Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh) - page 13. (Read 13211 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Block 3174 found by the pool.

Once in a while getmininginfo returns no info on the pool

"poolinfo1": "",
  "poolinfo2": "",
  "poolinfo3": "",

Instead of the normal

"poolinfo1": "B9LeH2D3pxTHcssNhgBqseJekonk1q36w8; ",
  "poolinfo2": "0e4b2c7c-6273-4d48-8165-dd912294ea9d; ",

From the leader board list the pool has around 5MH/s and the inspector reports a network hash of 13MH/s
If i get these numbers right, we can expect to get ~38blocks  in 100. Correct?

Number of miner threads aren't being reported correctly. I have 7 and 2 on my miner.

Where is the post about 'Hashes Per Sec2'?

PS: using v1.0.2.0
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Is there a possibility that a botnet could be gaming the system and e.g. mine in the future so that it finds all the blocks? Someone is finding all the blocks it would just be interesting to know who it is and how they are doing it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
We can probably ask RandomMiner how many blocks per day he normally averages since he is bringing 1.18 MHS to the pool, it will be an interesting comparison.
My findings thusfar.

On testnet:
1. Did a withdrawal. It was instant and without problems.
2. The leaderboard doesn't seem to function.
3. Tiras recieved the entire subsidy on blocks 1241-1241 (thus far) although I'm still mining (and I guess the rest is also still mining).

On mainnet:
1. My 'Hashes Per Sec2' was pretty low for a while on the miner called 'jaapgvk_kamer'. I don't know why. It was hashing away just like my other miner on de pool, and that miner had a 'Hashes Per Sec2' that was about the same as the 'Hases per Sec'. But I don't know enough about poolmining to know if this is normal Smiley

Oh, and the first block was mined it seems!
Thats great we found a block, although Im kind of surprised we didnt find 2 by now.

Anyway on testnet, I think what happened is when I was disconnecting the pool over and over I disconnected you long enough to fall out for more than 10 minutes, and you didnt make it back in by the time JaapG got the 2 blocks as a lone miner.  The leaderboard is now empty because everyone bolted.  I think testnet should be working again, if anyone were to hash against it.

On mainnet, the low hash issue  seems to be a problem if the miner has a lost old pool thread until you reboot the client.  Its probably the workguid being caught in one of the threads for extended period.  If you are running 1020, just reboot the client and continue against the pool and see if the hashes increase to the boxes amount.

Over the next few days Ill see what I can do to make it auto recover threads that do that (on the qt client side).

low hash client issue seems to be resolved.   if we all are mining live against the pool ATM it seems too long for another block to find .  too bad you can't see real time output as in GPU miners.

Good deal.

Lets try letting it run overnight and see how many we get and we can probably do the math on it (as the hashpersec2 will be in the block dist history) - maybe we will get a chunk of 3 or 4 in an hour early in the morning etc.

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
My findings thusfar.

On testnet:
3. Tiras recieved the entire subsidy on blocks 1241-1241 (thus far) although I'm still mining (and I guess the rest is also still mining).

On mainnet:
1. My 'Hashes Per Sec2' was pretty low for a while on the miner called 'jaapgvk_kamer'. I don't know why. It was hashing away just like my other miner on de pool, and that miner had a 'Hashes Per Sec2' that was about the same as the 'Hases per Sec'. But I don't know enough about poolmining to know if this is normal Smiley

Thats great we found a block, although Im kind of surprised we didnt find 2 by now.

Anyway on testnet, I think what happened is when I was disconnecting the pool over and over I disconnected you long enough to fall out for more than 10 minutes, and you didnt make it back in by the time JaapG got the 2 blocks as a lone miner.  The leaderboard is now empty because everyone bolted.  I think testnet should be working again, if anyone were to hash against it.

On mainnet, the low hash issue  seems to be a problem if the miner has a lost old pool thread until you reboot the client.  Its probably the workguid being caught in one of the threads for extended period.  If you are running 1020, just reboot the client and continue against the pool and see if the hashes increase to the boxes amount.

Over the next few days Ill see what I can do to make it auto recover threads that do that (on the qt client side).

low hash client issue seems to be resolved.   if we all are mining live against the pool ATM it seems too long for another block to find .  too bad you can't see real time output as in GPU miners.
My findings thusfar.

On testnet:

On mainnet:

Activity: 714
Merit: 117
I didn't understand at all what the project is about, but the very concept of Proof of Bible is brilliant. Trust me, I'm JesusCryptos!
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
My findings thusfar.

On testnet:

On mainnet:

Its working a little better now, but I believe something else still needs fixed, I have to run an errand.
Lets see if we solve a block against prod.

Be back in an hour.

I wonder if the botnets will join the pool or if they will keep on solo mining.

Mini Update:

50% of the problem is solved, but there is a remaining issue with the web server dropping packets.

Working...

legendary
I wonder if the botnets will join the pool or if they will keep on solo mining.
bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
1) Worker hashrate shows 0 from time to time.
2) On some workers CPU load jumps from low % to higher
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker it too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

I've launched 5 workers a while ago  and still  can't see work info for some of the lower HPS ones.

the pool must be struggling to maintain the load . I can see  in the low power miner    "pool mining"  flipping true/false in "getmininginfo" . 

now it's showing stats for  only 2 out of my 6 running workers in "Workers - main" 
bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker it too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

I've launched 5 workers a while ago  and still  can't see work info for some of the lower HPS ones.

the pool must be struggling to maintain the load . I can see  in the low power miner    "pool mining"  flipping true/false in "getmininginfo" . 
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
no block after 1 h pool...strange or is it normal?
bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.

I guess we have people coming with racks of XEONs
bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
1) Worker hashrate shows 0 on pool dashboard from time to time.
2) On some workers CPU load jumps from low % to higher when I chech real CPU load
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker if too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Guys (and Girls), I just deployed the Prod pool and enabled it for prod testing.
The settings are all the same as testnet, so you should now be able to reboot and start testing against prod.
The payment system is turned on (knock on wood) against the prod server for BBP also.
I see a few miners are already hitting it- if you would, please restart your nodes, as Id like to clear out any old mining threads.

OMG ,  it's happenning...     pool website slowed down   a bit .

when real distribution will start ?

All,

Having some problems on the server side.
Locking issues in the database, and errors in IIS.

Checking into the problem now.

Keep hashing against Prod though, so I can work this out.

Thanks.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Did some testing on a few different worker configurations:

-2 machines, 2 worker IDs, 1 account: 20231.04 HPS average
-2 machines, 2 worker IDs, 2 accounts: 18982.15 HPS average (both accounts combined)
-2 machines, 1 worker ID, 1 account: 11139.25 HPS average

Was only about 20 blocks each. The first two configurations are essentially equal as expected and agree pretty well with the hashps reported from getmininginfo.

The third configuration is reporting low. If I had to guess, it's randomly reporting the HPS of one machine or the other, rather than combining them. I don't know how common the case of someone running all their rigs under a single worker ID would be, but I figure I'd check it out just in case.

Looking pretty solid. I haven't been able to break anything from my end since the update.

Thanks, very good idea.  Yes, on the 3rd config, I believe the pool is stomping on itself, because one thing it does is keeps track of threadids that hit it and request work.  If the same minerguid (workerid) hits the server with the same threadid and asks for new work, it deletes the old work record.  Therefore shortchanging the potential earnings on that share for the miner.  So I think in this case we will have to tell the users to have at least one workerid per machine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Guys (and Girls), I just deployed the Prod pool and enabled it for prod testing.
The settings are all the same as testnet, so you should now be able to reboot and start testing against prod.
The payment system is turned on (knock on wood) against the prod server for BBP also.
I see a few miners are already hitting it- if you would, please restart your nodes, as Id like to clear out any old mining threads.

working for me

{
  "blocks": 3125,
  "currentblocksize": 1000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 0.05424680421054862,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 14,
  "network_khashps": 12406.06353746923,
  "hashps": 111931.682322801,
  "minerstarttime": "08-14-2017 19:11:03",
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "biblepay-generate": true,
  "poolinfo1": "http://pool.biblepay.org",
  "poolinfo2": "f52e68b7-e193-47d9-8045-9a23d10fc285",
  "poolmining": true
}
legendary

What must be changed to mine prod pool instead of testnet pool? Also which version of the wallet is required?

Yes, but the mining info in the wallet says it is pool mining on mainnet but the pool does not display my miner. It does not seem to pick it up.
Pages:
Jump to: