Pages:
Author

Topic: Best PoS coin to invest in? - page 8. (Read 6924 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 05:33:08 PM
Financing miners is an economic burden (hidden by inflating the coin supply).
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
July 24, 2014, 05:25:43 PM
Why do you want to invest in a PoS coin?

What makes you think that PoS is a better investment than PoW?

Why do you think that any altcoin will outperform bitcoin?

If you don't have convincing answers to these questions, I suggest you better stay with bitcoin. The whole altcoin market is in decline because of the huge number of new altcoins coming out every day. I'm not denying that some of these coins are innovative, but most of them simply can't establish a true community that's big enough.
Keep in mind that bitcoin can also evolve and might integrate features originally introduced by altcoins.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
July 24, 2014, 04:40:31 PM
Peercoin!!!

I was thinking that too!

50% NXT,
50% PPC

both have an awesome development community, however their goals are quite distinct.
PPC is mainly designed to be a store of value (which encourages hording) which
NXT aimes for lots of features and a hight transactional volume.

You don't get rich by minting/forging you do it save your investment by securing the network.

Both are on discount now I believe.

Hmm, I'll consider that combination.
Is Qora something to invest in?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
July 24, 2014, 04:01:40 PM
Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.

NXT is currently the largest PoS coin in terms of market cap, next highest would be Peercoin.  It's difficult to say, however, if any altcoins, PoS or otherwise, will be a good investment in the near future or not.  It's almost impossible to tell which ones are going to perform well and which ones are going to crash and burn.  This thread will probably get filled with plenty of posts effectively saying "this coin I hold/invested in/promote is definitely the best one", but clearly there's an agenda there, so the only safe advice is to do your own research on the potential advantages and pitfalls.  Only invest what you can afford to lose.  Take everything you're told with a pinch of salt, because there's no real right or wrong answer to your question.  At the end of the day, we're all just guessing.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 04:00:56 PM
50% NXT,
50% PPC

both have an awesome development community, however their goals are quite distinct.
PPC is mainly designed to be a store of value (which encourages hording) which
NXT aimes for lots of features and a hight transactional volume.

You don't get rich by minting/forging you do it save your investment by securing the network.

Both are on discount now I believe.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2014, 03:57:42 PM
Peercoin!!!
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
July 24, 2014, 03:51:25 PM
Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.
Pages:
Jump to: