Pages:
Author

Topic: Biggest winner during COVID? - page 2. (Read 5146 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
September 03, 2020, 08:12:39 AM
Yes, I agree that China is the biggest winner. Just adding to what is alreadt said, not all of their provinces were locked down completely in the comparison to Europian countries where the citizens and businesses had to stop for 1.5 months!

Really?

Have you checked the market cap of the American corporations recently?

On April 1st, the market capitalization of Apple Inc was measured at $1.03 trillion. The current figure is $2.25 trillion, which represents an increase of 118%. Do you want to say that Apple is a Chinese company?

Similarly, Microsoft went from $1.15 trillion to $1.75 trillion during the same period (+52%). Google increased by 56% (from $0.75 trillion to $1.17 trillion). Amazon outperformed all of them, by going up by 85% ($0.96 trillion to $1.77 trillion). Facebook is yet to reach the trillion level, but it also went up by 90% ($454 billion to $862 billion). American investors are awash with money. And you are claiming that the Chinese are winning? 
Activity: 672
Merit: 109
September 02, 2020, 12:55:54 PM
Yes, I agree that China is the biggest winner. Just adding to what is alreadt said, not all of their provinces were locked down completely in the comparison to Europian countries where the citizens and businesses had to stop for 1.5 months!
Activity: 172
Merit: 1
August 31, 2020, 09:34:54 AM
Medical sector is the more that cannot regret this pandemic as they made a lot of fortune in services and sales of pharmaceutical.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 31, 2020, 08:03:13 AM
I think the biggest victories in the pandemic are the technology companies of the United States. I cannot imagine that when people are unemployed, Tesla, Apple, Facebook, Amazone have such a terrible increase in stock value.
Medical supplies companies and health treatment centers in the United States are doing very well, and that's just too ridiculous. They should only reduce prices and should only make little profit because of the large volume they sell. European and Asian countries do not make money on the suffering of others they have sought to let people get the best health services and at cheaper costs.

Since technology is quite advanced nowadays, people are able to work from home. This prevented millions of infections, and probably tens of thousands of deaths. I am working from home for the last 6 months, and it has been beneficial for me in a number of ways. I am able to cut down on my expenses (commute, snacks, parties.etc) and at the same time I am able to devote more time for work. For the technology sector, the impact is quite positive.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
August 31, 2020, 04:15:29 AM
It is weird that the UK appear to be trying to sell 2 bullion doses of the vaccine already (at least they have contracts to produce that amount from part public and part private schemes)

It isn't weird if you realise the the Eton/Oxford elite control the UK ( and most other Western countries), and they have been systematically raiding the UK, and the EU to fund their Anglophone empire. Boris Johnson has an Eton/Oxford/banking background, as have most of out MPs Civil servants, and lawyers.
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
August 31, 2020, 04:06:17 AM
I think the biggest victories in the pandemic are the technology companies of the United States. I cannot imagine that when people are unemployed, Tesla, Apple, Facebook, Amazone have such a terrible increase in stock value.
Medical supplies companies and health treatment centers in the United States are doing very well, and that's just too ridiculous. They should only reduce prices and should only make little profit because of the large volume they sell. European and Asian countries do not make money on the suffering of others they have sought to let people get the best health services and at cheaper costs.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
August 30, 2020, 06:42:46 PM
We are aware that most of the countries economy has gone for a toss and many are at the brink of collapse but who has been the biggest winner of this pandemic? is it corporate medical industry who are charging abnormous fee for treatment or else a particular regime who is silently buying stakes of major groups at lower price during this situation? Do you think this was a man-made virus to destabilize the world's economy and buy huge shares so that a vaccinations can be rolled out once the enough damage is made ?

I do not believe that the corporate medical industry are the biggest winner of this pandemic. A lot of health line workers died due to the corona virus, I'd say the medical industry has the greatest loss.
I also do not believe that the virus was intentionally created to destabilize the world's economy so that a few persons can rake in all the money from vaccines. At least, they were not immunes from the virus and could have easily contracted it.
I think the biggest winners are in the e-commerce industry. Due to the lockdown and stay-at-home, a larger percentage of people had to resort online shopping.
A clear evidence of this is net worth of Jeff Bezos, the CEO if Amazon. His wealth was almost doubled during this pandemic alone. He is now the first person to worth $200 billion.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 30, 2020, 05:39:32 PM
The biggest winner during COVID-19 is health services and e-commerce based platform. In this predicament, people are cognizant of their health so hospitals are amassing much and online marketing is being prominent day by day because of the lockdown situations. So I assume these two types of services are the winner.
IT infrastructure and businesses were also a winner but let's look into the e-commerce. The e-commerce giant, Amazon has doubled its profit during the pandemic.
And this is just recent, look what happened to Jeff Bezos.
Jeff Bezos Becomes The First Person Ever Worth $200 Billion
Jeff Bezos is now worth a whopping $200 billion
Yeah e-commerce had been mentioned aside from health services which its no surprise that its included in the list for those industries that are raking profits now due to this pandemic situation.We are embracing the new normal which would really need up some major changes and its normal for these industries to be on high demand.So whats the issue if they are gaining revenues now and the rest are kissing to the floor or had already
closed its doors and file bankruptcy.This had always been the normal outcome of a business neither you do succeed or fail and of course current condition will really be a big or great factor on that.
On health field its understandable but to know that those people working on that field has double risk on their own health.
I don't think that wearing mask is a major change or even wearing face shields. As for bringing alcohol all the time, I have it on my bag even before the pandemic happens. But you are actually right about the risk that the health workers are facing. They should be given priority and consideration even the simplest form that they will appreciate. And for the industries who have remained operating and survived during this pandemic, they are one of the luckiest industries to remain on its form.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 30, 2020, 05:25:06 PM
And still, even though we have the technology right now, the virus is still deadly. We've been in this pandemic for months now and we are still struggling and we don't know still about these vaccine whether they are ready or not, all we know is that they are still not done. Yeah, we have the upperhand having the information and the technology and all, but still, why are we even at 24 million, right? That should be lower.

Your points are accurate, but just imagine what would have happened, had this pandemic occurred a few decades earlier.

Yeah, that is what Im actually emphasizing in my statement. These two pandemics are really dangerous to us humans, that we should not even compare these two since they are the same, virus that killed millions of people that might be helpful in making a country prosper. As people are struggling to earn money, there are those that swim in sea of their riches.
August 30, 2020, 08:41:16 AM
And still, even though we have the technology right now, the virus is still deadly. We've been in this pandemic for months now and we are still struggling and we don't know still about these vaccine whether they are ready or not, all we know is that they are still not done. Yeah, we have the upperhand having the information and the technology and all, but still, why are we even at 24 million, right? That should be lower.

Your points are accurate, but just imagine what would have happened, had this pandemic occurred a few decades earlier. The crude fatality rate for COVID 19 is around 0.1% to 0.2% (after taking in to account the underestimation of cases). A few decades back, this would be easily in the range of 2%-3% at least. And another point to note here is that the majority of the casualties are from the elderly group (>70 yrs). And back in 1918, the average life expectancy was 39 years in the United States.
copper member
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
August 29, 2020, 10:24:45 PM
Biggest Winning pharmacy companies taking centre stage in the Covid-19 fight such as Gilead and EliLilly are seeing positive growth on the stock market and a new burst of innovation in the infectious disease landscape as the race for treatment approval for a Covid-19 therapy takes off.But what impact are pharmaceutical companies having in a time of strong clinical need.AstraZeneca (az)  expects to see a drop in revenue due to China current economic position.China has been seen as an area of strong growth for az making it more susceptible to a revenue downturn compared to other Big Pharma.The outbreak will therefore hinder this growth and even more so as it begins to halt economies in other regions of the world such as Europe and the us areas where  az makes other large fractions of its total revenue.But in face of this potential hit az has announced a donation of nine million face masks to various countries facing hard struggles with the virus and has ramped up trials on diagnostic testing.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 29, 2020, 10:24:05 PM
everyone will not die, even a greater pandemic in the previous year has occurred and an estimate of infecting 1/3 of the total population of the world and causing the death of 50 million people.while corona has only 24 million cases so far, and a temporary victim of 800 people, we don't know what will happen next but for sure they will think of a way to get out of here.

24 million, you think that is small? If you didn't know, The Flu pandemic that killed 50 million has three waves while Covid-19 is only in its 1st wave going to the 2nd wave and we are now seeing 20+ millions of death. Just imagine if 2 more waves will happen, so please don't underestimate this virus. We need to trust the ones that knows how to stop the contamination, as an individual, the best we can do is to follow them. If we all can do that, we are not just the biggest winners, the country will too.

Spanish flu managed to kill so many people, because the medical technology was not advanced back then. If I am not wrong, at that time not a single vaccine existed against the viruses. Also, there was inadequate information available regarding the pandemic, and as a result the governments were very late in quarantining and isolating infected foreign visitors. Back then, the fatality rate was around 10%. For COVID 19, the same is less than 1%.

agree, that until now people still underestimate that this virus is not deadly for those with high immunity, especially for those who are young, even though it has been seen that this virus is not only deadly for those who already have congenital illnesses but is exposed to medical personnel who are still aged young.
so I am not sure that this virus is not harmful to anyone under any circumstances. I don't agree with people saying such things as trivializing things like this.

What I am afraid of is because this virus is not visible and has an impact on those affected, if those affected do not feel and do not take care of themselves, it is not impossible that it will hit many people around them. and nowadays people don't really care about this kind of thing. pathetic .....
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 29, 2020, 06:57:00 PM
everyone will not die, even a greater pandemic in the previous year has occurred and an estimate of infecting 1/3 of the total population of the world and causing the death of 50 million people.while corona has only 24 million cases so far, and a temporary victim of 800 people, we don't know what will happen next but for sure they will think of a way to get out of here.

24 million, you think that is small? If you didn't know, The Flu pandemic that killed 50 million has three waves while Covid-19 is only in its 1st wave going to the 2nd wave and we are now seeing 20+ millions of death. Just imagine if 2 more waves will happen, so please don't underestimate this virus. We need to trust the ones that knows how to stop the contamination, as an individual, the best we can do is to follow them. If we all can do that, we are not just the biggest winners, the country will too.

Spanish flu managed to kill so many people, because the medical technology was not advanced back then. If I am not wrong, at that time not a single vaccine existed against the viruses. Also, there was inadequate information available regarding the pandemic, and as a result the governments were very late in quarantining and isolating infected foreign visitors. Back then, the fatality rate was around 10%. For COVID 19, the same is less than 1%.

Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
"CoinPoker.com"
August 29, 2020, 06:55:00 PM
The biggest winner during COVID-19 is health services and e-commerce based platform. In this predicament, people are cognizant of their health so hospitals are amassing much and online marketing is being prominent day by day because of the lockdown situations. So I assume these two types of services are the winner.
IT infrastructure and businesses were also a winner but let's look into the e-commerce. The e-commerce giant, Amazon has doubled its profit during the pandemic.
Yeah e-commerce had been mentioned aside from health services which its no surprise that its included in the list for those industries that are raking profits now due to this pandemic situation.We are embracing the new normal which would really need up some major changes and its normal for these industries to be on high demand.So whats the issue if they are gaining revenues now and the rest are kissing to the floor or had already
closed its doors and file bankruptcy.This had always been the normal outcome of a business neither you do succeed or fail and of course current condition will really be a big or great factor on that.
On health field its understandable but to know that those people working on that field has double risk on their own health.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 29, 2020, 04:47:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
August 29, 2020, 09:45:17 AM
China is a dictatorship and it was easier for them to impose lockdowns and other curbs. This was not the case with democratic countries such as the United States and India. The people refused to stay at home and this made it difficult for the government to bring down the number of new cases. Even now, there are a lot of people who just refuse to wear masks and follow social distancing.

So can we agree that the formula for stemming a pandemic in a country is: experience + leadership + management + technology. New Zealand succeeded by imitating what China, Taiwan and Vietnam did. Meanwhile, America, India, and many countries want to innovate and experiment for something they have never faced. Experience vs Knowledge, experience wins.

China's version of the lockdown is different from other countries. When lockdown in China, public transport cars are not allowed to operate, soldiers guarding the mouths of the alleyways, people must download the application "health is a treasure" which shows the health status of a person who determines their mobility permit. It is better to sacrifice the economy for 1 month but the pandemic is unstoppable than a gray policy resulting in a prolonged pandemic. I think the majority of people will choose a dictatorial government for a fast, effective and efficient resolution of the pandemic. What the community needs is that the government ensures that the pandemic is contained as quickly as possible.
Activity: 868
Merit: 15
August 29, 2020, 07:48:31 AM
China has been able to resist everything very easily. Being a strong country did not have much of an impact on the economy. The government system was very difficult everyone has maintained social speed and everything has been cured very easily due to the strict lockdown system. Although China is far ahead in terms of economy it is far behind in other areas complete cure is not possible without vaccines.
Activity: 512
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
August 29, 2020, 05:55:51 AM
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 29, 2020, 05:09:00 AM
New Zealand is successful in implementing those protocols and the citizens really following it to maintain their country as COVID-free but I guess they are not the real winner here. The real winner is the country who is now climbing at the top even though they're being affected by the pandemic in the early days and that's China. They made a huge sacrifice and it made a good impact on their economy which is why they're winning on the economic war with other countries.

China is a dictatorship and it was easier for them to impose lockdowns and other curbs. This was not the case with democratic countries such as the United States and India. The people refused to stay at home and this made it difficult for the government to bring down the number of new cases. Even now, there are a lot of people who just refuse to wear masks and follow social distancing.

Yes, on the one hand, rather harsh rules are needed so that they can be applied because all are for the common interest, because if there is no right action sanctions can be given, then don't expect to be able to solve problems that really need strict rules. freedom but ultimately giving harm to others is also including freedom that has no rules.

It must be admitted that for those who can apply very strict rules there will be quickly resolved, not precisely for countries that apply freedom clad in democracy.
and it has been proven, actually as long as you want to follow the correct health protocol can actually reduce the problem.
August 29, 2020, 01:29:44 AM
New Zealand is successful in implementing those protocols and the citizens really following it to maintain their country as COVID-free but I guess they are not the real winner here. The real winner is the country who is now climbing at the top even though they're being affected by the pandemic in the early days and that's China. They made a huge sacrifice and it made a good impact on their economy which is why they're winning on the economic war with other countries.

Pages:
Jump to: