Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 7. (Read 148397 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Minter
March 05, 2019, 02:11:26 AM
Now there are some problems with the use of cryptocurrency. But I think that over time the cryptocurrency will evolve into something perfect. And people around the world will use cryptocurrency in everyday life.
Activity: 950
Merit: 517
March 05, 2019, 12:01:34 AM
Everyone has a different opinion, as well as figures like Bill Gates and we must be able to respect the opinions of anyone, regardless of whatever it is even though reaping the pros and cons of crypto will always be there and of course there are still supporters for cryptocurrency
Of course I agree with that, but Bill Gates is no ordinary person, he is one of the richest person in the world, so people would look up unto him and his words might influence the minds of investors. Me, I should not listed to anyone, because I know I can only rely on myself when it comes to investing in crypto.
Activity: 215
Merit: 1
March 04, 2019, 11:28:39 PM
Everyone has a different opinion, as well as figures like Bill Gates and we must be able to respect the opinions of anyone, regardless of whatever it is even though reaping the pros and cons of crypto will always be there and of course there are still supporters for cryptocurrency
Activity: 476
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 04, 2019, 11:14:22 PM
They said that and create  FUD because they been sold all his Bitcoin,  and they will said another good thing after buy Bitcoin.  There are some others big investor do the samething to get profit from crypto market.
Activity: 504
March 01, 2019, 05:12:15 AM
You know, any good invention in the hands of bad guys turns into an abomination and death.
I liked the answer from bitcoin developer Udi Wertheimer to Gates’s statement: “Cryptocurrency causes no more deaths than all other money.” I think that is correct.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 01, 2019, 03:34:50 AM
Whatever Bill Gates may say, it is obvious that even he does not know what will happen to the cryptocurrency in the future. You can somehow respond to the cryptocurrency market, but you can not discount it. That is why we do not see many negative reviews about cryptocurrency from well-known personalities like Bill Gates.

What he said will in no way affect the smart economy as a whole, the development goes on and continues to gain momentum. This process is not unstoppable, and they may specifically say to scare people out of this sphere.
Such as he probably just annoys the idea that people can earn money from nothing that cryptocurrency is gaining momentum and does not think to die no matter how much they do not want it, I think most likely they even have coins
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
February 28, 2019, 08:25:06 PM
for some people, crypto is indeed considered dangerous because the risk is used as money laundering and can also be used as an illegal transaction. but remember, on the other hand, crypto can be a very valuable asset because it is anonymous so people cannot commit fraud.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
February 18, 2019, 03:58:18 PM
Whatever Bill Gates may say, it is obvious that even he does not know what will happen to the cryptocurrency in the future. You can somehow respond to the cryptocurrency market, but you can not discount it. That is why we do not see many negative reviews about cryptocurrency from well-known personalities like Bill Gates.

What he said will in no way affect the smart economy as a whole, the development goes on and continues to gain momentum. This process is not unstoppable, and they may specifically say to scare people out of this sphere.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
February 18, 2019, 01:36:15 PM
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
February 18, 2019, 01:16:27 PM
it is normal for people to make statements that indicts what things they hardly comprehend, irrespective of what players they are and the fields in which they handle sensitive positions. as much as they are key opinion leaders (kol) in the technological space, it is also known that other people have also tested and experienced first hand the efficiency of the technology
Activity: 325
Merit: 100
February 18, 2019, 01:13:20 PM
There was a time when he was actually supporting and promoting cryptocurrencies. I don't know what changed his mind. But whatever he says or anyone else for that sake, crypto is here to stay.
Any public statement of such famous people always pursues some goal, raise the price and earn or scare investors and make them sell coins, which he himself will buy at a lower price
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
February 18, 2019, 11:53:11 AM
There was a time when he was actually supporting and promoting cryptocurrencies. I don't know what changed his mind. But whatever he says or anyone else for that sake, crypto is here to stay.
Activity: 1344
February 18, 2019, 10:55:25 AM
I will tell you so that you shouldn’t believe everything that even such significant figures as Bill Gates say. Many people speak badly about Bitcoin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 18, 2019, 10:08:14 AM
I believe bill gates have a very good point in his interview because some consequences of crypto have already caused direct death to some people and also it is a playground for criminals and lot of illegal activities however even on the internet there is a dark web which is also used for similar purposes.
what I'm saying is cryptocurrency , is not entirely bad but with better regulations and better enforcement of the law,  the bad sides of it can be put in check and government can have more control over it
Activity: 190
Merit: 15
Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/
February 18, 2019, 09:50:09 AM
I think in near future cryptos will grow in collaboration with government, but according to the currency systems, even if identities of people are with the government, money laundering, money being sent to Swiss banks, corruption, everything is happening, terrorists are getting funded, human trafficking is happening etc.

No where you can say the because crypto is anonymous it will fuel the crimes or money laundering. Crypto might bring an end to rigid financial systems developed by countries. JP Morgan has launched its own coin, similarly amazon google and even Microsoft will have its own coin, to develop its own ecosystem.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
February 18, 2019, 09:20:14 AM
Nevertheless, he does not offer anything innovative in return, although at one time he gave people the product that almost everyone uses!
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
February 18, 2019, 09:07:13 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I think Bill Gates hasn't have enough time to study cryptocurrency, I guess he just know and read something about bitcoin that is used in illegal purposes in the dark web, but we all know what crypto really is at the moment, its benefits and advantage to fiat is explicitly stated by coins.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
February 18, 2019, 08:45:54 AM
Who is Bill Gates?does he helped cryptocurrency ever since?is he the one who can tell the investors what to do?lol we are different area from what that stupid known in life so he has no rights in everything that discusses crypto and if there’s bad in here?that is his word towards our community
There are different forms of stakeholders. Some are more concerned about fiat, because they have stake in it and on the other way, some about digital currency, such as cryptocurrency. Well, no one knows the agenda of Bill Gate as regards this view or opinion of hs. I will not be surprised if he is looking for ways in which he can buy bitcoin most especially at a very cheap price and later sell high, by coming up to support again. Also, his mission can be somewhat different, so i am just assuming.
In a way maybe you’re right as most of the whales are creating Fud and misinformation just to bring the prices drops and they will take this opportunity to purchase from more cheaper value

And Bill Gates being computer expert?i think he knows the innermost idea of how to profit in this popular virtual money
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
IMO Exchange - Customer First.
February 18, 2019, 06:32:35 AM
To be honest, it is quite disappointing to heard this kind of thing from a man who has contributed so much to the advancement of technology, now he has seen an advanced technology and the product built on it is bad? His opinion doesn't matter to me though.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
February 18, 2019, 06:30:59 AM
If I can remember correctly, the CEO is JP Morgan also said the same thing when he didn't know the technology behind it but now that he has done a deeper search, he is now a believer. There is also a rumour that Facebook is developing something similar
Pages:
Jump to: