Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh) - page 11. (Read 13211 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
PS Btw guys, the windows version on biblepay.org is 1021c, so anyone can jump in and help on testnet now.

Tried doing a completely clean install of the 64-bit Windows release of 1021c, but it's still not working on testnet for me. Don't know if it'll help, but I uploaded the debug log to pastebin at https://pastebin.com/di2U3wMf

-edit-
Updated to a new pastebin debug log, since it started throwing a bunch of errors after I posted the first.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.
It could be that whatever I mined on the ghost chain last night caused you to ban me.
It should technically sync back to 1240 or so and then we can start mining in testnet.

I don't have access to my miners right now, so sadly I can't make any changes for another day. But one of the miners I tried to deploy on the testnet was brand new, with a fresh installation of the wallet. But that one also didn't get any connections.
Thats cool, I have to leave in a few mins myself, but I was actually hoping some people could get in and solo mine on testnet (I dont think the pool is up right now on the testnet side), Im trying to see if we can solo mine testnet and look at the next 20 blocks diffs and subsidies and chainwork and ratio of biblehashes etc.

When I get a chance Ill try to grab another node also.

PS Btw guys, the windows version on biblepay.org is 1021c, so anyone can jump in and help on testnet now.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.
It could be that whatever I mined on the ghost chain last night caused you to ban me.
It should technically sync back to 1240 or so and then we can start mining in testnet.

I don't have access to my miners right now, so sadly I can't make any changes for another day. But one of the miners I tried to deploy on the testnet was brand new, with a fresh installation of the wallet. But that one also didn't get any connections.
 I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.

I see a potential issue with the anti-x11 feature, we are going to create a very high diff (not as far as blocks flying by) but as far as the diff showing artificially high, and therefore, very diluted subsidies (since we have the high-diff/low subsidy protection in), so if the subsidy drops below 19000 we will need to add more code to the testnet version to fix these two things, but, lets see how it behaves anyway and learn from it in case there are more things.

On the testnet I'm having trouble starting my miners. I've tried to start mining with two miners (low end laptops).

The first miners (sjappie_miner) wallet says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It does say it's in sync, and I'm able to mine (it does show up in the leaderboard from time to time), but with a very low HPS (about 80). I've used this miner before for mining on the testnet.

The second miners (jaapgvk_frotlaptop) wallet also says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It also says 'no block source available'. I've tried manually adding the node 'node.biblepay.org', but it doesn't seem to help.

Similar issue. Works on main but not on test. Debug log isn't giving much, just says "Reindexing block file blk00000.dat..." then silently crashes/exits.

--edit--

Even if it's mining on main, won't any block it finds likely be rejected by the rest of the network not running 1.0.2.1? On older clients, the proof of work algorithm for checking blocks would still be expecting both an X11 hash and a Biblehash that are below the target difficulty, no?

Ive been trying to maintain one codebase up to this point so I know it is a little confusing the way the features are phased in.

On 1021, mining in main is the same as 1020- no changes have been made to the algo in main.  Basically, we would need to test it in testnet, announce the mandatory to prod and give a target block # like say block 6000, and alert ccex of the coming mandatory.  At 6000, it would Then behave like testnet.

Testnet on the other hand has the new anti-x11 feature in it now.  I too have no connections.  Let me take a look at that next.

EDIT: But of course, the non-breaking compatibility features, like the diminishing-kh fix is in immediately.  On both chains.
Activity: 76
is there any coin exchange available for this so i can buy some?

The coin is currently trading at C-CEX. Here is a link:

https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
Activity: 181
is there any coin exchange available for this so i can buy some?
On the testnet I'm having trouble starting my miners. I've tried to start mining with two miners (low end laptops).

The first miners (sjappie_miner) wallet says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It does say it's in sync, and I'm able to mine (it does show up in the leaderboard from time to time), but with a very low HPS (about 80). I've used this miner before for mining on the testnet.

The second miners (jaapgvk_frotlaptop) wallet also says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It also says 'no block source available'. I've tried manually adding the node 'node.biblepay.org', but it doesn't seem to help.

Similar issue. Works on main but not on test. Debug log isn't giving much, just says "Reindexing block file blk00000.dat..." then silently crashes/exits.

--edit--

Even if it's mining on main, won't any block it finds likely be rejected by the rest of the network not running 1.0.2.1? On older clients, the proof of work algorithm for checking blocks would still be expecting both an X11 hash and a Biblehash that are below the target difficulty, no?
1.0.2.1c - Non-Mandatory Release

- For upcoming mandatories rule @1350(testnet)||@7000(Prod), Testnet features: test anti-block-clump retarget rule, slow_block_threshhold = 30 mins rule,
 removing the x11 component from POW, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.
- Fixes for in-wallet pool-miner (fixes diminishing KHS)
- adjustment to getnetworkhasps

** Im releasing it here, lets test it out.  **

If successful, we should mine without x11 in testnet, and prod should have the fix for the diminishing hashps.
Then we can release on the prod side.

EDIT: PS, I think once we merge in the txindex lookup feature, we can lower the mandatory block # by a 1000 or so.  Also, last night I lowered the block # to 1240 in testnet, so the above 1350 is no longer correct.

Very nice!

On the Main Chain, the 'Hashes Per Sec2' seems rocksteady with this update Smiley I've added another miner for comparison, and all three now report a KHS that is consistent.

1.0.2.1c - Non-Mandatory Release

- For upcoming mandatories rule @1350(testnet)||@7000(Prod), Testnet features: test anti-block-clump retarget rule, slow_block_threshhold = 30 mins rule,
 removing the x11 component from POW, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.

** Im releasing it here, lets test it out.  **

If successful, we should mine without x11 in testnet, and prod should have the fix for the diminishing hashps.
Then we can release on the prod side.

EDIT: PS, I think once we merge in the txindex lookup feature, we can lower the mandatory block # by a 1000 or so.  Also, last night I lowered the block # to 1240 in testnet, so the above 1350 is no longer correct.
Just got back in, so I agree primarily with everything you say, and I recall going back to the original miner, I used the x11 hash value as an input for the original biblehash, because it was a reliable strong distinct blockhash; my fear was, with business logic going into the biblehash itself (as we raise the bar), there are conditions where the biblehash could possibly return the same value for two blocks (or worse, a faulty hash if someone was not synced), and I wanted to make sure the blockindex would stay safe.  Otherwise, I would have completely switched out the x11 algo with the biblehash.  Im glad we did, so now we can put some business logic in the PoBH area (like the tithe rule and tx lookups).

Anyway, yes, Im all for removing the x11 from the POW.  

Btw, whoever compiled the latest and is trying to test with me in testnet, please do a get on the 1021c; the version had two required changes and I just checked it in.  

So, now our newest version eliminates x11 from the miner in testnet after block 1350, and keeps x11 for blockindex references, and uses 100% of the PoBh for POW in the miner.

(This way, we wont risk breaking the blockchain storage, txlookups, and all the places that rely on a block->GetHash.  Yet the security is still there because the POW of each block is protected by the biblehash output).

Lets see how this behaves in testnet, the new version is out (for testnet only).  Re-building windows now.

Hmm, I think something's wrong in the latest commit. When you enable mining, biblepay_generate is set to true but hashps is 0 and there's no CPU load. Issue is present for both pool and solo mining.

Hmm, I retested it and it seems to be mining for me in test & prod.  Can u please ensure you have pulled the head (835*) 1021c?  On a side note windows is now compiled.  I will test it and post it only here if it works and then we can test it in testnet with the new anti-x11 feature.

Just got back in, so I agree primarily with everything you say, and I recall going back to the original miner, I used the x11 hash value as an input for the original biblehash, because it was a reliable strong distinct blockhash; my fear was, with business logic going into the biblehash itself (as we raise the bar), there are conditions where the biblehash could possibly return the same value for two blocks (or worse, a faulty hash if someone was not synced), and I wanted to make sure the blockindex would stay safe.  Otherwise, I would have completely switched out the x11 algo with the biblehash.  Im glad we did, so now we can put some business logic in the PoBH area (like the tithe rule and tx lookups).

Btw, whoever compiled the latest and is trying to test with me in testnet, please do a get on the 1021c; the version had two required changes and I just checked it in.  

So, now our newest version eliminates x11 from the miner in testnet after block 1350, and keeps x11 for blockindex references, and uses 100% of the PoBh for POW in the miner.

(This way, we wont risk breaking the blockchain storage, txlookups, and all the places that rely on a block->GetHash.  Yet the security is still there because the POW of each block is protected by the biblehash output).

Lets see how this behaves in testnet, the new version is out (for testnet only).  Re-building windows now.

Hmm, I think something's wrong in the latest commit. When you enable mining, biblepay_generate is set to true but hashps is 0 and there's no CPU load. Issue is present for both pool and solo mining.
I like your idea, about adding the 12th element, the biblehash directly to the x11 algo.  But for now, I have already created a testnet version where we lower the X11 component by 300%.

On a side note, I am potentially setting the mandatory for block 7000, to give time for ccex. (And also, in case we can squeeze in the txindexlookup system in PoBh to raise the bar even further before block 7000 hits).

The testnet version should be ready by block 1350 - but Windows will take the rest of the day to compile. 

In the next testnet version, we lower the x11 difficulty by 300% as of block 1350, thereby putting the onus on PoBh.

Im testing this now; will let you know when linux is ready as Ill need help testing this in testnet.

That's some fast work  Grin

Looking forward to testing this, I'm hoping it'll solve a lot of the issues we've been experiencing.

I was thinking a little more on the possibility of a hybrid GPU miner. Even if all the difficulty was loaded onto the Biblehash algorithm, if the GPU mined a batch of X11 solutions, sent those to the CPU to be processed, then mined the next batch while the CPU was working, it might still provide an advantage?

I'm very interested in seeing some metrics on X11 and Biblehash. If we assume that after the update there's exactly one X11 hash for every Biblehash iteration, and Biblehash requires 1000x as many cycles as X11, you'd get at most a 0.1% performance gain (realistically less, reading back from a GPU is slow). Obviously, in that case there'd be absolutely no point in doing this and you'd be better off CPU mining Biblepay and using your GPU for something else. If, however, the metrics aren't quite that lopsided, it might be a different story.

Of course, it might start begging the question at some point about why include X11 if it contributes so little to overall mining process. I think it still makes sense, though, since it adds a lot of complexity to any attempt at creating a Biblepay GPU or ASIC miner beyond the obstacles posed by Biblehash itself. ASICs especially, since complexity is directly tied to manufacturing cost.

Just got back in, so I agree primarily with everything you say, and I recall going back to the original miner, I used the x11 hash value as an input for the original biblehash, because it was a reliable strong distinct blockhash; my fear was, with business logic going into the biblehash itself (as we raise the bar), there are conditions where the biblehash could possibly return the same value for two blocks (or worse, a faulty hash if someone was not synced), and I wanted to make sure the blockindex would stay safe.  Otherwise, I would have completely switched out the x11 algo with the biblehash.  Im glad we did, so now we can put some business logic in the PoBH area (like the tithe rule and tx lookups).

(This way, we wont risk breaking the blockchain storage, txlookups, and all the places that rely on a block->GetHash.  Yet the security is still there because the POW of each block is protected by the biblehash output).

Lets see how this behaves in testnet, the new version is out (for testnet only).  Re-building windows now.

I like your idea, about adding the 12th element, the biblehash directly to the x11 algo.  But for now, I have already created a testnet version where we lower the X11 component by 300%.

On a side note, I am potentially setting the mandatory for block 7000, to give time for ccex. (And also, in case we can squeeze in the txindexlookup system in PoBh to raise the bar even further before block 7000 hits).

The testnet version should be ready by block 1350 - but Windows will take the rest of the day to compile. 

In the next testnet version, we lower the x11 difficulty by 300% as of block 1350, thereby putting the onus on PoBh.

Im testing this now; will let you know when linux is ready as Ill need help testing this in testnet.

That's some fast work  Grin

Looking forward to testing this, I'm hoping it'll solve a lot of the issues we've been experiencing.

I was thinking a little more on the possibility of a hybrid GPU miner. Even if all the difficulty was loaded onto the Biblehash algorithm, if the GPU mined a batch of X11 solutions, sent those to the CPU to be processed, then mined the next batch while the CPU was working, it might still provide an advantage?

I'm very interested in seeing some metrics on X11 and Biblehash. If we assume that after the update there's exactly one X11 hash for every Biblehash iteration, and Biblehash requires 1000x as many cycles as X11, you'd get at most a 0.1% performance gain (realistically less, reading back from a GPU is slow). Obviously, in that case there'd be absolutely no point in doing this and you'd be better off CPU mining Biblepay and using your GPU for something else. If, however, the metrics aren't quite that lopsided, it might be a different story.

Of course, it might start begging the question at some point about why include X11 if it contributes so little to overall mining process. I think it still makes sense, though, since it adds a lot of complexity to any attempt at creating a Biblepay GPU or ASIC miner beyond the obstacles posed by Biblehash itself. ASICs especially, since complexity is directly tied to manufacturing cost.
hmm Im missing on the leaderboard, on the account page, my HPS shows 0 as well

Whereas just a bit ago, I was on the leaderboard and the  account page showed me at 24k hps

Weird just checked again and now Im back on the leaderboard and my HPS is back on the account page >.>

Yeah, I experience the same thing. I think it has to do with the 'diminishing khashps bug'. My guess is that if it dipps below the '1 reward threshold' you get removed from the leaderboard (and also, the miner won't show up in your account tab). As soon as it's above the threshold, it will show up on the leaderboard again.

But thankfully, this will probably be fixed in 1.0.2.1. Smiley
Ok guys this is just a notice for a testnet release of the next upcoming version 1021:

1.0.2.1 - Non-Mandatory Release

and lowering x11 difficulty by 300%, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.

Note that Windows will take another 6 hours to compile and I will be gone, so that wont be out til tomorrow morning.

In the mean time heres what I need help on:  I cant mine the next block in testnet on my linux rig as we left the diff too high.  So if anyone wants to get the latest from github on linux and jump on testnet it would be appreciated.

What I am trying to test with you guys next is bullet item #1.  At block 1350, we start decreasing the diff of the X11 hash by 300%.  I have a couple new features in there that will show how much % of the onus is on the biblehash as of the new version, Ill explain where that is once we mine a few new blocks.

Tomorrow if this version mines, we can release the windows version and that version allows the pool to work properly (without the diminishing HPS).

Very nice! I don't have a Linux-rig, so I can't help you with mining the next block, but I will update to 1.0.2.1 as soon as the Windows version comes out and start a miner on the testnet again Smiley
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
I went missing on the leaderboard and HPS showed 0, and now its back, weird >.>
Ok guys this is just a notice for a testnet release of the next upcoming version 1021:

1.0.2.1 - Non-Mandatory Release

and lowering x11 difficulty by 300%, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.

Note that Windows will take another 6 hours to compile and I will be gone, so that wont be out til tomorrow morning.

In the mean time heres what I need help on:  I cant mine the next block in testnet on my linux rig as we left the diff too high.  So if anyone wants to get the latest from github on linux and jump on testnet it would be appreciated.

What I am trying to test with you guys next is bullet item #1.  At block 1350, we start decreasing the diff of the X11 hash by 300%.  I have a couple new features in there that will show how much % of the onus is on the biblehash as of the new version, Ill explain where that is once we mine a few new blocks.

Tomorrow if this version mines, we can release the windows version and that version allows the pool to work properly (without the diminishing HPS).

I now want to add: tackle the diff readjustment per algo, and remove the difficulty of the x11, another words, we should put All of the onus on solving the block basing it off of the PoBh difficulty level only.  I believe we can accomplish this by lowering the difficulty of X11 down to miniscule amount, and testing this in testnet.

Sounds like a sensible solution. It'd essentially be like adding a 12th algorithm to X11 and would simplify difficulty retargeting and network hash calculations. That'd also eliminate any risk of a hybrid GPU miner, since the overhead of reading back from the GPU every single iteration would far outweigh just performing a low difficulty X11 on the CPU.

I was looking through the DakGravityWave difficulty readjustment algo, adjusting that to try to balance two difficulties for two hashes would be messy. It'd be highly dependent on metrics on both hashing algos and end up being really fragile if anything changed in either of them. Always best to go simple when possible.

I now want to add: tackle the diff readjustment per algo, and remove the difficulty of the x11, another words, we should put All of the onus on solving the block basing it off of the PoBh difficulty level only.  I believe we can accomplish this by lowering the difficulty of X11 down to miniscule amount, and testing this in testnet.

Sounds like a sensible solution. It'd essentially be like adding a 12th algorithm to X11 and would simplify difficulty retargeting and network hash calculations. That'd also eliminate any risk of a hybrid GPU miner, since the overhead of reading back from the GPU every single iteration would far outweigh just performing a low difficulty X11 on the CPU.

I was looking through the DakGravityWave difficulty readjustment algo, adjusting that to try to balance two difficulties for two hashes would be messy. It'd be highly dependent on metrics on both hashing algos and end up being really fragile if anything changed in either of them. Always best to go simple when possible.
Pages:
Jump to: