Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 105. (Read 119834 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
I think oliwer21 was referring to the tithe blocks which don't bring rewards? Either way, it's not just you, nobody got anything in the last X hours because of the pool difficulties, otherwise that would not be the case, of course you get paid per share contributed, but the pool didn't find any blocks for a long time. Don't worry, it will be resolved soon, we have a great dev.
Youre rigt. I dont expect ill get reward for block 5455 cuz i wast minning on blocks betwen 5444 and 5455. But i was mining betwen 5388 and 5444 with shares 15-17...
But im not even on block distribution list of 5444 block.
Oliwer, there are a lot of dynamics here.

One, we have over 750 solo miners out there (I base that on yesterdays high of 750 connections to my external node).  Only about 200 pool users hit the pool simultaneously (although granted, we have over 1000 connections, since multiple threads connect per worker), but anyway let me move on.
The pool is only receiving 20% of the traffic.  It is very possible sometimes the pool will only solve a few blocks in a half a day due to random difficulty and luck.

On the tithe blocks, to make this system fair for everyone, the difficulty is lowered to a miniscule amount on tithe blocks. So those blocks do fly by without much work from the miners.

I think in our case, there are solo miners out there that are looking at the forward value of this coin.  We will find out a lot more when we hit block 7000, as they will all be forced to upgrade at the same time and hopefully we will know more about who these miners are.

I do have an idea on the performance of the pool but this is getting redicules (IE being attacked already, being such a new pool).  I'm thinking we enhance the protocol to handle an unlimited amount of threads per connection, and make the threads wait and speak back to the pool as a single unit.  More on that later.  That will have to be next as Im already deep into the next feature, but seems like something valuable we can do.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hmm, this was discussed before but I can't remember if the pool will only count you if you're on the leaderboard at the time of a block find
But it dont match with pure definition od pool:( and it give oportunity to think its a scam if someone can "predict" block will be good.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Hmm, this was discussed before but I can't remember if the pool will only count you if you're on the leaderboard at the time of a block find. Even though that's not so logical, it seems to be your case. But that would allow for pool hopping etc.
I think oliwer21 was referring to the tithe blocks which don't bring rewards? Either way, it's not just you, nobody got anything in the last X hours because of the pool difficulties, otherwise that would not be the case, of course you get paid per share contributed, but the pool didn't find any blocks for a long time. Don't worry, it will be resolved soon, we have a great dev.
Youre rigt. I dont expect ill get reward for block 5455 cuz i wast minning on blocks betwen 5444 and 5455. But i was mining betwen 5388 and 5444 with shares 15-17...
But im not even on block distribution list of 5444 block.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Hmmm... i'm a bit confused... you don't get reward untill you will be mining on "specific" block, not energy you spend to get to this block.
All you work to help pool to get through "empty" blocks is waste of time untill you will be mining when pool find "this" block. So it sounds it's a coin for big fishes that mine ofr 24/7... for ocasional miners its waste of time?

Each pool operates differently, but assuming this one does like a lot do follow the fake numbers here.

Lets say we're trying for block 1 on a pool with just you and I, you contribute 2 units of work and I do 2 as well.  Solo miner finds block 1.  So we pool miners shift to working on block 2 (like everyone else does).  Again you contribute 2 units of work and I contribute 2 units.  Our two-man pool finds block 1.  Since you contributed 4 units of work and I contributed 4 units of work, you get 4/8 of the reward and I get 4/8 of the reward.  So now, imagine we didn't find block 1, and I had to leave because my power went out.  You contribute 2 units of work to blocks 2 3, 4 and find block 5.  You would get 2+2+2+2+2+2 or 12 shares, and I'd get 2+2, 4 shares.

The same is true of a pool with 100 miners, like the Dev's pool.  If you mine for an hour, no block is found, you still earned shares.  The upside is with an average of 7 minute blocks, sporadic mining (like maybe you only mine at night when no one needs the home computer) don't realistically impact to a large degree.  Yes, you'd do better if you mined 24/7, but you're not going to be punished for only mining 8 hours a day (or an hour a day) beyond the fact you're only contributing shares when you're active and you get paid for your shares.
Activity: 392
Is the pool down? My wallet has reverted to solo mining. Hopefully will be able to find a block with my mighty hashrate of 50khps  Wink
Hmmm... i'm a bit confused... you don't get reward untill you will be mining on "specific" block, not energy you spend to get to this block.
All you work to help pool to get through "empty" blocks is waste of time untill you will be mining when pool find "this" block. So it sounds it's a coin for big fishes that mine ofr 24/7... for ocasional miners its waste of time?
Edit: dont get me wrong but on 8 hrs on mining i get nothing but if i would mine a hour longer i would get reward from two blocks... isn't thats a bit unfair?
@bible_pay

"CryptoCurrencyFreak 44 minutes ago
Would it be possible to put the version number of the Windows binaries on the download link so we know what version we are downloading and what the latest version is?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6x0fbz/mandatory_pool_update_v1024/dmcgnm1/

That would be fantastic!
Other question, when a new block is generated, it appears (in the blockchain explorer) that the entire subsidy (usually in the high 19K range) usually goes to a single wallet.  Shouldn't every block go 90% to the finders wallet and 10% to the orphan wallet?  Or is there something I'm overlooking?

Full reward from every tenth block (ending in 0) goes to the orphan wallet and full rewards from other 9 blocks go to miners/pool. You can check this out in the explorer by looking at the address labels.

Thank you for clarifying this, I never saw that in the write-up and am glad that is the case.  I would then infer when Sanctuaries come on line they'll get the full reward of every tenth block ending in 5.
Merit: 10
@bible_pay

"lipasss 5 hours ago
Hi Just tried to run the 64bit version and I continuously get the error massage : NSIS Error Integrity check has failed.
I'v tried to download a few times. No success installing the file so far... What can be the problem ? Is there an alternative address to download this file ?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/dmbz4xa/

This was happening to me on 1 machine - WIN10 64, tried uninstalling BBP, running CCleaner, etc..
I ended up opening CMD prompt and browsing to the path of the installer and typing it out. After the .exe enter "/NCRC" and it should bypass that error. Some are able to drag the installer into CMD but that would not work for me. Tried dropping the .exe in multiple folders but that wasnt the issue. So.. just CD to the path and "xxxx/xxxx/biblepay.exe /NCRC

Worked for me - showing latest wallet
@bible_pay

"lipasss 5 hours ago
Hi Just tried to run the 64bit version and I continuously get the error massage : NSIS Error Integrity check has failed.
I'v tried to download a few times. No success installing the file so far... What can be the problem ? Is there an alternative address to download this file ?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/dmbz4xa/

Hmm, Im unable to reproduce this.
On my 64bit windows desktop I navigate to:
www.biblepay.org
Click download 64 bit windows wallet.
Open download folder.
Copy file to c:\
Run new file.

No installer error; 1.0.2.5 loads over old version.

Runs.

Please clarify where you are downloading from and how you are saving it.

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
@bible_pay

"lipasss 5 hours ago

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
@bible_pay

"CryptoCurrencyFreak 44 minutes ago
Would it be possible to put the version number of the Windows binaries on the download link so we know what version we are downloading and what the latest version is?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6x0fbz/mandatory_pool_update_v1024/dmcgnm1/
Other question, when a new block is generated, it appears (in the blockchain explorer) that the entire subsidy (usually in the high 19K range) usually goes to a single wallet.  Shouldn't every block go 90% to the finders wallet and 10% to the orphan wallet?  Or is there something I'm overlooking?

Full reward from every tenth block (ending in 0) goes to the orphan wallet and full rewards from other 9 blocks go to miners/pool. You can check this out in the explorer by looking at the address labels.

Correct; I just checked the pool wallet and its last block found was 5388 @ 10:01 AM.

So since, 3588 all blocks found solo miners?
How i can check how big is h/s of pool atm?

Add up the leaderboard or the last block paid.  Right now the leaderboard is 15.9MhS and the last block paid was 16.9MhS.

On 08/29 I got paid on 26 blocks and there were fewer than 148 found (since block 5533 was on 08/30 and block 5185 was on 08/28, but that's good enough for my ballpark).

So using a single data point of 08/29 the pool found just over 17.5% of the blocks (call it 18%), and using the single data point of last block paid had an approximate rate of 17MhS.  That would infer the global hashrate is approximately 95 MhS give or take.  So a solo hash rate of 95KhS would give give you approx 1 block per five days but since the block generation has been slower then one per 7 min, a week would be more realistic.  Given the way probability works, you'd have about an 85% chance to get one in ten days at the current slow rate.
Ok, I'll find his post (I'd used his sampling methodology before to estimate the network hash rate but wasn't sure if there was an easier way to accomplish it internally that I had overlooked).

Other question, when a new block is generated, it appears (in the blockchain explorer) that the entire subsidy (usually in the high 19K range) usually goes to a single wallet.  Shouldn't every block go 90% to the finders wallet and 10% to the orphan wallet?  Or is there something I'm overlooking?

Correct; I just checked the pool wallet and its last block found was 5388 @ 10:01 AM.

So since, 3588 all blocks found solo miners?
How i can check how big is h/s of pool atm?
Is there a way to accurately gauge the global hashrate.  Using getnetworkhash gives a pretty small number (2xx,xxx.xxx) unless that is KhS or MhS?
Its not worth it- we will have a new algorithm in just 1600 blocks which requires a regauging.

In the mean time I think happy came closest.
Is there a way to accurately gauge the global hashrate.  Using getnetworkhash gives a pretty small number (2xx,xxx.xxx) unless that is KhS or MhS?
Jump to: