Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware: scam (?) telegram group - page 2. (Read 310 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 17, 2018, 09:58:35 AM
So not sure how I ended up in this Telegram group, I believe it has been renamed from some other channel.
The name of the channel is: BinanceBitcoin Channel

It has 2516 members and it has the following pinned message:

BinanceCompetition - 5000 BTC Giveaway! 🔥🔥🔥

Competition period: 2018/10/17 0:00 AM to 2018/10/21 0:00 AM (UTC).

B­in­an­ce is pl­ea­sed to announce the b­e­ta la­un­ch of D­ecen­tralizedExc­han­ge (DEX) on 21 October 2018. To ce­lebr­ate the la­un­ch of the Bin­an­ce-Dece­ntra­lizedExc­han­ge (DEX), we have com­mi­tted a to­t­al of 5000 Bit­c­oin to gi­v­e a­w­ay to our fans wo­rld­wide. 🌎

To par­tici­pate and read our com­peti­tion ru­l­es please visit the l­i­nk bellow:

(I removed website address for obvious reasons, it doesn't work anyway)

Pl­ea­se note that you can use any EX­CH­AN­GE or WA­LL­ET in this event.

Thanks for your support! 🙏

and then members keep posting messages like:

This is the best event of the year, don't miss it! me and my brother received 29 bitcoins! thank you!

When I posted a message saying I'm not sure this is credible and indicating their website doesn't work, it seems moderator has removed my message and removed me from the channel.

Anything else that should be done about this besides reporting spam to Telegram?

Does anyone have Binance contacts to report this?

P.S. moderator name shows as Jack Watt and in his profile it says "Binance Customer Service"

definitely a scam group and waiting for someone to be their victim. Do you have the specific telegram username of the channel?
Activity: 37
Merit: 15
October 17, 2018, 08:59:07 AM
So not sure how I ended up in this Telegram group, I believe it has been renamed from some other channel.
The name of the channel is: BinanceBitcoin Channel

It has 2516 members and it has the following pinned message:

BinanceCompetition - 5000 BTC Giveaway! 🔥🔥🔥

Competition period: 2018/10/17 0:00 AM to 2018/10/21 0:00 AM (UTC).

B­in­an­ce is pl­ea­sed to announce the b­e­ta la­un­ch of D­ecen­tralizedExc­han­ge (DEX) on 21 October 2018. To ce­lebr­ate the la­un­ch of the Bin­an­ce-Dece­ntra­lizedExc­han­ge (DEX), we have com­mi­tted a to­t­al of 5000 Bit­c­oin to gi­v­e a­w­ay to our fans wo­rld­wide. 🌎

To par­tici­pate and read our com­peti­tion ru­l­es please visit the l­i­nk bellow:

(I removed website address for obvious reasons, it doesn't work anyway)

Pl­ea­se note that you can use any EX­CH­AN­GE or WA­LL­ET in this event.

Thanks for your support! 🙏

and then members keep posting messages like:

This is the best event of the year, don't miss it! me and my brother received 29 bitcoins! thank you!

When I posted a message saying I'm not sure this is credible and indicating their website doesn't work, it seems moderator has removed my message and removed me from the channel.

Anything else that should be done about this besides reporting spam to Telegram?

Does anyone have Binance contacts to report this?

P.S. moderator name shows as Jack Watt and in his profile it says "Binance Customer Service"
Pages:
Jump to: