Pages:
Author

Topic: bfl a scam? - page 3. (Read 6847 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
March 31, 2013, 12:23:47 PM
It really depends upon your definition of a scam.

If I offer you a trip to the moon for $30k that would be an incredible bargain.

If I take 1 million $30k deposits and spend the money trying to build a moon rocket with 4 seats on it, is it a scam?  

If I promise that trips will start next week, every week for a year, is it a scam? 

If I advertise on google that you can buy your trip to the moon for 30k and overlook telling you that there are 250,000 trips ahead of you is it a scam?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
March 31, 2013, 12:14:04 PM
I don't think there is any proof that BFL is a scam, however there is no proof that BFL will deliver on any of their promises. Holding on to your BTC is a better investment.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
March 31, 2013, 12:09:46 PM
BFL is at least showing somekind of progress now, and apparently Luke has one of the devices working & mining @ 14Ghash to finish BFGMiner.
Hopefully Luke will send us a video of the device soon Smiley

Next few weeks will likely be very revealing.
If you are worried, then wait until many people have posted receiving and pics/videos of their devices.

As long as there is no video about actual BFL device hashing there is no proof of any progress.

They've uploaded a video recenty and that supposed to be an ASIC
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 31, 2013, 11:00:03 AM
BFL is at least showing somekind of progress now, and apparently Luke has one of the devices working & mining @ 14Ghash to finish BFGMiner.

If you are worried, then wait until many people have posted receiving and pics/videos of their devices.

As long as there is no video about actual BFL device hashing there is no proof of any progress.
Activity: 402
March 31, 2013, 10:07:25 AM

Activity: 506
Merit: 500
March 31, 2013, 08:19:29 AM
When a company provides refunds, then it's hardly a scam. Even a couple of my friends got bored of waiting and got their refunds approx 1 week ago.

This is a very naive argument: a good scam will always accept to pay / refund customers as long as the benefits outweights the costs: they earn more by saving time and getting more orders than it costs to pay back unhappy customers, until the trends of orders vs withdrawals reverses.
Madoff has been paying interests and allowing withdrawals until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
Mybitcoin has been working as a normal wallet, allowing payments and withdrawals, until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.

Even pirate paid for almost a year, brainwashing people into trolling his detractors.
Activity: 770
March 31, 2013, 07:14:11 AM
When a company provides refunds, then it's hardly a scam. Even a couple of my friends got bored of waiting and got their refunds approx 1 week ago.

This is a very naive argument: a good scam will always accept to pay / refund customers as long as the benefits outweights the costs: they earn more by saving time and getting more orders than it costs to pay back unhappy customers, until the trends of orders vs withdrawals reverses.
Madoff has been paying interests and allowing withdrawals until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
Mybitcoin has been working as a normal wallet, allowing payments and withdrawals, until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
March 31, 2013, 03:36:08 AM

They still have my money and I'm prepaired to wait 1 more month.

The few concerns I have about them:

- Bad management
- Bad communication
- Competition bashing, while they couldnt show progress
- Pre-orders should not be a way of funding a project

I believe when they started taking pre orders, they had little more than an idea only and maybe rough plans.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 31, 2013, 03:17:20 AM
If you pre-order it will be a scam.

If you don't pre-order, it will not be a scam.

Choose one.

Will the pre-order influence the outcome of the scam measurement?

No just the order will
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
March 31, 2013, 03:09:23 AM

Choose one.

Will the pre-order influence the outcome of the scam measurement?
Activity: 490
March 31, 2013, 01:31:14 AM

Choose one.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
March 30, 2013, 11:48:19 PM
People think it's a scam because their pre-orders haven't been delivered in almost a year; the date they say they'll ship has been pushed back and pushed back and nobody wants to put up with it anymore.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 30, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
It's either an intentional scam or will end up being one because of the delusion/incompetence of the people running it.
Activity: 322
I AM A DRAGON
March 30, 2013, 11:43:15 PM
if anyone has any proof/evidence either way on whether or not bfl is a scam, id be interested since im thinking of ordering
Pages:
Jump to: