Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL ASIC Shipment Plan - page 5. (Read 13800 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 20, 2012, 06:12:09 PM
I just realized that the 1/3 plan is missing a 4th element:  Those of us who converted backlogged orders of prior-gen units to ASIC units.  Where do we fall?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
August 20, 2012, 06:04:04 PM

A couple of questions need to be answered about this one, for example:

What happens if I fit into the priority category, and I also have trade ins? which category to I fall into?
How are the random people chosen?

One of BFL's threads states that Trade-In customers which fall in the 1/3 of natural priority will be served based on their natural priority (chronological)

So, the second 1/3 in the scheme assigned for Trade-In orders should be exclusive from the first 1/3, but have it's own group chronological order.

thanks for the info I added it to the OP

streblo I also added your info and changed the post - I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in on this

if nothing else this thread at least puts all this information in one place, I am sure enough people care about when they are getting their ASIC's for this to warrant its own thread so they can easily find out how the shipments are being made.
August 20, 2012, 05:57:42 PM
Here's the policy clarification again:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go in order priority of purchase date.
1/3rd of the units will go to trade in customers.
1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

Both priority customers and trade in customers may benefit from random selection prior to their natural shipping order.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

Thank you for that, not sure why they show that URL with /products/ there is nothing about this policy on that page or any other page I can find.

It would be nice if things like this were on the website, I tried to have a conversation with BFL-Josh today but I think he went afk before he could answer my questions.

oh and by the way ice-chill your still on my ignore list and I still dont give a crap about anything you have to say.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
August 20, 2012, 05:56:21 PM

What happens if I fit into the priority category, and I also have trade ins? which category to I fall into?

One of BFL's threads states that Trade-In customers which fall in the 1/3 of natural priority will be served based on their natural priority (chronological)

So, the second 1/3 in the scheme assigned for Trade-In orders should be exclusive from the first 1/3, but have it's own group chronological order.

Activity: 336
August 20, 2012, 05:53:16 PM
See no point to this thread to be honest, if you bothered to read other posts, then you would have enough information.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
August 20, 2012, 05:50:06 PM
Here's the policy clarification again:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go in order priority of purchase date.
1/3rd of the units will go to trade in customers.
1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

Both priority customers and trade in customers may benefit from random selection prior to their natural shipping order.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.
August 20, 2012, 05:30:09 PM
BFL has stated the ASIC units will be shipped according to the 1/3rd-style plan. Although I am all for FIFO.

The other thread was discussing if BFL should wait to ship units, thus shipping them out as a large batch, rather than a smooth delivery as they are made.

I understand the 1/3rd plan is what they were discussing most recently however they have not made any kind of official statement or promise on how they are going to do it and they have not hammered out most of the details.

That is why I created this thread/poll to get them to finalize things and give us an official statement of how they are going to do it, and also give a venue where customers can voice their opinions and offer suggestions on the best way to do this.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
August 20, 2012, 05:18:17 PM
BFL has stated the ASIC units will be shipped according to the 1/3rd-style plan. Although I am all for FIFO.

The other thread was discussing if BFL should wait to ship units, thus shipping them out as a large batch, rather than a smooth delivery as they are made.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
August 20, 2012, 04:59:22 PM
First come first served

The "trade-ups" should also be queued the same way.
Activity: 364
August 20, 2012, 04:48:43 PM
Welcome to the BFL Customers Anonymous Meeting,
First Come First Served
well this one is pretty simple to understand, orders are shipped in chronological order based on order date

Win.

There is a reason businesses work this way. Imagine if I ordered a book off Amazon and they said I was unlucky and would be waiting another month.
August 20, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

If nothing else at least this thread has this shipping plan in a place where it is easily found.

Feel free to discuss it, its a good opportunity to give your suggestions and feedback in one place about this shipping plan

Pages:
Jump to: