Pages:
Author

Topic: Biometric BTC wallet? - page 3. (Read 802 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
August 13, 2019, 12:34:23 PM
I imagine retinal scanning is bad for long term storage (does it use blood vessel arrangements)?
Correct, and there are various pathological process which can either alter your retinal vasculature, or prevent the machine from properly scanning your retinas.

I wouldn't mine my private keys being generated by dna, but that'd have to come from blood for it to be fairly accurate.
DNA can be accurately sequenced from pretty much any cell, which is why using it is a bad idea. We all shed hair and skin cells constantly. An attacker would only need to take a swab from something relatively clean that you've recently touched (like a disposable coffee cup or food wrapper) to have a fairly high chance of being able to sequence your DNA.

Face and iris scanning have been spoofed with pictures before. Fingerprints can be lifted from anything you've touched.

Biometrics really aren't all that secure.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
August 13, 2019, 10:40:49 AM
The way blockchain is designed, what matters is only the private key.

A retina or finger print or whatever would just be a second layer of security, which wouldn't do much if the stealer has the private keys.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
August 13, 2019, 10:16:40 AM
I imagine retinal scanning is bad for long term storage (does it use blood vessel arrangements)?

I wouldn't mine my private keys being generated by dna, but that'd have to come from blood for it to be fairly accurate...

Finger prints and faceid aren't very good and neither are pins for security reasons... I don't know if scanning every finger ever becomes possible then that would be well secured but the issue with biometric scanning is that your data probably won't be encrypted as it can't encrypt them if it's using a pattern matching algorithm.
Activity: 87
Merit: 5
August 13, 2019, 06:48:51 AM

It would be fairly easy to force you to restore your wallet.
All jokes aside, this was the whole point.

What if you salt it with other data, it would not be that easy.

The question remains, no solution on the market?

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
August 13, 2019, 06:24:28 AM

Talk about getting robbed "blind"! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Exactly :-P

It would be fairly easy to force you to restore your wallet.
All jokes aside, this was the whole point.
August 13, 2019, 06:23:13 AM
I've read on reddit that Mycelium should have fingerprint support on iOS.
And on Android.. well.. a later post there makes sense: the device is already encrypted - whether with your passphrase or fingerprint or whatever...

Well, you cannot read info from the IOS or Android touchID of faceID as the system blocks you from accessing the data... You can only get a confirmation that
the finger is used to unlock the phone, but would not be able to generate the code on the fly
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
August 13, 2019, 06:21:01 AM
Now, wouldn't it be easier to steal your coins? One only need your retina to rob your coins /s
Talk about getting robbed "blind"! Shocked Shocked Shocked

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 13, 2019, 05:59:14 AM
I've read on reddit that Mycelium should have fingerprint support on iOS.
And on Android.. well.. a later post there makes sense: the device is already encrypted - whether with your passphrase or fingerprint or whatever...
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
August 13, 2019, 05:57:04 AM
Do you mean generating and backing up a wallet using, for example, a single fingerprint? There are no such wallets and they would be extremely insecure anyway. It would be fairly easy to force you to restore your wallet.

Imagine a wallet that will ask to scan your retina before broadcasting a transaction :-P

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 have a retina scanner. Blockstream Green Wallet supports such a way of unlocking a wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
August 13, 2019, 05:53:32 AM
Not sure. But the concept is nice :-D

Imagine a wallet that will ask to scan your retina before broadcasting a transaction :-P

Now, wouldn't it be easier to steal your coins? One only need your retina to rob your coins /s
August 13, 2019, 05:52:22 AM
Is there any biometric wallet (i am not talking about simple FaceID or TouchID login usage) for crypto wallets?

I have been looking but not found any good solutions.

Anyone?

Pages:
Jump to: