Pages:
Author

Topic: Bit Coin is a Ponzi Scheme - page 3. (Read 4734 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 07:42:34 AM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.

so much of FUD here. maybe you should try to understand what is bitcoin and it altcoin.

it is true there are large number of shitcoin and scam coin. but it doesnt mean all are.
Activity: 126
October 31, 2018, 01:36:20 AM
Bitcoin is definitely not a Ponzi scheme. In mining bitcoin, you are providing service and you get the proposed value in return. When you've acquired bitcoins, there is no promise extended that you can redeem them for any value and there are no dividends paid to those who hold bitcoins.  Ponzi is a fraud, plain and simple.
Activity: 2
October 29, 2018, 07:25:42 AM
Seriously please acknowledge yourself on the situation before making such claims, you obviously don't understand the value of decentralisation and it's application of distributed consensus. This is the core value why Bitcoin is valuable, not because it's a ponzi scheme or scam that is the easy theory that takes little intellect to form. Anyone can speculate but only a very little percentage make the effort to acknowledge.

If you aren't familiar, fiat currency can be created at any point in time without any signification to the subject's that use it. The monetary supply is always growing through money printing that is ongoing everyday of the year, if you look to some economies their currencies are becoming worthless. You may ask why? Hyper-inflation is why.

I hope you are having a nice day and if you read this, please re-evaluate your theory after some appropriate research.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
October 29, 2018, 03:56:14 AM
I'm not surprised you calling bitcoin ponzi scheme ,there are still many like you out there with same mind set ,all you have to ask yourself is 'what is money? & what is bitcoin? What surprised me is you've been around since 2011 and you dont still understand what blockchain is.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
October 29, 2018, 03:02:30 AM
You thread so funny, bitcoin is very diffrent with ponzi scheme, ponzi scheme only give profits to early adopter and after 2-3 months even only a months will colaps because they cant pay member anymore. But bitcoin not like that, already exist about 9 years and you still think this is ponzi?? Bitcoin is cryptocurrensy, you must learn about that
Of course there are differences between ponzi schemes and bitcoin currencies. Bitcoin is owned by everyone by buying or mining, and earning a profit from rising bitcoin prices. If the ponzi scheme deceives people with investment enticements but by providing benefits to the old members obtained from the registration of the next member. So it's very different.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
October 18, 2018, 02:48:30 PM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.
Bitcoin being sustainable since more than a decade and in the year 2009 when bitcoin was introduced it was also called a scam or a bubble that would burst soon as that time also it was indigestible for the people that how could one currency be so beneficial then the very few who believed on it are now the bitcoin billionaires and since then millions of people around the world are now investing into bitcoin but still there are some morons who are still saying bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme and they are the biggest morons.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 14, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
Don't know how you manage to get 10 merit points, But it seems like you do not know anything about cryptocurrency. There is no middleman so we do not have to care about anything if nothing goes wrong without money will be fully our responsibility that how we treat the money or whom we sent the money we understand all the consequences and all the risk of managing our own money and not blindly trusting the banks or governments with our money. Bitcoin or any other altcoin is not a Ponzi scheme it was not even meant to be a currency which is it today, people started created it like virtual currency but it is just another digital payment processing system that's all.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 04:48:03 PM
If it is then it's an absolutely brilliant one-which i am sure unlike other ponzi schemes wont fold because it has run out of sucers to take to the cleaners. Perhaps it is perhaps it isn't but at the moment i will stick with it and wait to see what will develop over the next couple of years.   
Activity: 475
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
October 13, 2018, 12:30:33 PM
Bitcoin isn't a Ponzi Scheme. A Ponzi Scheme is more like a 7 world wonder that ripples itself from just the very starting point. But bitcoin trade and exchange is more like an investment and it's guided by all basic rules of investment and also have all its basic features. A Ponzi scheme if logically calculated, can not have an end. It's more like the multiplication table, you have to add a part from point A to give to point B to satisfaction. And this is clearly not what bitcoin is.
Activity: 55
October 03, 2018, 07:19:19 PM
If bitcoin is considered a Ponzis scheme by some, it is real not a problem for me, I would however would want them to use the same arguments they used to arrive at their conclusion to use same to justify that stock market, pensions scheme, banking system, insurance industry etc will not fall into same category.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
October 06, 2018, 05:33:54 AM
Bitcoin is only made of 0 and 1, I agree with some of your points but like paper money or other physical currency, many patronize and use it so it becomes valuable and used in every transaction can. Fiat is backed by nothing but ruined governments that may fall at any time, as in recent Venezuela and Zimbabwe cases. Thank you! I know a ponzi when I see a $, Bitcoin in the first case, not structured like a ponzi. I have a ponzi experience, and it is not a pleasant person, lose money there because there is no guarantee that when you pay someone, someone else pays you! Owning a bitcoin is like opening a store and storing it with goods waiting for buyers! In a ponzi program, there is a centralized account where each participant pays without prior third party interference, which is not the case with bitcoin, since a special feature with bitcoin is the version. The decentralization it represents, a p2p system that the third party participates. This world is a reflection of the virtual world. Values ​​are personal to us. The government created, the government supervised, the government decided. Only a series of nerds made and evaluated by speculators. because the technology beat the bank. Whatever Ponzi scheme is just your thoughts.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
October 03, 2018, 07:10:49 PM
You thread so funny, bitcoin is very diffrent with ponzi scheme, ponzi scheme only give profits to early adopter and after 2-3 months even only a months will colaps because they cant pay member anymore. But bitcoin not like that, already exist about 9 years and you still think this is ponzi?? Bitcoin is cryptocurrensy, you must learn about that
Activity: 475
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
October 03, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
First you need to know that the ponzi scheme is like a 7 world wonder that is a handful to get hold of. In thinking what and how it spirals into something unfathomable, it gets tougher from there. In other note, Bitcoin is just a virtual money. Technological innovation, an investment and generally accepted to have same characteristics like a typical investment, so I don't see why it should be tagged as a ponzi scheme.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
October 03, 2018, 06:53:18 PM
I don't really believe that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme of investment because it is already the big thing in internet today. It's just a breakthrough invention of this era where more and more people are getting wealthy through it. Governments also using it and that's already a strong case that bitcoin is legit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 227
October 03, 2018, 06:40:52 PM
Bitcoin is not a pyramid but an evolition of money. Even if there is no speculation with the price of Bitcoin, then it can be used for its intended purpose. The future of Bitcoin does not depend so much on the price as it seems.
Activity: 653
Merit: 11
October 03, 2018, 06:36:03 PM
Bitcoin is a whole new digital system, it'll catch on and people will understand in the future the importance of a system like this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
October 03, 2018, 05:16:40 PM
Of course, there are different opinions about bitcoin and many allegedly authorities say that bitcoin is a bubble, Ponzi and so on. I don't believe that. Would big companies like Samsung, for example, or BMW, use it if it were a fraud? I don't. You're just another skeptic.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 03, 2018, 05:12:39 PM
Bitcoin has always been subject to negative opinions of skeptics, but it does not mean that it is true. Bitcoin continues to evolve, improve, and most importantly used in the world. And if it really was just another Scam, bitcoin would not be able to hold out for almost 10 years in the world.

Activity: 546
Merit: 102
October 03, 2018, 05:12:05 PM
bitcoin has value because its supply is limited and mining activities to get bitcoin are not cheap
and mining makes data flows safer on blockchain, decentralized makes networks safe
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
October 03, 2018, 05:07:10 PM
I wonder why people constantly refer to bitcoin as a ponzi scheme bitcoin is a currency for God sake and it not a scheme bitcoin is different from ponzi as ponzi is not a currency or can not be send from one person to the other.
Pages:
Jump to: