Pages:
Author

Topic: Best wallet ? - page 2. (Read 261 times)

BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
May 11, 2018, 11:19:36 AM
I suggest Trezor as someone earlier wrote,
but you'll probably be fine with either Trezor/Ledger Nano.

If you choose to use any other method, digital/paper wallet:
be certain that when you are getting your keys, that you've got a completely safe computer,
no viruses that can capture them.

I really suggest downloading Linux Mint on an USB, restarting from Linux Mint,
and on liveboot(OS without install) you can generate your keys/do what you need to do in terms of crypto,
and you'll be much safer than doing it on your usual Windows computer.

here are some more tips
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
May 11, 2018, 11:12:45 AM
Best wallet means it has to be the high secured wallet. I prefer hardware wallets are best and secured wallets. Ledger Nano S and Trezor are good hardware wallets. If you can't buy a hardware wallet you can use a desktop wallet like Electrum and Exodus.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
May 11, 2018, 10:26:32 AM
Which is the best and easiest to work with wallet ?

This is a great question, but there is no single best wallet. It depends on what you need from a bitcoin wallet and what your transasction behavior will be. Anyone who response here can give you great advice, but only you can truly decide the best wallet for you.

Factors for you to consider include:
  • Ease of use
  • How frequently you need to conduct transactions
  • Security preferences (vs. the convenience preferences, there's usually a tradeoff)
  • The currencies you want to hold, if you want multiple currencies with the same type of wallet you'll have fewer choices (not bad, just something to think about)
  • What country you live in - not all wallets are available to people in every country

Here are two great sites.

The first, Bitcoin.org Choose Your Wallet, will help you narrow down your choices. This site doesn't have all the choices but it has the major players.

The second, Crypto Compare Wallets, is a summary of all the wallets and exchanges available. You'll need to do more independent research on each, but this is the universe of options.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
May 11, 2018, 10:17:42 AM

It really depends on personal preference.

We created a "Cryptopedia" that goes into detail of each type of wallet and the most popular choices for each.

https://midcrypto.com/pages/cryptopedia
Activity: 138
Merit: 74
NotYourKeys.Org
May 11, 2018, 09:16:25 AM
Thanks a lot ! Im still new here and i'm a little lost.

All comes down to personal preference. I might prefer wallet A but you prefer wallet B. Your best bet is to test them out yourself and then decide for yourself

We have a list of wallets at: https://cryptosec.info/resources.html#wallets_section

Best of luck! And don't even think twice if there's something you don't know.
Activity: 9
May 11, 2018, 07:57:54 AM
Thanks a lot ! Im still new here and i'm a little lost.
Activity: 140
Merit: 35
May 11, 2018, 07:35:35 AM
Did you see the sticky on top of this board? You pretty much have it all explained there:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151

Trezor would be my personal choice.
Activity: 9
May 11, 2018, 05:42:22 AM
Pages:
Jump to: