Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 48. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Created a bash script to automatically install Biblepay daemon on linux, configure it and start mining in the pool using @togoshige's reddit guide.

All instructions included in the script, feel free to fork/edit it for your needs.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b

Basic usage: 1. Download script, 2. sudo chmod +x install_biblepay.sh 3. ./install_biblepay.sh {number of mining threads} {pool worker name}

@bible_pay You can add the script to the repo or the wiki under installation guides if you would like.

Cheers
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Out of curiosity while I compile.. I had a question. Is the command below assigning the password = pwd to BBP root just so it can write in and out without issue?

BP_ROOT=$(pwd)

No, BP_ROOT is not the root account, its the BiblePay Root Directory argument, and pwd is not the password, but the 'current working compile directory'.  Its needed to make BerkleyDb4.8 work in linux.  The reason we cant go to 5.1+ is we are staying with Bitcoin compatibility for the wallet format.

Wow.. i was way off! LOL. thank you for the explanation. Well along those lines, im still tech. challenged. I have installed the linux miner on 4 computers.
Using the instructions on Reddit, line for line.. 2 of them worked and 2 of them give me this error when trying to launch the GUI

m4tsby@LinuxLiteOpterons:~/biblepay$ cd src
m4tsby@LinuxLiteOpterons:~/biblepay/src$ cd qt
m4tsby@LinuxLiteOpterons:~/biblepay/src/qt$ ./biblepay-qt
bash: ./biblepay-qt: No such file or directory

How that can be with all distros being basically the same, all deb based?

These instructions were followed - Note: GUI will be built automatically only if you meet the requirements for qt library, i.e. make sure you ran this line before compiling:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

Hi m4tsby,

You probably haven't had met the requirements for building GUI. Run the apt-get line again:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

And make sure that you have no errors in the output. You probably will have some - when you resolve them and have successfully installed these libraries just rebuild the biblepay.

If you have additional problems, we should probably move this discussion to reddit (linux install thread) in order not to clutter this forum here.

I am also having the same issues as listed above, have tried to rebuild to no avail.

I am also having an issue with pool mining, All was running fine, no changes made yet now it says "poolmining:false"??

Are you shure that the List of needed Packages is complete?
I can build the biblepayd but not the qt binary in the Actual Version.
All mentioned Packages are installed on the System.

The Build of the qt Version 1.0.3.7 has been possible on the same System.

I think that some packages are missing from the Install guide and whatever is missing comes natively installed with larger distros. The guide instructions installed fine with Mint, Ubuntu 14, Xubuntu, but will not compile the GUI on Linux Lite, or Lubuntu.  This is my thought at least but I agree Ill take this offline to the Reddit post as to not add noise to the thread. Slack channel will be nice for support as well.  Thanks All 

Found it. On my Debian 8 System, installing the Package libqt5webkit5-dev solves my Problem.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
im tested 2 machines with 1 miner= result is same= i came back with ghost miners......1shit 1-2core for 20-40€ do better result like ryzens,xeons etc hard brute CPUs

all mining is very weird
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
So we have to run multiple daemons to get better rewards (HPS2)? It seems the pool reward algorithm is wrong? All the shares are equal no matter the difficulty of the share is?

One 10-CPU machine with 1 miner gives 29k HPS2.
One 10-CPU machine with 10 miners gives 120k HPS2.

29k to 120k. it is 4 times reward.
This will let us create many many workers in the pool.

Btw, you can consolidate your workers so we dont have massive long list of miners in the leaderboard- once you know your avg HPS2, you can point two or more daemons at one workerid and should see the increased HPS2 now.  The HPS itself will be wrong, but HPS2 should rise.

Ah, I've only looked at HPS when I tested that and I guess I didn't give enough time for HPS2 to rise.

But does this mean I can point all of my separate machines to just one workerid, or does that apply only to the nodes on the same machine?

I've not done it personally, but you can point multiple machines at one workerID.  It will show only one of their "reported" HPS but the HPS2 will be the actual aggregate.  Would be interesting to test out if a singular workerID with multiple machines pointed to it is worse than multiple workerIDs with multiple machines.
Activity: 159
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
So we have to run multiple daemons to get better rewards (HPS2)? It seems the pool reward algorithm is wrong? All the shares are equal no matter the difficulty of the share is?

Btw, you can consolidate your workers so we dont have massive long list of miners in the leaderboard- once you know your avg HPS2, you can point two or more daemons at one workerid and should see the increased HPS2 now.  The HPS itself will be wrong, but HPS2 should rise.

Ah, I've only looked at HPS when I tested that and I guess I didn't give enough time for HPS2 to rise.

But does this mean I can point all of my separate machines to just one workerid, or does that apply only to the nodes on the same machine?
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
OK, I will try this way to see if the hps2 increase. Thanks.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

Btw, you can consolidate your workers so we dont have massive long list of miners in the leaderboard- once you know your avg HPS2, you can point two or more daemons at one workerid and should see the increased HPS2 now.  The HPS itself will be wrong, but HPS2 should rise.

Maybe the fast server solve the problems too fast and need to wait for another task. The waiting time is too long for fast server.
So, if I have a server, I will create many workers to get better rewards and that could put a burden on the pool.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
WTF?!
No, the assumption isnt that its wrong, the assumption is the biblehash algorithm favors small rigs.  Remember the biblehash algorithm isnt written to reward the fastest proc, its written to reward who solves the biblehash chained verses with a solution- and that requires a full node- take a look at the code for the hash algorithm- it requires you to look at the block, get things every so often when the timestamp needs changed, chain the verses together and execute some business logic from the full node to hash it.

Now as far as how do we explain why the pool seems to favor distributed nodes over super machines, I have no clue.  Ive looked at the code for the solution reward, and its like this:
I hand out 20 equal easy problems to the team, and as you solve those equal easy problems you get a share.  Thats how it works.  Why multiple machines solve these equal weighted shares 'easier' is still beyond me.

Thank you so much for all that.    Smiley

Let me archive this on our wikipedia page.

You're welcome. Smiley You could also add the instructions there on how to run multiple nodes, from my previous posts. I am also hoping for your rough opinion of the results.

Thanks.  Yeah, I wrote one line about it at the top.  Anyone, feel free to edit the page to make it nicer.
I am in the middle of starting the slack team guys so I have to stay focused.  Im also writing code for the governance web interface for support for the upcoming changes.  (We have to convert proposals to hex, have pages to enter proposals, convert to RPC commands, create transactions, send escrows, list the proposals, submit the proposals, etc, and all that is just for the first sanctuary command, etc).  

Thats why it is important for us to start an IT department over the next 3 days.

Thank you so much for all that.    Smiley

You're welcome. Smiley You could also add the instructions there on how to run multiple nodes, from my previous posts. I am also hoping for your rough opinion of the results.
Wild, good deal that you got that far.

I havent done it with biblepay yet, but here is a link where someone connects to his second instance of multichain-cli:

https://www.multichain.com/qa/2817/how-to-run-datadir-in-multichain

It appears the biblepay-cli command authenticates you through a default rpc port and that guy is specifying a second one Smiley

Thanks for the link. So I accessed the second CLI like this:

Code:
./biblepay-cli -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 getmininginfo

(I put the listen=0 in the conf file)

I actually already tried the above command before and it didn't work, but it's because I was too tired and I typed ./biblepay-cli getmininginfo -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 (so the order of arguments is important).

RESULTS

All values are taken after about half an hour of mining. Type of computer: 10-CPU Xeon Skylake.
Note that for the pool to register more than one instance, every instance has to be a different worker.

Running 1 biblepayd at genproclimit 20:
HPS: 52k
HPS2: 29k

Running 2 biblepayd at genproclimit 10 each:
HPS: 29k + 28k = 57k
HPS2: 30k + 30k = 60k

Running 4 biblepayd at genproclimit 5 each:
HPS: 15k + 14.5k + 14.5k + 14.5k = 58.5k
HPS2: 19k + 22k + 19k + 20k = 80k

Running 10 biblepayd at genproclimit 2 each:
HPS: 6k x 10 = 60k
HPS2: 12k x 10 = 120k

So the conclusion is obvious - the HPS is about the same regardless of the number of daemons, but HPS2 rises considerably.

The next test I did was running 10 daemons on 10 separate 1-CPU machines (the CPU is the same as in the 10-CPU machine) and also genproclimit 2 as before.

This scenario gives:
HPS: 10k x 10 = 100k
HPS2: 17k x 10 = 170k

So this is even more than if you run 10 daemons on the same machine, which is 60k HPS and 120k HPS2, as noted above.

Summary

Solo mining
One 10-CPU machine with 1 miner gives 52k HPS.
One 10-CPU machine with 10 miners gives 60k HPS.
Ten 1-CPU machines with 1 miner each give 100k HPS.

Pool mining
Ten 1-CPU machines with 1 miner each give 170k HPS2.

Thank you so much for all that.    Smiley

Wiki Link:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Multiple_Instances

Wild, good deal that you got that far.

I havent done it with biblepay yet, but here is a link where someone connects to his second instance of multichain-cli:

https://www.multichain.com/qa/2817/how-to-run-datadir-in-multichain

It appears the biblepay-cli command authenticates you through a default rpc port and that guy is specifying a second one Smiley

Thanks for the link. So I accessed the second CLI like this:

Code:
./biblepay-cli -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 getmininginfo

(I put the listen=0 in the conf file)

I actually already tried the above command before and it didn't work, but it's because I was too tired and I typed ./biblepay-cli getmininginfo -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 (so the order of arguments is important).

RESULTS

All values are taken after about half an hour of mining. Type of computer: 10-CPU Xeon Skylake.
Note that for the pool to register more than one instance, every instance has to be a different worker.

Running 1 biblepayd at genproclimit 20:
HPS: 52k
HPS2: 29k

Running 2 biblepayd at genproclimit 10 each:
HPS: 29k + 28k = 57k
HPS2: 30k + 30k = 60k

Running 4 biblepayd at genproclimit 5 each:
HPS: 15k + 14.5k + 14.5k + 14.5k = 58.5k
HPS2: 19k + 22k + 19k + 20k = 80k

Running 10 biblepayd at genproclimit 2 each:
HPS: 6k x 10 = 60k
HPS2: 12k x 10 = 120k

So the conclusion is obvious - the HPS is about the same regardless of the number of daemons, but HPS2 rises considerably.

The next test I did was running 10 daemons on 10 separate 1-CPU machines (the CPU is the same as in the 10-CPU machine) and also genproclimit 2 as before.

This scenario gives:
HPS: 10k x 10 = 100k
HPS2: 17k x 10 = 170k

So this is even more than if you run 10 daemons on the same machine, which is 60k HPS and 120k HPS2, as noted above.

Summary

Solo mining
One 10-CPU machine with 1 miner gives 52k HPS.
One 10-CPU machine with 10 miners gives 60k HPS.
Ten 1-CPU machines with 1 miner each give 100k HPS.

Pool mining
Ten 1-CPU machines with 1 miner each give 170k HPS2.
Activity: 224
I found this Bible Pay just browsing around I didn't even know it existed. Are there any exchange's it's listed on??

Yes it's already listed on exchange you can check it out here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/#markets

I wish the price of BBP rise a bit though.

I hope so too but I think it can take some time.
Activity: 476
I found this Bible Pay just browsing around I didn't even know it existed. Are there any exchange's it's listed on??

Yes it's already listed on exchange you can check it out here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/#markets

I wish the price of BBP rise a bit though.
We're on c-cex so far.

If anyone is just browsing around, wondering what we do, we sponsor orphans from 10% of the blockchain, check this site out:

http://accountability.biblepay.org/

Click on Orphans | Orphan Active Sponsored Orphans list.

We have about 94 orphans already sponsored.
We're on c-cex so far.

Pages:
Jump to: