Pages:
Author

Topic: Big money moving in next year, means greater demand for DEX projects? - page 5. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
we are already in Q2 2020, and no Big Money has yet arrived,
and no DEX project has gone up to All Time High, maybe not this year, still seeing  Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
Which DEX platforms do you guys prefer? I've really considered investing in some of these, as I love passive income more than anything, and see huge potential in this market.  Cheesy

Blocknet as mentioned by the OP is a good one despite the volume. Their Litewallet is ready real soon, which will be a game changer and make the whole DEX experience much more convenient for everyone. The whole community behind Blocknet seems to be excited about this.

There are tons of DEX's out there, but do your own research, as some of them isn't truly decentralized. Nash is one of them, which enforces KYC and GEO-blocks users. Binance DEX is another one, which isn't truly decentralized either, as all the nodes verifying transactions on their network is owned and controlled by Binance themselves.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
Which DEX platforms do you guys prefer? I've really considered investing in some of these, as I love passive income more than anything, and see huge potential in this market.  Cheesy
Activity: 97
Merit: 0

There is dex that is now easy to navigate just as bisq network, DEX today are somehow just as how CEX works. Developers will always find a way to make things easy and we are finally seeing more dex that are convenient to use. I promote the vitex.net because I'm a staker of their native coin. The volume of this dex is increasing as well.
Not that much when it comes to liquidity thing yet its comparable than to those CEX. Decentralization is good but those CEX platforms is
much more preferable by most people due to some features which is absent or doesnt exist on DEX ones thats why people do still
patronize on using in spite of its centralization but because they can trade out fiat pairs then they dont care that much.
This thread might be old but this shows that theres no much changes in terms of demand or usage.

CEX's is only mostly used because you can trade on Binance still without undergoing KYC.
Look at the volume of Bittrex who enforced KYC before you can even open an account and trade. It's been plummeting down, everyone moved to Binance. If Binance is enforced to do the same over night, I predict volume on DEX will 10x or more over night.

The total volume on Blocknet has 10x'd the past year, there's a reason for that. Everyone is sick and tired of all this regulation BS:

Exactly the regulations are the most terrifying in crypto and today could get worse because the governments when the government tries to crack us down, wouldn't be easy to hide your properties because blockchain will not hide you from them. It won't be long that dex will have volume as well. Blocknet is just one that will be ready for it.

If Binance restricts people from withdrawing without mandatory KYC, shit's about to get real. As long as people can trade and withdraw without restrictions the incentive to use a DEX is small (right now...) due to volume and liquidity.

With all the major players like Bittrex and Coinbase demanding KYC no matter how little you withdraw, it wouldn't surprise me if Binance did the same eventually, which will likely boost the volume of DEX's enormously.
Activity: 352
Merit: 3

There is dex that is now easy to navigate just as bisq network, DEX today are somehow just as how CEX works. Developers will always find a way to make things easy and we are finally seeing more dex that are convenient to use. I promote the vitex.net because I'm a staker of their native coin. The volume of this dex is increasing as well.
Not that much when it comes to liquidity thing yet its comparable than to those CEX. Decentralization is good but those CEX platforms is
much more preferable by most people due to some features which is absent or doesnt exist on DEX ones thats why people do still
patronize on using in spite of its centralization but because they can trade out fiat pairs then they dont care that much.
This thread might be old but this shows that theres no much changes in terms of demand or usage.

CEX's is only mostly used because you can trade on Binance still without undergoing KYC.
Look at the volume of Bittrex who enforced KYC before you can even open an account and trade. It's been plummeting down, everyone moved to Binance. If Binance is enforced to do the same over night, I predict volume on DEX will 10x or more over night.

The total volume on Blocknet has 10x'd the past year, there's a reason for that. Everyone is sick and tired of all this regulation BS:

Exactly the regulations are the most terrifying in crypto and today could get worse because the governments when the government tries to crack us down, wouldn't be easy to hide your properties because blockchain will not hide you from them. It won't be long that dex will have volume as well. Blocknet is just one that will be ready for it.

True shit. I've been in the game since 2014, and never seen as much regulation as right now. On some exchanges you can't even deposit before you've set up KYC and verifications, which is utter BS.

DEX's will give us that freedom back, I know it means we wont have access to FIAT (at least on a TRUE DEX), but making use of stable coins to play the market is pretty easy as well. I use it to scalp BTC profits from time to time. I'm sitting in stable coins right now, as I don't think we've crashed enough yet up to the halving. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

Activity: 122

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140

legendary
Merit: 1041

Activity: 196
Merit: 6
I don't think that there will be more DEX next year,  aside from the non kyc DEX is known for that makes people use it I don't think DEX has another unique features,  there will be more people into cryto next year and I believe that they will wanna use an exchange that is easy to navigate,  thereby making people to opt in for CEX,  then the demand to use DEX exchanges will be low,  on a good day you won't wanna invest in a project that has low demands

DEX's saw volume above $210 million just last week, so low demand? I don't think so buddy.  Roll Eyes

And you know what? Volume is increasing as DEX's becomes easier and easier to navigate. Look around you, and see all the discussions about decentralization, everyone wants it. The only complaints I've seen in regards to DEX's is low liquidity, but hey.. You gotta start somewhere. I believe you'll be surprised in a few years, when MILLIONS of people starts trading on these DEX's and you probably lost the opportunity of a life time to take parts in those fees associated with DEX's.

That's why investing in projects like Blocknet is a clever idea as of right now. It's a literal goldmine, right in front of you.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
I don't think that there will be more DEX next year,  aside from the non kyc DEX is known for that makes people use it I don't think DEX has another unique features,  there will be more people into cryto next year and I believe that they will wanna use an exchange that is easy to navigate,  thereby making people to opt in for CEX,  then the demand to use DEX exchanges will be low,  on a good day you won't wanna invest in a project that has low demands
one way or another, despite the poor perception of cryptocurrency users of KYC requirements, many new projects that have prospects in the future will be forced to fulfill the requirements of governments.  Based on this, KYC will be mandatory and DEX projects, as you said, in any case I will lose relevance.
any company for legal work in a particular country will have to obey any requirements of the law and government of a particular country.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
indeed this is the world of commerce, where the owners of large capital and have a lot of money can make large investments while facing this halving day. because all they have in mind is just the right way to invest in order to get huge returns. and I think it's a natural thing, because those who have money ...
Activity: 122
I think Dex use could increase next year. Because centralized exchanges are forcing people to do kyc. Which is embarrassing to many traders. In my opinion centralized exchange is taking crypto in another direction which is not the real purpose of crypto. Because if all your information has to be given to someone else then how is it decentralized. And for this reason I think the use of dex can increase tremendously next year or near future. But we have to wait for it.

DEX's had an overall volume exceeding $210 million just last week. Volume is increasing - Blocknet's volume has 10x'd the past year, and is likely to continue this trend.

Nobody likes KYC, and if DEX's get any decent volume, CEX's will lose the battle. Trust me.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
There are enough DEX as it is right now and the only ones that gets to be really successful is the ones that have high volume of trade, When there are actual interaction of buying and selling then obviously there will be demands So i think some DEX just need better marketing rather than bull run
The dex is not only need the a better marketing but it must try to improve the capability to provide the same features as centralized exchange site. There are so many decentralized exchange sites were only selling gimmick to the users.
The problem is there are so many DEXs were not real dex and these are using the name of dex only to get the hype.

Nash, Binance, Waves, and a few others does this. It's confusing a lot of people, and is very damaging to the crypto community. As OP has mentioned, Blocknet is one of the only few true DEX's around, hopefully we'll see more though, as competition is always good, as it improves the market and expands the market.
Merit: 505
There are enough DEX as it is right now and the only ones that gets to be really successful is the ones that have high volume of trade, When there are actual interaction of buying and selling then obviously there will be demands So i think some DEX just need better marketing rather than bull run
The dex is not only need the a better marketing but it must try to improve the capability to provide the same features as centralized exchange site. There are so many decentralized exchange sites were only selling gimmick to the users.
The problem is there are so many DEXs were not real dex and these are using the name of dex only to get the hype.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
Activity: 352
Merit: 3
I think Dex use could increase next year. Because centralized exchanges are forcing people to do kyc. Which is embarrassing to many traders. In my opinion centralized exchange is taking crypto in another direction which is not the real purpose of crypto. Because if all your information has to be given to someone else then how is it decentralized. And for this reason I think the use of dex can increase tremendously next year or near future. But we have to wait for it.

Amazing that my thread is still alive, haha. I guess people actually do speculate (like you) in upcoming tightened KYC rules. If Binance changes their 2 BTC withdrawal limit to 0 overnight like Bittrex did, then I'm sure a ton of traders will start looking into DEX's. As long as there's decent exchanges you can trade on without KYC, then people see no reason to move (yet) to DEX's.

Been trading on the Blocknet DEX for months now, and I have to say, it works pretty well, despite the low volume. I usually just setup a buy/sell order, and it triggers eventually, so I'm pretty happy about that!
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Undoubtedly, since cryptocurrency is not yet recognized worldwide by all states and there is no specific regulatory process regarding the cryptocurrency market, the demand for cryptocurrency exchanges DEX among cryptocurrency users is really very high.  Today, quite a lot of cryptocurrency users have a negative attitude towards verification, as they always want to remain anonymous.  But if the government recognizes cryptocurrency as a means of payment, as a digital asset for investments, then the time will definitely come when KYC standards will be binding on everyone.  Then it seems to me that the Dex exchange will lose its relevance.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Undoubtedly, since cryptocurrency is not yet recognized worldwide by all states and there is no specific regulatory process regarding the cryptocurrency market, the demand for cryptocurrency exchanges DEX among cryptocurrency users is really very high.  Today, quite a lot of cryptocurrency users have a negative attitude towards verification, as they always want to remain anonymous.  But if the government recognizes cryptocurrency as a means of payment, as a digital asset for investments, then the time will definitely come when KYC standards will be binding on everyone.  Then it seems to me that the Dex exchange will lose its relevance.
Pages:
Jump to: