Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL calling "loyal" customers (from +1-866-723-3108) - page 3. (Read 6202 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I think the people calling have really no idea about what they are talking about.
She said "You are happy with your Jalapeno?" - so knowing I have this slow box.
I had been happy with my first one. So she then said "I hope you will make some more Bitcoin in
the future with it."
I just realized that she really had no clue about what a Jalapeno (even he 7 Gh version) can/will earn me in BTC.

trepex
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I also received this call on Nov 7.  After her first question ' did someone there purchase equipment from Butterfly labs ', I said what pretty much the same thing everyone on this thread has said:

"Keep the coupon, I'm never doing business with Butterfly labs again."

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Yeah D&T, I was well aware, and made sure I was polite, while still expressing how I truly felt about the products and my experience as a customer.

I said thanks and wished her a nice day at the end of the call.

Thats good.  It wasn't directed at you just maybe some BFL customers who haven't got a call and will in the future will see that.  You did the right thing.  If your unhappy let them know your unhappy but in a civil way.  BFL will probably get transcripts, notes, and summaries.  Not sure it will do any good but Josh seems to think most BFL customers are happy customers and the forums just have a few loudmouth malcontents.  Maybe if they get a summary that 95%+ of calls had a negative view of the company/product it will wake them up.  Probably not but it can't hurt.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
conspicuous lack of Josh in this thread
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Yeah D&T, I was well aware, and made sure I was polite, while still expressing how I truly felt about the products and my experience as a customer.

I said thanks and wished her a nice day at the end of the call.
donator
Gerald Davis
To those getting the calls try to remember none of these unlucky employees work for BFL.  Their company bosses signed a contract for BFL so they make calls for BFL.  Hell 99% of them probably have no clue what mining or a mining rig is.   They are just phone jockeys.  The computer dials your number and they follow a script and try not to take the attacks they know are coming personal.

So try now to lash into these people.   This thread brings back bad memories.  My first IT job was customer support for Cannon.    although it did get better when I moved over to the professional SLR department.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I got the call too just now.  Same number as volosator reports.

Sounded like a call center.  She said her name was "Marith" I think.

She asked how I felt about my purchases, and I said that the hardware was working fine, but delivery was way too late, and that I wished I hadn't bought them.

She apologized, and asked if I planned to "upgrade" in the future.  I told her "No, I don't have faith that Monarch will be delivered on-time either."

She then gave me a coupon code good for 20% off future orders, and said that the code was good for one week.

What a joke.

I should have asked if the code was transferrable.  Maybe there's a sucker out there who would buy it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
LOLOL

just got this also, was almost shouting at the poor dude by the end

"I could have taken the schedule slippage and blown power budget, but the continual obfuscation, lying and abuse of customers by Josh was totally unacceptable.  In spite of actually receiving hardware that has paid for itself I will not be making any further purchases from BFL"

or words to that effect, perhaps with a few expletives sprinkled in

Maybe the true goal of these calls are to enable "customers" to vent against some low-cost call center person thus reducing possible windfalls against the BFL people.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
Funny, as I was reading this I received the call. Sounded like a woman of India descent.

They offered a 20% discount code with a 7 day expiration. I told her I was not interested due to the treatment by BFL. She then rebuttled by saying she could offer the discount with no expiration. To which I ranted a bit more how I would not order anything unless it was in stock and I don't believe that would ever happen with BFL, but I would accept the code for the heck of it. She seemed to miss the 'for the heck of it' part, or didn't care to give it out anymore at that point and said she understands and ended the call.  Probably for the best, as it will likely just collect dust and disappear like my 'first month 20% discount' and chip credits.  Really pathetic and sad they ran a company with so much potential into the ground.

Indian accent you say?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3436735
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
LOLOL

just got this also, was almost shouting at the poor dude by the end

"I could have taken the schedule slippage and blown power budget, but the continual obfuscation, lying and abuse of customers by Josh was totally unacceptable.  In spite of actually receiving hardware that has paid for itself I will not be making any further purchases from BFL"

or words to that effect, perhaps with a few expletives sprinkled in
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
I got a call as well.  I answered and announced my name.

All I heard was a beep, then a disconnect.   Undecided
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I got a call today also.  Sounded like it was coming from a call center.  Seemed a bit sketchy..
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
I got lucky and unlike most I know when to recognize luck.
The most sensible statement I've read all day.
Activity: 272
Not sure?  Really.  After the long string of complete and utter failures by BFL they are only to the level of "not sure".  Maybe there is hope for BFL after all.  They don't need to be the best just need enough customers who are "not sure".

I was being polite, that's it!
donator
Gerald Davis
Coupon works for the future orders only. Not sure if I want to buy anything from BFL going forward.

Not sure?  Really.  After the long string of complete and utter failures by BFL they are only to the level of "not sure".  Maybe there is hope for BFL after all.  They don't need to be the best just need enough customers who are "not sure".

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
i guess they didnt had new orders for some time ... and they start to panic ....  Cheesy
Activity: 272
Nina called this morning asking if I'm happy with the product I own. I wanted to say no, since unit is clocked to 60Gh/s, even it is capable of running faster if not capped, and it is loud, and efficiency is next to nothing compared to bitfury or KNC, but I had my wife sleeping and I said yes to end the conversation faster.

She said something about 20% off in a form of coupon, she will email it to me. Coupon works for the future orders only. Not sure if I want to buy anything from BFL going forward.

The phone number was 866-723-3108
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Love the Bitcoin.
I also received a call but didn't answer it in time - no voice-mail. Happy to learn what it was all about, so thanks.

I would have preferred they left our original discounts in place as "loyal customers".
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
I think they are using an Indian call center, the reps likely have no idea about BFL's history. I told them off anyway. They offered 20% off and said they had been trying to send me a discount code. I doubt there was any trying involved.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Really pathetic and sad they ran a company with so much potential into the ground.

With Inaba / Josh Zerlan at the helm as COO, running the company into the ground is a certainty if his history is any indicator of his trustworthiness, accuracy, and timeliness.

They can't go bankrupt or be prosecuted soon enough.
Pages:
Jump to: