Pages:
Author

Topic: Best free and secure cloud storage service? - page 2. (Read 1207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Use OneDrive, the one and only cloud storage which I use and I am very much satisfied. You can access your data anywhere, simply by logging in to your Microsoft account.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
i like Mega the most and use it for daily usage. Should take an look at there service it's owned by Kim Dotcom.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I would say azure trial is the best one, no ?
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Purple Six Recordz
I like google drive.
Activity: 109
The trouble is, everyone is spying so you're left with two choices: go with a storage provider with less than stellar resources and be vulnerable to everyone, or an internet giant who will make you vulnerable to fewer attackers. The whole interconnected web and OS experience seems to be how it's going nowadays - not that I'm a fan. So you either go all in or use techniques like encrypting documents on your desktop before uploading.

Because they spy in secret  Wink

Seriously, I am not comfortable with by storing sensible data on such cloud service without encryption.

I completely agree... That's why i'm thinking about building my own cloud using my 2 VPS's and dedicated box.... Maybe even only my dedicated box, since i can create an encrypted partition to put the data on, so not even a datacenter tech could look at my data Smiley

I was actually thinking about owncloud, i think that should do the trick  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
i use both google cloud and dropbox. Never had a complaint about them.

Seriously, I am not comfortable with by storing sensible data on such cloud service without encryption.

The trouble is, everyone is spying so you're left with two choices: go with a storage provider with less than stellar resources and be vulnerable to everyone, or an internet giant who will make you vulnerable to fewer attackers. The whole interconnected web and OS experience seems to be how it's going nowadays - not that I'm a fan. So you either go all in or use techniques like encrypting documents on your desktop before uploading.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

Activity: 109
I am thinking about building my own cloud. I have a dedicated box and some VPS's with loads of spare BW and diskspace Smiley
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
I've got different machines and I want to easily share data between them. Therefore I am looking for a fee and secure cloud storage service what offers an end-to-end encryption. I also want to store sensitive data like passwords (KeePassX backups i.e.).

I do not need much space. 50-100 MB would be okay.

Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: