Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitamp Bitcoin Web Wallet - Send & Receive Bitcoin Instantly! - page 3. (Read 13557 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 159
I see 3 confirmations on my Bitcoin transaction but it's still pending on my balance. Is this normal?

This is entirely the fault of the service you are using. Some services manually confirm transactions, others wait for many confirmations. It is unusual these days for services to require more than 3 confirmations on the Bitcoin network though.

Refer to your tx ID on the Bitcoin blockchain itself (using a public explorer like Blockchair). If there are more than 3 confirmations there, you should get in touch with your service.
1 or 3 confirmations are very common numbers that are required by services to credit the deposit BTC to account balance.

If the confirmation number already exceeds required numbers, but balance is not credited. Please open support ticket to contact their customer support. If they say the mistake is from user, it is a lie. That service can scam users.

The bad scam is make your second deposit to help the first deposit being credited to balance. It is their double scam.
Activity: 314
Merit: 17
I see 3 confirmations on my Bitcoin transaction but it's still pending on my balance. Is this normal?

This is entirely the fault of the service you are using. Some services manually confirm transactions, others wait for many confirmations. It is unusual these days for services to require more than 3 confirmations on the Bitcoin network though.

Refer to your tx ID on the Bitcoin blockchain itself (using a public explorer like Blockchair). If there are more than 3 confirmations there, you should get in touch with your service.
Is this the start of crypto winter?

Like Vitalik Buterin just said. This is normal, and we may have just seen the bubble burst, and we may also still see it burst in a few months, it is difficult to know. But we have seen enough bubbles to know that it will rise again.
And when it bursts, like he says also, it is generally proof that the technology is not quite ready yet and then it goes back to fix what it could not do.
Cool web wallet, definitely a use case for Bitcoin newcomers. Ever think of developing one for Ethereum so there's an easy way for people to manage their ERC271s aka NFTs? Wink

We have always been a Bitcoin wallet so that will be the direction we continue on for now. But thank you for the comment and yes, NFT does look like a good use case for crypto/blockchain, but there are many others too and we personally think the Bitcoin use case is worth focusing on:)
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Cool web wallet, definitely a use case for Bitcoin newcomers. Ever think of developing one for Ethereum so there's an easy way for people to manage their ERC271s aka NFTs? Wink
How do I get my wallet address? Do I need to use my 12 words?

The 12 words you have should be your “seed phrase” or “recovery phrase”. Use a reputable wallet like electrum (we also have one at Bitamp) to “restore” a wallet with those words. Once restored, you can see all the addresses associated with it and use it as before.
What's the most secure and decentralized Bitcoin wallet?

It’s probably not possible to lay claim to the “most secure” and also to “decentralized” but Electrum probably is top in this list simply because it hasn’t been hacked before (there have been some exploits very quickly fixed) and because it’s open source.

But there is one main developer behind it.

I don't think that Thomas Voegtlin is the only developer working on Electrum wallet, and you can see in their github page that over 280 people contributed their project so far.
It is true that Thomas started the project back in 2011, but ghost43 and SomberNight also have write access and they have their own contributions:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/graphs/contributors

We did say one main developer, not the sole developer:) It's still fair to say that this is his project, and Electrum has retained the same features and even design it has had ever since I can remember.

Even the last big exploit I remember (2019 IIRC), it was Thomas himself who first responded and put the fix up.

Still, fair points, and good for bringing it up!
Does Coinbase give you a wallet?

They do, but it’s what is called a custodial wallet, meaning to say, they are the true owners of the wallet, giving you certain rights to manage it, but ultimately retaining the full control over it.

Think of Coinbase as one huge physical wallet that they own, they lock and they control how money comes in and out. In this wallet are millions of compartments, each assigned to one user. So they put money in and out of all these compartments, all you can do is tell them how. Whether or not they will listen to you, is entirely up to them;)
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%

It’s probably not possible to lay claim to the “most secure” and also to “decentralized” but Electrum probably is top in this list simply because it hasn’t been hacked before (there have been some exploits very quickly fixed) and because it’s open source.

But there is one main developer behind it.

I don't think that Thomas Voegtlin is the only developer working on Electrum wallet, and you can see in their github page that over 280 people contributed their project so far.
It is true that Thomas started the project back in 2011, but ghost43 and SomberNight also have write access and they have their own contributions:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/graphs/contributors

But there is one main developer behind it. Bitamp is very much the same we like to think as we’re open source too but also we have developers — so that makes us slightly centralized in the sense that the code is our making.
Will ETH 2.0 be on Coinbase?

ETH or Ether, which is the native currency powering the Ethereum network, is already on Coinbase.
ETH 2.0 is simply an upgrade. This isn’t a contentious split of the network as Bitcoin Cash was with Bitcoin.
All ETH users will eventually upgrade to ETH 2.0. There won’t be any users left behind (well there can be but they wouldn’t be used on Coinbase presumably).
Is Bitcoin completely virtual and non-physical?

Depends on what you mean. As a currency, it’s complete virtual, since it’s all digitally represented by data on a public ledger.
The network is held together by physical machines, though! And wallets, while they can all be purely digital, are also commonly made with physical representations like hardware devices:)
Sorry for the break, hope you guys had fun meanwhile with ETH ATH and Bitcoin going strong!

We share our latest requested answer from Quora here.

How do I transfer Bitcoin to my bank account?

As far as I know, only the US has certain banks that the law allows to custody Bitcoin, otherwise the only option for anyone else is to liquidate their Bitcoin, as in, trade it (sell it) for fiat to store in your bank account. Things may change in the future but as it stands, Bitcoin was built to be controlled and owned only by you. Embrace it, try and familiarize yourself with a proper Bitcoin wallet like Bitamp or Electrum!
Someone asked us if it costs more to send large amounts of ETH.

Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum doesn’t use input data to perform send transactions, they only update the balance in the wallet, so no, size of transaction does not count. It is only the actual gas used to make the tx that counts, as you pay the costs of that gas. It should be the same whether you send 1 ETH or 1000 ETH.

Gas used depends on complexity of transaction, not amount. Smart contract interactions will cost you a lot more as they require more executions.
So, buying cryptocurrencies at Robinhood is just like on the PayPal or Revolut? You can only trade with them but you can't withdraw them to an external wallet. Is that correct?

That is correct. Robinhood like Paypal or Revolut is just an app. Closed source and a software that taps into their internal database of accounts to show you what you have.

It doesn't interact at all with the blockchain.
Why does my ERC20 token address look exactly like my ETH wallet address?

ERC20 tokens are simply tokens created on the same network as ETH, which is Ethereum. Only using a different protocol. The same ETH address can hold ETH and as many other types of tokens created on different protocols. ERC20 and ERC721 are the most common right now.
Even Bitcoin network has the same, just not as common.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
Robinhood’s just a balance on an app. You can sell it back but you can’t retrieve actual BTC.

So, buying cryptocurrencies at Robinhood is just like on the PayPal or Revolut? You can only trade with them but you can't withdraw them to an external wallet. Is that correct?

When you buy crypto on PayPal or Revolut, you’re actually just paying these companies to allocate you a value equal to the market price of Bitcoin. You have an account on their database, with absolutely no interaction at all with the actual networks or blockchains of these crypto.

Which is better to buy Bitcoin, Robinhood or Kraken? Will they let me access my wallet on Robinhood?

But they don’t let you access your wallet:) At least Kraken does have a real Bitcoin wallet, so you can withdraw it to your own Electrum or Bitamp, should you decide you’re done trading and want to hang on to your actual BTC.

Robinhood’s just a balance on an app. You can sell it back but you can’t retrieve actual BTC.
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
Did Coinbase every give out free Bitcoin?

It did and probably still does, but only to people it deems are legitimate users in their jurisdiction as a referral fee. Think it was $10 of Bitcoin.
Watch out, though, Coinbase wallets are custodial, meaning to say you don’t actually control or own the private keys that give you rights to your Bitcoin.

Use Electrum, or Bitamp to get a feel of a true Bitcoin wallet:)

Coin Base have good corporations with governments and you can not have privacy if you use CoinBase. They are making noise with Coin Base IPO.

It can be good for crypto noise but Coin Base is not a god exchange if you are care about privacy and there are better non custodial wallets.
Did Coinbase every give out free Bitcoin?

It did and probably still does, but only to people it deems are legitimate users in their jurisdiction as a referral fee. Think it was $10 of Bitcoin.
Watch out, though, Coinbase wallets are custodial, meaning to say you don’t actually control or own the private keys that give you rights to your Bitcoin.

Use Electrum, or Bitamp to get a feel of a true Bitcoin wallet:)
Pages:
Jump to: