Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitamp Bitcoin Web Wallet - Send & Receive Bitcoin Instantly! - page 10. (Read 13557 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 17
Which companies or institutions have started buying Bitcoin?

No need to mention PayPal and the like — those you can easily Google. I think the one worth mentioning here is the government of Norway, which manages the world’s largest sovereign fund — and has a history of great management. They’ve put a percentage in Bitcoin since 2017 IIRC correctly, and this essentially means every Norwegian has a stake in Bitcoin’s fortune. They’ll be well taken care of.
Bitamp maybe you need to think about adding 2FA two-factor authentication for creating wallets on your website.
It would greatly improve wallet security and reduce potential phishing attacks in future.

Not sure how this would work since you're not actually creating any accounts on Bitamp, but we'll pass it on to the devs. I know there are 3rd party 2FA for even within Electrum, for example. We'll certainly pass the feedback down:)

You are absolutely right, it wouldn't work at all.

The 2FA authentication method cannot be used if the wallet is accessed via a private key (or a seed phrase or keystore file). Think about it. What exactly should 2FA protect if someone already has access to your private key? Bitamp is not a custodial wallet as far as I know.

As for the second argument for "reducing potential phishing attacks," the answer is no again. The goal of a phishing attack in this case would be for thieves to obtain your private keys or seeds. If this happens and you leave your private key on a fake (phishing) website, it's basically a game over for you. Thieves have everything they need to steal your funds.

Yup! That's what I thought too:) 2FA's as far as I understand not applicable to a service like Bitamp. We don't store any information at all from you on server side, everything is done on your side (client side). We're definitely not a custodial wallet and we don't have account holders at all. Just site users, without need for accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1041
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
Bitamp maybe you need to think about adding 2FA two-factor authentication for creating wallets on your website.
It would greatly improve wallet security and reduce potential phishing attacks in future.

Not sure how this would work since you're not actually creating any accounts on Bitamp, but we'll pass it on to the devs. I know there are 3rd party 2FA for even within Electrum, for example. We'll certainly pass the feedback down:)

The 2FA authentication method cannot be used if the wallet is accessed via a private key (or a seed phrase or keystore file). Think about it. What exactly should 2FA protect if someone already has access to your private key? Bitamp is not a custodial wallet as far as I know.

As for the second argument for "reducing potential phishing attacks," the answer is no again. The goal of a phishing attack in this case would be for thieves to obtain your private keys or seeds. If this happens and you leave your private key on a fake (phishing) website, it's basically a game over for you. Thieves have everything they need to steal your funds.

We already have SEED, Privat Key, Keystone files.
So for me it is also quite safe Bitamp and MyEtherwallet which does not need 2fa authentication in this case because the seeds we are holding are strong unless other people know about it.

Wearing a scamer attack later, of course, it is from us ourselves that we have to be aware that the bitamp can be cloned by the scamer, therefore we have to keep the original url which will remain safe when opening it.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355

Activity: 2842
Merit: 641
https://duelbits.com/

This is indeed a nice suggestion since if there's no 2FA then a huge risk might come in future for the users so provably it's best to put that feature for security purposes, I'm sure many would love to see that since by now setting up the 2FA is been done by many crypto users and many are been turned off for the wallets who doesn't have this placed in their site.

Scamers always have a way to copy phishing sites that are their target so it is very important about 2FA authentication if you add it to Bitamp I also now use this wallet but only hold the private key and seed that has been provided so there is no extra security if it is where in front of things that are not desired.
But I fully support what Bitamp is doing in this step.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783

This is indeed a nice suggestion since if there's no 2FA then a huge risk might come in future for the users so provably it's best to put that feature for security purposes, I'm sure many would love to see that since by now setting up the 2FA is been done by many crypto users and many are been turned off for the wallets who doesn't have this placed in their site.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Why would anyone think Bitcoin and other crypto assets have no future?

Mainly fear of the unknown, or fear of the change to status quo. You have to understand the current system of finance and banking has benefited those in power for a very long time, generations actually. Something like Bitcoin which is decentralized, where the powers that be hold no influence, can be seen as destabilizing to the current system. They can’t control it, they can’t manipulate it, so they can’t use it to their sole advantage.

So it’s really in their interest to convince others that Bitcoin holds no future. They’re wrong, of course, Bitcoin’s grown to such a stage where it can’t be stopped.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Yeah, really hard to say how much of US population really holds bitcoin or have been using bitcoin. There are a lot of surveys out there, but I think the sample data is too small to grasp, so it could be more. And as we all know, US market is huge,  but they are very strict, even some gambling websites I know restrict US citizens.
Bitcoin is a Demographic Mega-Trend: Data Analysis

USA is the leading nation and if bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are surviving and growing in the nation, it is only good for crypto market globally. If in the strictest nation, cryptocurrencies are not banned or destroyed, they are fine in rest of the world.

The growth of crypto companies and more products from them in the USA. are positive contributors for the market.

The USA has 1966 nodes or 17.62% of all bitcoin nodes with 11159 total nodes. Global bitcoin nodes distribution and Countries chart

Despite the bear market, the data shows that Bitcoin awareness, familiarity, perception, conviction, propensity to purchase and ownership all increased/improved significantly

The results highlight that Bitcoin is a demographic mega-trend led by younger age groups.

Ultimately, Bitcoin is a demographic mega-trend: Younger demographics are leading in terms of Bitcoin awareness, familiarity, perception, conviction, propensity to purchase, and ownership rates.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
Someone requested our answer today: Does the US population only own 5% of the Bitcoin market?

Doubt this is true. It’s true that in the early days there were more North American Bitcoin users and owners than the rest of the world but today, the US is probably one of the most difficult places to buy Bitcoin.

Most of the world’s developed economies allow you to buy P2P, for example, which is impossible without a license in the US. And you have access outside US to all kinds of exchanges online — that don’t accept US citizens.

It may change soon with PayPal and others gearing up for BTC legitimately but it’s hard to believe 5% of the market is in American hands.

What do you think, guys?
Yeah, really hard to say how much of US population really holds bitcoin or have been using bitcoin. There are a lot of surveys out there, but I think the sample data is too small to grasp, so it could be more. And as we all know, US market is huge,  but they are very strict, even some gambling websites I know restrict US citizens.
Why should I use a Bitcoin wallet? Is there any benefit of doing it?

Yes. A real Bitcoin wallet puts you — and only you — in control of your own funds. A Bitcoin wallet hosted on some other centralized server or service means that at any time, just like a regular bank account, the owners of the service can freeze or stop your transactions or even take your funds away, which then means you lose the whole point of owning your own money. That’s what Bitcoin is all about! Spend as you want, send to the people you want directly, pay the transaction fees you want, and be confident it will be sent the way you want it. No hidden fees, no mysterious account balance change or any of that crap we’re all used to with regular money.
Someone requested our answer today: Does the US population only own 5% of the Bitcoin market?

Doubt this is true. It’s true that in the early days there were more North American Bitcoin users and owners than the rest of the world but today, the US is probably one of the most difficult places to buy Bitcoin.

Most of the world’s developed economies allow you to buy P2P, for example, which is impossible without a license in the US. And you have access outside US to all kinds of exchanges online — that don’t accept US citizens.

It may change soon with PayPal and others gearing up for BTC legitimately but it’s hard to believe 5% of the market is in American hands.

What do you think, guys?
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
I noticed the section for Network (at the bottom left corner) of the website. Can the Bitamp team consider to add the transaction fee (suggestion) for users who want to broadcast their bitcoin transaction with Bitamp wallet. In addition, the right to customize the fee from Default to Fast and Slow.

Service Status
    Blockchain Height 663,350
    Mempool Size 11.40 MB
    Difficulty 18.60 T
    Bitcoin Core 0.20.1
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
^^ Definitely, Electrum is on top, light weight, SPV wallet, and then bitamp, of course, your product is new that's why it's hard to compete against Electrum. But it doesn't mean that you can't corner some bitcoin users to take your wallet for a rest and test it. Just like what most of us did and I would say that you could have satisfied customers already. And you will see in the feedback that they are actually breaking it, sort of finding vulnerabilities which is a win-win situation.
How important is a private crypto wallet?

Privacy is always going to important to you — you should even consider it not just your right, but your duty to maintain your privacy.

I like Ledger and recommend it a lot as a hardware wallet but the fact it’s not private means it’s vulnerable, like any other centralized service that keeps customer data, to hacks and leaks. Which is exactly what has just happened.

Use a wallet that never collects any information about you. Like Bitamp or Electrum;)
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Looks like Bitamp could be good alternative for blockchain.com wallet, but I think it needs to to finish adding features like exchange and lightning network first.
I would personally like to see switch on website for changing theme from light to dark and few more cosmetic changes, with enabling full control for choosing exact fee for sending bitcoins (maybe with advanced settings).
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
Maybe creating some sort of activities which can create an engagement to the site itself like running a referral contest which gives a rewards to the person who got more sign ups on the site and I think more good(But this is just a suggestion only) Cheesy.
Good idea, maybe when the exchange feature ready, this promotion can be done to attract many users using the wallet and exchange, but as far as I know currently Bitamp does not have a referral feature.
Yes, this is good, but as bitamp said before, they have limited budget to work with right now that's why these haven't expanded their marketing except for a couple of youtube videos and this signature campaigns which has been going for months now with occasional paused in between.

So maybe their priority is to promote their product here in our community and expand later.

In any case, bitamp is a good wallet, very user friendly. And yes, belated Merry Christmas to everyone and happy ATH.
Merry Christmas everyone! New BTC ATH so the message is simple as it always has been, not your keys, not your coins. Happy Bitamp-ing!
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220
Maybe creating some sort of activities which can create an engagement to the site itself like running a referral contest which gives a rewards to the person who got more sign ups on the site and I think more good(But this is just a suggestion only) Cheesy.
Good idea, maybe when the exchange feature ready, this promotion can be done to attract many users using the wallet and exchange, but as far as I know currently Bitamp does not have a referral feature.

That's why its good to create this feature since for sure many will promote this site even without payment since they can get a referral commission for their invites and after this implementation if this will really happen in future the suggested contest can be inserted to boost the traffic and possible engagement to the site.

This are worthy to be added since it can give good impact on bitamp in terms of marketing and promotions.
Pages:
Jump to: