Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 18. (Read 712391 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 0
Wow! Thanks for the info! Excellent data! Carefully study this subject, and I take my notes!
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
Yea, be carefull what are you opening. I had problem once hardly i fixed it. This malware infections are very dangerous. Every miner should know that.
Activity: 88
Malicious software   or “malware” for short   is a broad class of software built with malicious intent. To identify i will tell you how.A newbie asks for the latest wallet, or wallet that doesn’t have any TX fees, or the latest/fastest miner, and the attacker posts a program with malware embedded as a response. This type of attempt usually gets spotted pretty quickly.The attacker creates a new ANN topic and posts a malware link as the download file (or a legit one and changes it to a malware one later).The attacker quotes a legitimate post containing a download link written by the real developer (usually the OP or a update post) and changes the link within the quote to a malware link.Those were just an examples of how they used it. So think before acting.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
It does seem to get worse.

But, the best thing you can do to start with in protecting your funds, is getting yourself a hardware wallet and storing tokens there. Avoid online wallets like MEW.
Activity: 196
On the computer must be an antivirus, look at where you enter your data and passwords. In general, you need to be careful with the data
Activity: 210
Still there scam in crypto guys?? Whats it like could you please post that website that possible for scam?? So i can i aware
Activity: 8
Thank you for posting this. Hope others would be informed and stay vigilant. Stay safe everyone.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
Thank you for the insightful information. I believe malware developers have this kind of platform as a target for obvious and selfish reasons.
Thank you for that😊😊
Please more more secure to our system !! So no one can hack or key ligger can enter this forum😇😇😊
Activity: 211
I think its very terrible incident for us.Malware is one of the most useless virus.It generally killed our phone and hacked our all privacy by a group. Actually,we work hard for our own development but this group haked this within a minutes like a vampire's eating.This work done by some indolence people who are interests to earn money dishonestly. For these all things,everyone should be aware of sophisticated Malware infection attempts
Will you post whos this user or web can have ah key logger so i can warn my friends??
Activity: 2
Yea, be carefull what are you opening. I had problem once hardly i fixed it. This malware infections are very dangerous. Every miner should know that.
yes
Activity: 100
Merit: 12
Thank you very much! this was very informative. stay safe.
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
I found this today. Post has since been removed but I managed to screenshot it beforehand and also left negative feedback. A link to the virus total results is included in the feedback.

It wasn't especially sophisticated, nor was it crypted just a basic wallet stealing code that scans PC for private keys. Seems to be targeted at noobs that would get greedy and download without thinking.

My god, this is just targeting at the greed of people. Always be wary of such a low blow
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
ok i am thoroughly scared of these malware attacks now.
Activity: 266
Lots of good information.Forewarned is forearmed. Thank you for posting, it was informative.
Activity: 33
I was wondering something about hardware wallets, in my case, the ledger nano and the last firmware update: is it possible for a malware to compromise the ledger manager and make me install a fake 1.4.1 firmware during the update process?
i didn't find  informations about that, if someone knows about the ledger security
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
It is getting kind of scary. I don't understand the insane need of malware attacks in a market that is generally so bullish anyways (ok it hasn't been bullish lately, but still). Bad people out there...
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
btw, thanks for the info.
As a newbie in crypto currency, that's one i'm worried about. We didn't know if the app i downloading is legit, or safe.

Do you have any basic rules on detecting malwares?

Your response will be much appreciated.

the best rule for detecting malicious programs is to keep the main purse on a device that has never been and will not be connected to the Internet!
Activity: 504
Merit: 23
Epsilon Omega
btw, thanks for the info.
As a newbie in crypto currency, that's one i'm worried about. We didn't know if the app i downloading is legit, or safe.

Do you have any basic rules on detecting malwares?

Your response will be much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: