Pages:
Author

Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion - page 9. (Read 28261 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 2
August 03, 2010, 10:03:19 PM
I had an idea for the logo...not that the frog is bad, but as a rule I wouldn't include your competitions logo in your own...or a parody of it Smiley

--
EDIT: added a couple more options...there are lots of them...you get the idea

Activity: 429
Merit: 919
July 29, 2010, 06:24:11 PM
If you want to upgrade the BiddingPond.com logo, you can give http://cooltext.com/ a try.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
July 29, 2010, 11:59:04 AM
Yes,
I first want to get my escrow service running so people feel safer trading on biddingpond.com with pricier items. Thank you for the idea! I'll add it to my list!
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
July 28, 2010, 07:48:27 PM
Is it possible to link shipping option to the exchange rate of bitcoins?
July 28, 2010, 12:27:11 PM
I decided to auction off an ad for Bitcoin Market.

Thank You for your support!
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 26, 2010, 06:32:26 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

Stop by and lets trade some items :-D!

I bid 1.00BTC on the 50 dinar note. It says the current bid is still 0.00. It also says my bid is 0.00. When I try to rebid 1.00 it says " You are the winning bidder and cannot place a bid lower than your previous maximum bid."

I don't know if this seller made a mistake, or not. But it seems possible that he's going to send me this note for 1BTC and not charge shipping to Hawaii. I don't know if he meant that, is it possibly a site error?

Hello,
It does not seem like it is an error as he has free shipping listed in the item Title. Sellers are free to list the items at whatever price they want. There is also a rating system on the site so we can eventually trust sellers with good ratings and not trust those with bad. I'm also working on an escrow module for the site so that larger transactions can be traded safely. I want to automate the process but might set up a manual process for the time being. I also just started a topic BiddingPond.com Discussion in the market place so we don't fill this thread up with questions about the site. The link is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/biddingpondcom-discussion-574.

50 dinar is worth about 4 cents, so less than a bitcoin currently.  Admittedly the shipping is going to be more than that.
Activity: 202
Merit: 109
GCC - Global cryptocurrency
July 26, 2010, 05:20:45 PM
I decided to auction off an ad for Bitcoin Market.
July 26, 2010, 05:10:39 PM
I plan to make money by either banner advertisements and/or by charging a listing fee for the extra features.

Currently it's free to list all items.

Extras cost:
Home Page Featured Fee: 5.00 BTC   
Bold Item Fee: 2.00 BTC   
Highlighted Item Fee: 1.00 BTC   
Reserve Price Fee: 5.00 BTC
Images Upload Fee: 1.00 BTC   (Currently being worked on. Can post pictures of images hosted offsite for free.)
Buy Now Fee: 2 BTC

Every new account receives a 5 BTC credit. Each account can have a balance of up to -25.00 BTC before requiring payment on the site. Prices will adjust as Bitcoin deflation increases. Listing items as far as I can see into the future will be free and should stay that way as long as the site pays for itself.  

The bitcoin address to send payment to is:
1DQM9psE9x1V962Qt9rTEhXgxHpMAFcM8w

I will have all this posted on the site before the week ends. I'm also working on a different site design and hope to replace that with its current rendition.

I'm looking to even do a logo contest and offer BTC as prizes. Anyone have a reasonable idea on how many BTC I should offer as a prize? I was thinking 500 for first?
legendary
Activity: 980
July 26, 2010, 03:35:47 PM
How do you plan to make money?
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
July 26, 2010, 03:09:15 PM
"It\'s better in the pond"?

It's also better to escape characters properly...
July 26, 2010, 12:16:43 PM
Issue fixed. I'm watching all current/new auctions closely.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Strength in numbers
July 26, 2010, 10:25:16 AM
I bid 1.00BTC on the 50 dinar note. It says the current bid is still 0.00. It also says my bid is 0.00. When I try to rebid 1.00 it says " You are the winning bidder and cannot place a bid lower than your previous maximum bid."
July 26, 2010, 09:57:59 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

I don't know if this seller made a mistake, or not. But it seems possible that he's going to send me this note for 1BTC and not charge shipping to Hawaii. I don't know if he meant that, is it possibly a site error?

Hello,
It does not seem like it is an error as he has free shipping listed in the item Title. Sellers are free to list the items at whatever price they want. There is also a rating system on the site so we can eventually trust sellers with good ratings and not trust those with bad. I'm also working on an escrow module for the site so that larger transactions can be traded safely. I want to automate the process but might set up a manual process for the time being. I also just started a topic BiddingPond.com Discussion in the market place so we don't fill this thread up with questions about the site. The link is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/biddingpondcom-discussion-574.
July 26, 2010, 09:55:22 AM
This thread is for discussions about BiddingPond.com. Please post any concerns, questions, comments or suggestions here and I will answer them as quickly as possible.

I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com.  Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Strength in numbers
July 26, 2010, 07:12:38 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

Pages:
Jump to: