offline wallet i would suggest you to do with Electrum Because Its little faster than other offline wallets, You can better experience than Multibit for sure. Just try it;)

Agreed that Blockchain is the easiest to access and use while you're online but definitely a good idea to have a hardware Bitcoin wallet like Trezor as well. Can't ever have too many wallets  Grin

and better to have paper wallet, because paper wallet is strongest and cheapest wallet
paper wallet can save your btcoin for long time at safety place
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
January 12, 2016, 08:32:33 PM

Activity: 994
January 12, 2016, 03:53:42 PM

Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
January 12, 2016, 03:52:16 PM

Why people still use that wallet Undecided please do more research first. BC.I wallet is have a lot problem with their wallet service, also don't forget if that service wallet have been removed by bitcoin.org from their wallet list. Use cold wallet is the best choice, don't use hot wallet even for your daily spend, better choose mobile wallet for daily spend.
legendary
January 12, 2016, 03:44:19 PM

It is a good hot wallet there is no doubt about it.  But it's not going to suit all needs.   

I have come to point I think you need multiple wallets and it depends on your usage what is best for you.  A all hot wallet or all cold wallet is not best.  It is a mixture, and possibly hardware in that mix depending on how many coins your using.
Pages:
Jump to: