Pages:
Author

Topic: Big money moving in next year, means greater demand for DEX projects? - page 8. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 251
im sure that in the next or several years, big money will enter this cryptocurrency market. the market is too oversold and should improve to be alive

but, i doubt that it means greater demand for DEX projects. DEX gets small attention from investor. you can see from trading volume is so low

DEX needs more time to be good, but i think it wouldnt in the near future
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
So I'm pretty convinced that we'll see a mega bull run next year due to the BTC halving. There's probably a LOT of wealthy people looking to invest, if the price starts to skyrocket again, but as we've seen in the past, these people are all about privacy.
Remember the Panama leakage a few years back? https://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-35944255/page/2

Wealthy people is likely to hide a ton of money in crypto, and while you could argue that most of them would hold privacy coins like XMR, there's also a fear that these will be illegal, and delisted/removed from centralized exchanges eventually.

This got me thinking, that perhaps decentralized exchanges where nobody can follow your trading history will get HUGE demand.
So perhaps it's not a bad idea to look into projects like Blocknet for the next bull run? If these DEX's takes off, the coin itself will be highly sought after.

Thoughts?

Blocknet for sure, or maybe Bisq Smiley 
this is a popular topic these last few weeks, "dexs", but honestly, true dex's are not ready for that kind of big volume imo
centralized exchanges that operate outside of big governments are what we need tho, im watching for some kind of side chain solution to form
"dex" is just a hype term really, sometimes centralized exchanges can have many benefits
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
Why so many people hyping Blocknet? I just saw one already. I don't know if will people will look for DEX like Blocknet because the tendency of crackdown can be happen anytime. DEX don't have usd pairs unlike centralized exchange. If they are able to do that then I'll go for DEX. DEX only offer trading only and doesn't offer any kind of financial services.
I agree, The government are chasing after money laundering in crypto this puts the dex in a bad position since they would be a target for criminals to launder the money. I dont see big investors will go to they would even have a problem with liquidity if they go to decentralized exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Based on what I have seen so far, there are no real fundamentals to back any project aiming to build a decentralized exchange, simply because of the fact that the demand isn't there.

I get it that people like the idea behind decentralized exchanges, but we're not even remotely close to a point where they are convenient and liquid enough to make people leave centralized exchanges.

In order for people to make that switch, decentralized exchanges need to be exponentially better than the centralized options in this space, which they clearly aren't and probably won't be for another 5-10 years.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
How long that DEX you've mentioned has been operating? if it's still new, I doubt it that many will easily put their trust into it. Why use some unknown DEX if there are already existing and reputed ones to use and start trading?

What is the correlation between DEX and bullrun?
Base on the explanation he made, the halving can trigger the bull run which will encourage more investors to come. And once they are already here, many of them will consider the importance of their anonymity and that's why he correlated DEX to bull run.
Activity: 560
Merit: 269
Why so many people hyping Blocknet? I just saw one already. I don't know if will people will look for DEX like Blocknet because the tendency of crackdown can be happen anytime. DEX don't have usd pairs unlike centralized exchange. If they are able to do that then I'll go for DEX. DEX only offer trading only and doesn't offer any kind of financial services.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
Futurov
yes, i also believe if big money will going to this industry next year,
and maybe dex will affected,
i hope we can see a lot of people smile, because over 2 years of waiting
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
What is the correlation between DEX and bullrun?

If the problem is tax like what mentioned in the news, I personally would prefer to pay tax and get a good services than to use decentralized with lack of convenient services just to avoid tax.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
So I'm pretty convinced that we'll see a mega bull run next year due to the BTC halving. There's probably a LOT of wealthy people looking to invest, if the price starts to skyrocket again, but as we've seen in the past, these people are all about privacy.
Remember the Panama leakage a few years back? https://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-35944255/page/2

Wealthy people is likely to hide a ton of money in crypto, and while you could argue that most of them would hold privacy coins like XMR, there's also a fear that these will be illegal, and delisted/removed from centralized exchanges eventually.

This got me thinking, that perhaps decentralized exchanges where nobody can follow your trading history will get HUGE demand.
So perhaps it's not a bad idea to look into projects like Blocknet for the next bull run? If these DEX's takes off, the coin itself will be highly sought after.

Thoughts?
This actually isn't that good of an idea. To be very true DEX really suck at times. Currently most of them have fake trading volumes created with the help of bots. The order books are filled with such bots. Moreover there is no chance in the world that Big money are moving onto such DEX without a bit of volume already present. Generally these whales are in direct contact with major exchanges who are always ready for such trading to take place on their exchange because all they care about is more trading fees. I think there was a huge buzz about DEX and people even thought that there could possibly be a complete era of DEX but unfortunately I can't see any other DEX than Bitmex performing actively.
Activity: 352
Merit: 3

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: