Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 16. (Read 704711 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Many thanks for alerting us about the dangers of malware. When I started working on my computer, I always reminded myself to be alert to emails, ads ... potentially containing malicious software, malicious code, viruses. Just a careless click, every effort, the money you try to accumulate will fall into the hands of the bad guys.
Activity: 5
Rather than blacklist, can any expert create the whitelist that is safe to join?

Thks
Activity: 103
That is appalling. Anybody of you experienced the payoff cryptolocker? I found out about it in the no so distant past. What isn't right with individuals
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Thanks for the information, I'm always very afraid of losing my data or getting a virus.
Activity: 48
Is it possible we have timely updates with the list of coin names like a weekly updated blacklist?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hey great finding and solid post. Could you please if possible also list down what crypto coin infrastructures have been infected by this malware? Since that will actually help us stay safe from this malware. The technical details are all right, but if we can get some pointers to where has this been injected we can steer clear of it and stay safe.
Its shit like this that makes people worry about investing in cryptocurrency. It looks basically like a hacker's paradise.
Activity: 34
Keep up with the good work and thanks for informing us
Activity: 266
Simple recipe do not download anything do not go to suspicious links,be careful not to rush to phishing,check the address.
Activity: 252
What malware is usually the easiest to attacking, how dangerous malware it is.
How can I be vigilant so I do not get the malware
Activity: 68
thanks for the info..  always be safe on your assets..
Activity: 293
Thanks for the informative post. I think everyone will be able to benefit from being aware of malware developers. Forewarned is forearmed) Everyone wants easy income but this is impossible as only knowing how everything work you can start earning. Better learning the basics and earning for long than stealing some cryptocurrency
Activity: 9
Best thing would be to setup a PC to use only for Bitcoin transactions?   Grin

I would setup a linux machine and run Clam AV on it
Activity: 7
Thankyou for reporting about this.
Activity: 122
Thank you for information. This forum has became a target for swindlers recently. It is need to be careful not to fall into their trap. By the way, you said that real developers couldn't understand that. Well then, is it possible  to have a problem for real developers on forum in terms of to be banned by moderators?
Activity: 37
Thank you very much for a very informative write-ups.
This will surely benefit all of us, not just people in crypto but in general(PC/internet users)
Activity: 76
Will this thread be updated for every new malware found?
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
The amount of money that hackers receive is quite small, there is no actual evidence that criminals are doing millions, extorting Bitcoin through their software development.

This does not mean that criminals will stop extorting, it will remain a rather popular business, but it is not as successful as it was supposed.
Activity: 76
Thanks for the info. I think this forum will help to save money from scammers. I keep only Altcoin, so for me this article was useful.
Activity: 168
Thanks for sharing the details of the sophisticated Malware. Now a day infections attempts are been going up and we need to take the utmost care to be safe and avoid clicking on any links.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

This just happened to me. First thought was that perhaps it's a browser based miner. Note the mention of WorldBTC!

The odd thing is that I have two Mozilla derived browsers running (Pale Moon, Firefox) and they both closed when I clicked on OK.

I checked all of the files in Program Files\Pale Moon and none of them have the string "BTC" or "WorldBTC" in them (but it could be encrypted)

I also checked my web cache and cannot find this string.

Can't find any pages related to this via Google.

Anyone had this happen?
Pages:
Jump to: