Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Releases Renderings of New BFL Single WaterBlock and Heat Sink - page 3. (Read 6092 times)

Activity: 467
Merit: 250
Activity: 467
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
If this is a real snapshot of the BFL ASIC miner development progress, we will not see BFL ASICs in october nor in november. Undecided
it's not hard to guess. Still must be time for product testing phase before mass production. January, February, March? we'll see. it's better late than never
If the ASIC vendors are right with their performance estimations, beeing late is only slightly better than deliver never. The early bird catches the worm.
Only if you're interested in a 10-day break-even point.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1261
If this is a real snapshot of the BFL ASIC miner development progress, we will not see BFL ASICs in october nor in november. Undecided
it's not hard to guess. Still must be time for product testing phase before mass production. January, February, March? we'll see. it's better late than never

If the ASIC vendors are right with their performance estimations, beeing late is only slightly better than deliver never. The early bird catches the worm.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I find it interesting that BFL states that these ASICs are very heat tolerant, which to me means they run pretty cool, yet they go and develop a waterblock for it.

It could mean a couple of things: like they missed their thermal envelope, they will use it in the SC mini-rig to reduce fan numbers and noise (plausible), or maybe just for the cool factor.

I for one am very curious as I am a watercooling junkie.  Smiley

You put 25 of those boards spaced 1" apart in a box, that's gonna be tough to cool with air.

I don't see why you can't, they did it with the FPGA mini-rig with 18 boards. It should be possible to do again if the thermals are similar.
legendary
Activity: 952
So rather than a MR having 25 SC Single boards to make 1.5TH/s, I wonder if they've OC'd and WC'd 15 boards to 100GH/s each.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I find it interesting that BFL states that these ASICs are very heat tolerant, which to me means they run pretty cool, yet they go and develop a waterblock for it.

It could mean a couple of things: like they missed their thermal envelope, they will use it in the SC mini-rig to reduce fan numbers and noise (plausible), or maybe just for the cool factor.

You put 25 of those boards spaced 1" apart in a box, that's gonna be tough to cool with air.

Totally agree, it has to be for the minirig.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1261
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

That also didn't make sense to me.

Why cool something like that if it runs very cool and hardly consumes any electricity?

Is it for overclocking the chip or are there hidden features (deactivated sub-cores) hidden inside each die?
Activity: 182
I can totally tell it's photoshopped... from the pixels.
photoshop? you sure? you're wrong, projects be designed in CAD​​, as I guess. Smiley

Seriously though. I wonder how long it takes to render that plastic looking shiny thing with my gpu based mining rig.

3 weeks with shipping Smiley
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
I think it's not a stretch to have the minirig SC be watercooled. 1500W is a lot of heat to dissipate.

That is basically what this blog post is hinting at: http://codinginmysleep.com/more-bfl-product-renders/

The water blocks are most likely for the larger rigs for density. It would be nice to have for the single though since my PC has plenty of radiator for another heat source.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I think it's not a stretch to have the minirig SC be watercooled. 1500W is a lot of heat to dissipate.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
I can totally tell it's photoshopped... from the pixels.

Seriously though. I wonder how long it takes to render that plastic looking shiny thing with my gpu based mining rig.

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

Activity: 154
It's a scam. Water cooling doesn't exist. You guys are so gullible.
Activity: 295
Both cooling devices look to be quite compatible with their preliminary Single SC layout  Wink

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
i wonder if they will ship the water block later or if that will delay production
Activity: 170
Let's hope that happens!
Pages:
Jump to: