Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of new SCAM on google play! SoBit: Bitcoin wallet - page 2. (Read 198 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
First of all, Google doesn't moderate scams unless there is a report from end users. It's their business and they need just money. Google just checks apps through AI or some easy way. And all we know detecting scams isn't easy anyway. However, you should learn Google reviews aren't worth it anymore. Because it can be manipulated easily. Why did you need to use your wallet by searching on Google play? Aren't you familiar with some popular crypto wallets? I am even not familiar with this name nor do I search on Google. I use a wallet from a trusted source.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
Why don't you just use famous wallets such as Coinomi, Electrum, TrustWallet, SafeFal and many other types available on the Play Store, Sobit does sound very foreign to me because I only know now after you state it.

Actually there have been several similar cases before where many fake applications spread on Google Play, see the case about the fake electrum wallet which has a 4.9 review

Another fake electrum wallet on google

Here are some lists of fake apps on the Google Play Store.

[Warning] List of fake wallets/apps on Google Play.

Maybe it's the SoBit site: https://sobit.pro/

Domain Name: sobit.pro
Registry Domain ID: abc6edf3105242389de89150d8a2d993-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com
Updated Date: 2022-07-19T07:12:28Z
Creation Date: 2022-07-14T07:11:38Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-07-14T07:11:38Z
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
just lost btc through a scam wallet on google play market. if you type in 'bitcoin wallet'. you'll see SoBit: Bitcoin Wallet. it has 5 star rating & it would be first or second on the list. beware. once you send funds to it, it sends out btc somewhere else after confirmation. i couldnt believe it at first but then after going through 1 star reviews i realised i wasnt the only one. makes me wonder how can google allow this scam to be on top?

This sound quite serious. You might want to bring forth a few details of exactly what happened as well as posting the evidence that you have. The best effect on investigating sobit would be if you posted this thread in scam accusations sub-forum here on Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

The people on that board might be able to help you out or you might find a few comrades who have had the same experience as you with the SoBit Bitcoin wallet.

Personally, I would not trust any Bitcoin or Altcoin wallet which does not have the full approval of Bitcointalk. I would also do my own research (at least on google search) whether or not someone distrusts said wallet.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 961
just lost btc through a scam wallet on google play market. if you type in 'bitcoin wallet'. you'll see SoBit: Bitcoin Wallet. it has 5 star rating & it would be first or second on the list. beware. once you send funds to it, it sends out btc somewhere else after confirmation. i couldnt believe it at first but then after going through 1 star reviews i realised i wasnt the only one. makes me wonder how can google allow this scam to be on top?

A lot of people these days give reviews and stars service to google play apps. Some of them use this service for the promotion of their app and some for such fraudulent. But after some reports google will remove it. I checked and i couldn't see it. Perhaps its already removed from the store. But there is a sobit app but there isn't 5 stars.
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

Pages:
Jump to: