Pages:
Author

Topic: Best wallet for Android? - page 6. (Read 1425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
September 24, 2021, 02:07:22 AM
Samourai wallet is a good wallet in my opinion, but using it for ricochet will comes will much higher fee which is 0.002 BTC, I have not used it before but some people do recommend it.

Wasabi wallet is a CoinJoin wallet, you can read their FAQ before you can think of using it at all to know what their fee look like, also like you implied, it support only computer, no mobile version.

Available for mac, windows & linux and frequently asked questions

You currently pay a fee of 0.003% * anonymity set. If the anonymity set of a coin is 50 then you pay 0.003% * 50 (=0.15%).

People uses these types of what for privacy, especially CoinJoin wallet like wasabi while considering not to directly not sending coin to a centralized service for it not to be seized because it was CoinJoined.

How can tainted coins becomes hard to be recognized by centralized services

But Samourai wallet can still also be used for making normal transaction also. You can read about making use of mixer to enhance privacy. These are lists of reputed mixers

2021 List Bitcoin Mixers Bitcoin Tumblers Websites

The mobile wallet I have used before and I like is electrum, it is also open source wallet, but it can not be compared to electrum on computer which have more features that can enhance privacy. But if you need a privacy wallet, I will suggest you to go for Bitcoin Core which will allow you to run your own node and using it with Tor, but it will require over 400 gigabyte to download the full blockchain.

But if you need an SPV wallet, I will advice you to go for Electrum, but know that SPV wallets connects on public server and sychronize with the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
September 24, 2021, 01:36:58 AM
Hi,

I see that this part of the forum does not have much movement. What would be the best wallet to carry on your mobile? I have seen Samourai, which seems interesting, because it carries TOR, but I have done some research and in this thread:

Best wallet to improve Bitcoin privacy, Wasabi, Samourai or something else?

It seems that Samourai's team does not have a very good reputation, although they compare both wallets in terms of privacy, but Wasabi does not have a mobile version.

I would like to know if any of you use Samourai for mobile or another wallet and what you think.
Pages:
Jump to: