Pages:
Author

Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion - page 7. (Read 28262 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 26, 2010, 04:47:26 PM
I saw both an Ipad and a dell notebook for sale.  I would have bid on them but I don't have enough capital to do so at the moment.  I hope they both go for a fair price.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
September 18, 2010, 05:19:06 PM
looks like biddingpond has gone down. Is there an ETA on it coming back?
Sorry for the downtime. Was a mix up while trying to change registrars. Everything should be working once the DNS information propagates through the servers.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
September 18, 2010, 05:05:50 PM

Not down for me now.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 18, 2010, 09:38:52 AM
Activity: 28
September 06, 2010, 10:08:36 PM

Thank you for reporting the problem. I had been working with the seller to determine the cause. I notified him of who the real winner was. He also very kindly accommodated both buyers on his own. The reason both people received winning mail notifications was they both bid at "the same time".  This error has been corrected and e-mail notifications will get sent out based upon a more accurate time representation.  I will also be crediting the people who were affected by this with 50BTC credits for their trouble. These credits can be used on biddingpond.com or cashed out.  I am on vacation right now and will have your accounts credited by Wednesday.
[/quote]

That is very generous of you. Thanks
September 06, 2010, 02:05:48 PM
I really appreciate the work you are doing on BiddingPond, but I think that the design should be a more major consideration. The way that it looks makes me think more than twice about using the site. Even revamping the logo would make the site look more approachable. I know that you are doing a lot of things at the moment, but you might want to work on making a more neat website design for the future.

Agreed. I really appreciate all the work though.

One thing that might help is to make empty categories invisible to buyers. When you are selling you can put it wherever you want, maybe even make a new category. It just make it look really empty as it is now.

That is a great suggestion. This will definitely be included when the new site design is finished.
September 06, 2010, 02:05:04 PM
I really appreciate the work you are doing on BiddingPond, but I think that the design should be a more major consideration. The way that it looks makes me think more than twice about using the site. Even revamping the logo would make the site look more approachable. I know that you are doing a lot of things at the moment, but you might want to work on making a more neat website design for the future.

Thanks for supporting the site. A new site design is on my todo list.  Right now my main concern is on usability and making life easier and safer(safer than other online auction sites) to buy/sell.  Once that is completed I already have a design that I think will work nicely(to be determined by the users).
September 06, 2010, 02:02:00 PM
I just wanted to report a glitch on Biddingpond.com recently when I bid on an auction, another user and myself both won the same listing, we both received winning bid notifications. Luckily the seller had two of the items that he was willing to sell. If the seller wouldn't have been able to accommodate both of us there could have been a problem.

I very much hope that biddingpond succeeds so I thought I would post this glitch so that you could fix the problem before it happens again.

Thank you for reporting the problem. I had been working with the seller to determine the cause. I notified him of who the real winner was. He also very kindly accommodated both buyers on his own. The reason both people received winning mail notifications was they both bid at "the same time".  This error has been corrected and e-mail notifications will get sent out based upon a more accurate time representation.  I will also be crediting the people who were affected by this with 50BTC credits for their trouble. These credits can be used on biddingpond.com or cashed out.  I am on vacation right now and will have your accounts credited by Wednesday.
Activity: 28
September 05, 2010, 10:35:04 PM
I just wanted to report a glitch on Biddingpond.com recently when I bid on an auction, another user and myself both won the same listing, we both received winning bid notifications. Luckily the seller had two of the items that he was willing to sell. If the seller wouldn't have been able to accommodate both of us there could have been a problem.

I very much hope that biddingpond succeeds so I thought I would post this glitch so that you could fix the problem before it happens again.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
August 31, 2010, 12:50:06 AM

Agreed. I really appreciate all the work though.

One thing that might help is to make empty categories invisible to buyers. When you are selling you can put it wherever you want, maybe even make a new category. It just make it look really empty as it is now.
Activity: 3
August 30, 2010, 09:51:58 PM
August 30, 2010, 01:15:29 AM
I've been trying to use this site, but was stopped when I bid 30 BTC for an auction.  I paid the seller directly, but have been unable to bid or list new auctions since, because the site thinks I owe it money.

The thing is that I was able to create a new account, without any issues, and continuing to sell and buy.

Can you trust a site that won't allow private transactions?  I paid the buyer, who offered me feedback, and yet the site still wants me to pay through some magically unavailable gateway.

I would love to send the admins my comments, but they have no way to contact them on the website...  No e-mails, no phones, no, well, anything.

The moment someone else introduces a marketplace with transparency, and real-world contacts, is the moment I say goodbye to BiddingPond

The site has a safety mechanism that keeps people from having large balances and not paying for items. Currently that limit was lifted from 30BTC(low) to 500BTC(about $90USD).  Private transactions ARE allowed and you do not have to use the payment gateway(which is under construction and should be finished this week).

If your account is still blocked and you paid the seller directly without using the payment gateway you should ask the seller of the item to mark your transaction as paid.  If the seller refuses, leave negative feedback and contact me and I will resolve the issue between both the seller and buyer.   This can be done by going to the Control Panel, Click on the selling tab, Click on Winner Details, and manually setting payment to paid.

Regarding your comments, you did in fact contact me via Private message waited less than 12 hours and opened another account (just so you know this is not allowed but, I did not explicitly state this and the terms of service will be updated). If you would like your account merged please let me know via PM what account name you wish to keep. All your concerns were addressed within a 12 hour period, a reply to your personal message was dispatched, and this forum was updated with the changed information.  I do not see a problem.  If for some reason you would like situations handled another way please feel free to PM me and I will try to implement your suggestion.  Yes, the site without the payment gateway causes it not to be as automated as one would expect it to be. I do encourage feedback and am working on all suggestions that are given to me.

I thank you for your continued use of the site and like I stated earlier the payment gateway should be done this week.  You will notice that the process will be highly stream lined after it is fully implemented.

Activity: 7
August 29, 2010, 10:17:06 PM
I've been trying to use this site, but was stopped when I bid 30 BTC for an auction.  I paid the seller directly, but have been unable to bid or list new auctions since, because the site thinks I owe it money.

The thing is that I was able to create a new account, without any issues, and continuing to sell and buy.

Can you trust a site that won't allow private transactions?  I paid the buyer, who offered me feedback, and yet the site still wants me to pay through some magically unavailable gateway.

I would love to send the admins my comments, but they have no way to contact them on the website...  No e-mails, no phones, no, well, anything.

The moment someone else introduces a marketplace with transparency, and real-world contacts, is the moment I say goodbye to BiddingPond
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
August 29, 2010, 09:56:47 PM
I wonder what the ratio is of sold auctions to unsold. Nothing I've put up has gotten any interest yet.

Live Auctions   26   
Closed Auctions   42

I'm working on automating the rest of the stats and putting up an info page for those who are interested.

Please consider making the info available in manner easy for other computers to parse (JSON, XML, CSV, ...)

August 29, 2010, 09:44:57 PM
To everyone regarding account payments:
Once you get a balance of -500BTC the account will be put on hold from further listings until payment is received. A manual system for payment is currently sending payment to:

127U2BTVQ23td2Fh5dnmdAo6HTXQ3qbNcP

and PMing me With the amount you sent and the current block number at time of payment. The automated payment system for auctions as well as site balances will be done this week.  You will be able to pay each other as well as a simple escrow service (verification of delivery).
August 29, 2010, 09:41:32 PM
I wonder what the ratio is of sold auctions to unsold. Nothing I've put up has gotten any interest yet.

Live Auctions   26   
Closed Auctions   42

I'm working on automating the rest of the stats and putting up an info page for those who are interested.
August 29, 2010, 09:39:44 PM
You know what would really help me as a buyer? If I could filter out all the 'Ships from USA, no international' auctions. I see stuff I like at a price I'd pay, only to find seller will not send to me.

Is that possible? Just Europe / USA / Everywhere else would be good enough (for me).

I will add that to the TODO list.
Activity: 9
August 29, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
August 25, 2010, 02:43:04 PM
You know what would really help me as a buyer? If I could filter out all the 'Ships from USA, no international' auctions. I see stuff I like at a price I'd pay, only to find seller will not send to me.

Is that possible? Just Europe / USA / Everywhere else would be good enough (for me).
August 23, 2010, 11:27:01 AM
Terms and conditions have been updated for more clarity:

Website Usage Terms & Conditions

Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy policy govern BiddingPond.com’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term ‘BiddingPond.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 600 Pease Lane West Islip, NY 11795. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms of use:
 The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website with the intent to bypass the "Main Page" or other documents without BiddingPond.com’s prior written consent. For purposes of this paragraph "Main Page" refers to any page and/or document that is intended to be viewed as a whole.*
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States, State of New York.

*Yes, full permission is given to link to individual auctions for legitimate purposes. I am a fond believer of if the users do the right thing, there is nothing to worry about. The terms of service are not meant to impede legitimate fair use of links and information on this site. These terms of use are here to notify illegitimate users that bandwidth theft(image hot linking) and other nefarious access is not allowed.

Pages:
Jump to: