Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL: Do not donate any money to charity - page 2. (Read 2039 times)

Activity: 466
Merit: 250
March 31, 2013, 01:27:04 PM
So is it only declared a finished product once they meet the power target? Are people who have already been waiting 9 months for the product supposed to sit and watch people who ordered after them mine with these "beta"s while waiting for the proper product.

THEY set the goal, They set the consequences for missing the goal, at this point it seems entirely likely they are going to miss the goal. Why should they not face the consequence they set?

Everyone has had 9 months to cancel their order and ask for a refund. BFL never stated which product should be 1.1W max per gigahash. I sincerely hope that BFL doesn't give ANY money away, even if they fail miserably with the power consumption. That requirement could be for a 3rd gen. BFL ASIC.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 31, 2013, 01:20:13 PM
So is it only declared a finished product once they meet the power target? Are people who have already been waiting 9 months for the product supposed to sit and watch people who ordered after them mine with these "beta"s while waiting for the proper product.

THEY set the goal, They set the consequences for missing the goal, at this point it seems entirely likely they are going to miss the goal. Why should they not face the consequence they set?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:11:43 PM
The charity donation was their choice, not the "trolls".

The power specs were something they used to draw customers towards their product and away from others, the charity donation was used to display the confidence they had in meeting the specs they were selling, To let them out of it now would basically be saying it's ok to lie and cheat to get sales.

But they dont have a product ready now. So if they manage to fix this they kept their promise. If they cant then of course the promise should be kept.

Yeah, nobody is expecting them to make the donation based on lab tests. It's BFL themselves that are saying they will be shipping these high power usage units.

As far as i read only if the customer would like to have the high power units instead waiting for better ones. So they ship some betas in my opinion, not the real endproduct. Of course if they cant deliver the endproduct with the low power usage the promise has to be kept.
March 31, 2013, 01:09:08 PM

The power specs were something they used to draw customers towards their product and away from others, the charity donation was used to display the confidence they had in meeting the specs they were selling, To let them out of it now would basically be saying it's ok to lie and cheat to get sales.

But they dont have a product ready now. So if they manage to fix this they kept their promise. If they cant then of course the promise should be kept.

Yeah, nobody is expecting them to make the donation based on lab tests. It's BFL themselves that are saying they will be shipping these high power usage units.
legendary
March 31, 2013, 01:07:18 PM

March 31, 2013, 01:05:32 PM

legendary
March 31, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
Why should they? They didnt ship yet so they have time to fix it. And when they ship it with higher watt then its on wish of customers. That doesnt say the final product will be better. I wouldnt donate at this stage too.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
March 31, 2013, 01:00:59 PM
Just let trolls complain. Nobody else cares.

Waiting for your response frizz or smoothie...
Pages:
Jump to: