Pages:
Author

Topic: Best way to store ledger nano 24 words seed phrase. - page 2. (Read 244 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I've memorized the password. it's some words that I won't forget.
Really? Not even if you have an accident, severe head trauma, or suffer from memory loss?  Wink

Notepad from microsoft?
Yes, that's the one.

The seed should be written down on paper and stored in different geographical regions. Make sure they are protected from humidity, water, and fire. Other options include engraving the words in stainless steel or creating your own method such as Securing Your Seed Phrase with Washers. Digital mediums are less safe, especially clouds and online platforms. Your seed shouldn't be on a computer that has an active internet connection for maximum security. Only hardware wallets have the means to protect you from some online threats.    
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
My concern would be how you're storing your password once you've put these 3 USB sticks somewhere. If you're not going to access them for a while, I don't think you'll do well relying on memory.

You might've been better off using notepad for this since it won't have anything that remembers the words you typed for its dictionary. It is unlikely anything detectable has been saved and if you use word a lot it might have already relearnt some of those words enough times and removed their original meaning.

I've memorized the password. it's some words that I won't forget.

Notepad from microsoft?
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
My concern would be how you're storing your password once you've put these 3 USB sticks somewhere. If you're not going to access them for a while, I don't think you'll do well relying on memory.

You might've been better off using notepad for this since it won't have anything that remembers the words you typed for its dictionary. It is unlikely anything detectable has been saved and if you use word a lot it might have already relearnt some of those words enough times and removed their original meaning.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
Hi all,

I would like to share how I store my ledger nano 24 words seed phrase. Please let me know if there is any flaw in my method. Also please share your ways of keeping your 24 words safe so everyone can gain some knowledge on keeping crypto safe.

I wrote them on a microsoft word on my laptop and put the microsoft word in three encrypted USB sticks. Then I keep three USB sticks in three separate locations. In a safe, car, and somewhere in my house. Even if someone has the encrypted USB stick they still won't be able to open it as it's password protected.

The only thing that worried me a bit is when writing on the microsoft word on my laptop. Will the laptop memorizes the microsoft word and keep it somewhere in my laptop that I don't know of? Thanks, guys.
Pages:
Jump to: