Pages:
Author

Topic: Best PoS coin to invest in? - page 3. (Read 6924 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 23, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
PreminePlus (PMP), which is an improvement on the original concept of Premine (PMC).

I've been involved with both coins from the start. Actively helping the community. So far, I've mainly been involved with the distribution of PMP. Users were able to register to receive a stake of PMP, and then we used an automated system to distribute the coins. The distribution has been very fair, and as a pure POS coin, the only way to get in is to participate in the next giveaway, or as an award for bounties. PMC can also be burned for PMP, so those involved with the original coin don't lose out.

It's major advantages right now are that it's not getting a great deal of attention, and we're not currently pushing to be on any exchanges. That means people aren't dumping their coins driving down the price, but staking and gaining interest, which is exactly how POS currency should be. You haven't got anything to lose by holding a stake, which is why I like these distribution methods. PMP also has the advantage of learning from all the lessons from its predecessor, making the distribution a lot more egalitarian.

The best? Well, that would be far too presumptuous of me. But not many people are paying it any attention, because it's not on any exchanges yet. When it is though, I would expect it to get noticed.

You also have a dev who is not a new account who has mysteriously appeared out of no where, as many new coins are.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 23, 2014, 03:48:38 PM
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Tekcoin. This coin pays 40% interest every month! It beats the hell out of peercoin and nextcoin
Exactly how is that any good? Insane inflation levels that make the rich richer?
Such % is nonsense, even 40% interest every year is crazy.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
August 23, 2014, 03:37:11 PM
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Tekcoin. This coin pays 40% interest every month! It beats the hell out of peercoin and nextcoin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 01, 2014, 06:43:01 AM
The coin with the greatest success in the long term is Cloakcoin

what the actual fuck??

Cloakcoin has been out for less than a month

Is that what you call long term?

mind = blown

I would call that going full retard - and you never go full retard.

He meant it will have success in the long-term, not that it has had success since a long time.

Then he is wrong

I'm not much for PoS coins but I'll just put this out there
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2c9mvm/reddcoin_products_and_services_coming_in_august/

That may very well be a coin to look out for..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
August 01, 2014, 06:39:52 AM
You know how to sell. Wink

I know.

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.
The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :
- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.
- Open to any coin that wants to put in the work
The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :
- Everyone can open their own "shop" on the blockchain
- low fees
- VERY attractive to independent musicians and game designers
More info on the Nxt forum : https://nxtforum.org
If a game designer sells a game in the DGS, does he just sell a key, or the whole file that contains the game? I can not see how you can store giant game setup files on a blockchain without the blockchain becoming too big to handle.

That mean that the value of 1 NXT would be much much higher. A increase of the blockchain size would be negligible in this scenario because the face of Nxt would be totally different : more money, more developers, more investors, more innovations, ...

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
July 31, 2014, 06:34:01 PM

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.

The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :

- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.

The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :

- low fees

If a game designer sells a game in the DGS, does he just sell a key, or the whole file that contains the game? I can not see how you can store giant game setup files on a blockchain without the blockchain becoming too big to handle.
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
July 31, 2014, 06:17:36 PM

The main features are :

The main features are :

- low fees

You know how to sell. Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
July 31, 2014, 03:50:14 PM

what the actual fuck??

mind = blown

He meant it will have success in the long-term, not that it has had success since a long time.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
July 31, 2014, 10:06:26 AM

I think that may be a bit of an overstatement.
Although it does have potential, it has only been out for a month, so it may be too early to state something like that.
July 31, 2014, 07:49:09 AM

what the actual fuck??

mind = blown

PoS
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
If you can be anything, be kind and fair
July 31, 2014, 07:44:46 AM
Activity: 490
July 31, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

The main features are :

The main features are :

- low fees

Fuck yeah NXT is awesome
Activity: 98
July 31, 2014, 05:07:35 AM
Peercoin!!!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
July 31, 2014, 04:56:00 AM

The main features are :

The main features are :

- low fees

July 31, 2014, 04:54:23 AM
NXT is good coin to invest

no

to OP:

You shouldn't invest in PoS coins but if you feel that you must(I have no clue why some people think this way)

I would recommend peercoin.

but in general, stay away from PoS coins..
Activity: 100
July 31, 2014, 04:48:19 AM
 NXT is good coin to invest
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
July 31, 2014, 01:25:07 AM
Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend BlackCoin. Lots of features and development already in real world use, as well as in future deployment. *Very* attractive buy-in price ATM as well. Invite you to check out /r/Blackcoin to get an in depth due diligence.

Hmm, I'll consider adding Blackcoin to my list of things to get when I start getting some BTC ;-)
Qora looks attractive but I'm still struggling to understand where the PoS features comes in. Does it use a similar system as NXT?
Looking into Cloakcoin. As of now, anybody have recommendations for portfolio percentage sizes?
That is, if I were to buy a certain set of PoS cryptos, how much I should invest in each one?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
July 31, 2014, 12:29:43 AM
Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend BlackCoin. Lots of features and development already in real world use, as well as in future deployment. *Very* attractive buy-in price ATM as well. Invite you to check out /r/Blackcoin to get an in depth due diligence.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
July 30, 2014, 11:01:47 PM
Did I mention PoSA and Cloakcoin?

Check it out guys!
Activity: 378
July 30, 2014, 11:01:15 PM
The bulk would be in NXT as the most mature PoS crypto.

A little bit to test waters in NEM, Qora, BitShares. Those can be backup cryptos should NXT fail due to some fatal flaw. The probability of a fatal flaw is less with each passing day. The new PoS coins have yet to prove they don't have fatal flaws, that's why only investing a little in them is advised at this point, but as time goes on this can be reconsidered.

Peercoin is a) not a 100% PoS, and b) not a crypto platform (which wasn't in your question but why not choose 2.0 gen crypto?), I wouldn't consider it.

Oh, and forging is not for profit, at least not right now.

Forging could become profitable in the future, but it will take some time, forging is now mostly a way to support the network you bought a stake in.

Regarding peercoin, you're right, it isn't 2.0 but peershares will be and it pays its dividends in peercoin. This puts peercoin as the backbone currency for peershares and therefore increases demand. I for one wouldnt right them off and think along with bitshare x, they are a steal right now.
Pages:
Jump to: