Pages:
Author

Topic: Bit Coin is a Ponzi Scheme - page 4. (Read 4734 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 03, 2018, 04:54:00 PM
I fully read your message, but did not see any serious statement that would confirm your statement that bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. And you know, if that were true, it wouldn't have evolved to such a global scale for so long. So I think you're wrong.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
October 03, 2018, 02:43:04 AM
Bitcoin is just made of 0s and 1s, I agree with some of your point but like a paper money or other physical currency, many people patronize and use it so it become valuable and use in every possible transaction
as long as i'm active in the world of bitcoin, price of btc is purely from demand and supply, so i think it's far from the ponzi scheme. as a trader, we can get a profit with time of entering and leaving market
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
October 03, 2018, 02:39:25 AM
this world is a reflection of the virtual world / internet world. all have no value. who gives value is us personally. why is fiat more valid in the world than bitcoin, of course because it is protected by regulations. the government that makes, the government that oversees, the government that determines. what about bitcoin? yes as you say. only a bunch of nerds make and are rated by speculators. but why do they give value? because the technology defeats banking. but the government does not recognize that. whether the ponzi scheme is just your thinking. because you don't know more about bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
October 03, 2018, 02:31:59 AM
in a ponzi scheme, there is a centralized account where each participants are require to pay into without the prior interference of a third party, that is not the case with bitcoin, as one distinctive feature with bitcoin is the decentralized nature it exhibit, a p2p system where a third party is involved. So it is very incorrect to say bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.
Activity: 278
Merit: 5
Invest and play
October 03, 2018, 12:48:07 AM
Thanks to you! You meant Bit Coin not $Bitcoin Because the $Bitcoin I know isn't a ponzi. I know a ponzi when I see one, $Bitcoin in the first instance, isn't structured like a ponzi. Ponzis are pyramid schemes where you take from Mr. B  and Mr. C and give to Mr. A, hoping that D and E and F and G respectively will give to Mr. B and Mr. C. I have a ponzi experience, and it wasn't a pleasant one, lost money there because there is no guarantee that when u pay to someone, someone else pays to you! But if you own a single $Bitcoin, there is guarantee that its price will go up, even if its in cents! Owning a bitcoin is like opening a shop and stocking it with goods in wait for buyers! Joining a ponzi is like being too generous to solve other peoples problems, while yours remain unattended to!!
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
October 03, 2018, 12:20:19 AM
Cryptocurrency is more of a currency than Fiat. Fiat is backed by nothing but corrupted Governments that can fall at anytime, like in the recent cases of Venezuela and Zimbabwe. You cannot just print Crypto as you feel, unlike the money printing scheme called Fiat.
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
October 03, 2018, 12:06:46 AM
Bitcoin is just made of 0s and 1s, I agree with some of your point but like a paper money or other physical currency, many people patronize and use it so it become valuable and use in every possible transaction
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 03, 2018, 12:05:50 AM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.

I strongly disagree with what you say. if it is a bitcoin ponzi scheme, then now it will not get the loss of the people who bought it at the end of 2017. but in fact people who bought last year really expect the price to recover. if it is a bitcoin Ponzi scheme, then people who bought last year will not experience a downturn like this. in my opinion, you are carried away by emotions when you express your feelings. because you are not happy to see people who are lucky because they bought bitcoin when the price was very cheap a few years ago. you tell people not to spend their time speculating, but there are still many people out there who earn money because they speculate to trade. so in my opinion, all you say is nonsense and people won't believe your words.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
October 02, 2018, 11:40:08 PM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.
How does it become a Ponzi scheme?
I think you're just a troller that spends all your time in trolling different kinds of forums all over the internet world as long as you have an internet connection.
Bitcoin is not even an investment and if you read Bitcoin's white paper you won't find any word about "investment" kinds of stuff. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one is controlling it even a central bank nor a government and only the majority of people using it decides what it will be.

Why not tell that to the Japanese since they adapted this coin heartedly to the extent of using this as legal tender,in short same functionality with Yen?

Another thing after what you have cried,now why still living here inside the crypto of bitcoin is totally nothing?Lop tell that you your mothers ass stupid
He's just trolling around in here because his mom gives him the privilege to connect to their internet at their house lol. Grin Or he is just spreading FUD in this community to make the price of Bitcoin go down so he could buy at the dip. Cheesy
Activity: 630
Merit: 172
October 02, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
I wouldn't blame a mainstream investor for thinking bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.  It looks very shady from the outside; some guy is holding a million coins and they used to sold for a penny and then it grows to astronomical prices.

Don't worry I'm still a believer in BTC
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN
October 02, 2018, 11:21:23 PM
In the past, people investing in gold even today are still popular, and because of technological advances, people are starting to be interested in investing in bitcoin, what is bitcoin? bitcoin is digital gold which is now popular as a promising investment but has a high risk
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 10:57:57 PM
don't say anything negative about bitcoin if you don't know much about it, Because it will affect to bitcoin's price. Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme and they are totally different
Activity: 616
October 02, 2018, 08:16:43 PM
bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, bitcoin just a digital currency as we know, and we can see there are many bad people that makes the bad HYIP with Ponzi scheme using the bitcoin, so bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, bitcoin just a media
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
October 02, 2018, 07:51:00 PM
This topic was started November 17 last year. I wonder if the thread-starter still thinks that bitcoin is still a Ponzi Scheme. I wouldn’t be surprised if this person is into cryptocurrency now.  Cheesy

Yes

What changed your mind?

Was it libertarian YouTube videos?

In fact who or what gave you the idea that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme in the first place. I see a lot of people out on the street think that and I just don't get it.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
October 02, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
This topic was started November 17 last year. I wonder if the thread-starter still thinks that bitcoin is still a Ponzi Scheme. I wouldn’t be surprised if this person is into cryptocurrency now.  Cheesy

Yes
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
September 28, 2018, 05:45:37 AM
In Ponzi schemes, business founders will convince investors that they will get a certain level of profit, while Bitcoin does not promise that kind of thing. There is no central entity; there are only individuals who run a decentralized economy. In the Ponzi scheme, the initial users (those who first join) will benefit from those who join later. While in Bitcoin, there is a solution for this. Early users benefit from increasing the value of bitcoin, while late users will benefit from a stable, fast and cheap currency. The fact that early users get more profits does not make Bitcoin directly a Ponzi scheme. All good investments in successful companies have these characteristics.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 04:04:08 AM
Bitcoin is currently the most widely used currency in the world and it isn't a Ponzi model. Contrary to the Ponzi model, Bitcoin doesn't have a managed entity, no specific promise for profit, and users can start with a small Bitcoin without the minimum investment package. Although the Bitcoin network isn't a multi-level model, it should be clearly recognized that the subject can exploit Bitcoin for its own fraudulent forms as a form of payment or commodity.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 03:57:28 AM
please learn more about bitcoin before saying something.Yes,  this is the forum for people to talk about bitcoin but you are totally wrong when you said; " Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme "
It was more of a stated opinion, than a stated fact, don't take everything to heart. yes people should learn more before speaking, but this is a forum where we speak our opinion and discuss it freely.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2018, 02:35:27 AM
I think bitcoin is not like ponzi and bitcoin schemes are more likely to be digital currencies in general, there is no ponzi in bitcoin, bitcoin is a digital currency chain that does not implement profit referrals, it is only the result of several markets that provide referrals like that .
of course not. we know some people do use bitcoin to commit fraud, and well, I've also been hit with their tricks several times. but, I think, most of that is not a scam. I am sure, if you have followed the path, then you will know the scam or not.
Activity: 420
September 28, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
I think bitcoin is not like ponzi and bitcoin schemes are more likely to be digital currencies in general, there is no ponzi in bitcoin, bitcoin is a digital currency chain that does not implement profit referrals, it is only the result of several markets that provide referrals like that .
Pages:
Jump to: