Pages:
Author

Topic: BitArena | Online Bitcoin Arena | 48 Hour 0% House Edge promotion! - page 3. (Read 7834 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
House rake seems very high on this.  It's a player versus player game so the house takes no real risk kinda like Peerbet.  Peerbet takes no rake.

Yeah, I don't like it either. I've played a few times, but I won't continue to play now. 7% is ridicilous, if I win, with say, an axe, I get quite a loss still, and have to win to make profit.

I second this. The fee was raised to 7% to justify the new prestige system, which from what TF has mentioned to me, with 100 points, I might be able to get 0.02 back. So basically the increased house edge doesn't affect people that spend ridiculous amounts on this game, but instead affects all the new people that want to try the game a few times. They could have easily left the house edge the same and still made almost the same profit, but the greed of the site owner and/or designer has put them off my list for good. It was done without notice except for the change on the side of the site in small text, not reflected anywhere on the forums by the owner or designer, only annoyed players. Your site's model may be "unique", but the original idea didn't even come from you, and you're putting a ridiculous house edge on it. Add that to the already high stakes, and I do not recommend this game to anyone anymore. It went to shit pretty quickly. At this point, it's basically a glorified chain game.
Activity: 518
House rake seems very high on this.  It's a player versus player game so the house takes no real risk kinda like Peerbet.  Peerbet takes no rake.

Yeah, I don't like it either. I've played a few times, but I won't continue to play now. 7% is ridicilous, if I win, with say, an axe, I get quite a loss still, and have to win to make profit.

Doing simple math with the amount of bets already placed on the site (828) and using the average bet (0.04) it seems the house makes some decent cash off the site.

Also, considering this was a coinchat bot game first, was good credit given to the originator?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I can't help but notice my fame is gone Sad What happened?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
tombs was Champion before you fishy and he had messaged me on here.
And you are on this list and contest.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
I can add you, the contest started a day ago. Tongue

I am confused, could you look back at posts #36 and #37 of this thread? There was some contest going on where the 4th spot had just been taken by BingoBoingo, and then I became the new champion. I'm not understanding why I still made neither list.
And yet, I only have 1 entry even though I have been champion :<

Same here. I maaay have been champion before contest launch tho.

[EDIT: Looks updated now, thanks Smiley]
And yet, I only have 1 entry even though I have been champion :<
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
The percent increase was due to a rewards system being put in place with prestige, eventually you can redeem it for a percent of your bets back.

---------------------
Season One Contest
---------------------

Season One: Prize pool BTC1.00
3x winners: 0.50, 0.30, 0.20

Month long arena contest: 7/25/13 - 8/25/13
Each user that places one bet will get an entry.
Each new champion will get +1 entry.

Winners will receive a Bitcoin gift voucher to be redeemed on Inputs.io.
A Season contest will be held every month, depending on the amount of players the prize pool will increase!

---------------------
Updated Entries:
---------------------
hollowinfinity - 3
Trance104 - 2
lordsonkit - 3
lurkwingduck - 3
BingoBoingo - 2
DOMESTIC_PINEAPPLE - 3
The conqueror - 2
tombs - 2
mercedes -2
TradeFortress - 3
lel - 1
Mooshire - 3
s1a2d3h4 - 1
Pepere - 1
shwab - 1
blowjob - 1
highonquack - 1
peapodamus - 2
DeeBo - 2
SubWolf - 2
Greyman - 2
masoniii - 1
kingofsports - 3
1v.io/Freedom - 2
Kure - 2
Yamada - 2
Zorker - 2
the vetion - 2
Activity: 602
Acc bought - used solely for signature testing
You got me on the first one after that Wink
What the actual fuck
The OP says 5% is taken by the house, and the original site did too. Now it is 7%, please update all areas of the change, this is misleading.

What was the reason for the increase? This was unannounced and sneaky. Was 5% not enough for you?

And regarding the new prestige system: Will old bets count?
I had noticed that price of the rock weapon had changed, but was pleased to find the odds for winning changed with it.
Activity: 602
Acc bought - used solely for signature testing
The OP says 5% is taken by the house, and the original site did too. Now it is 7%, please update all areas of the change, this is misleading.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
It's only part of the seed. But I agree. TF fix this. NAO
This is the same method used by Just-Dice, SatoshiDICE, etc.

Hrm. It's strange, I'd expected it to just use random.org or something, this is so nasty because your name would matter. It's still random, but you know that if you lose a different name could've been a win.

random.org isn't provably fair.

Anyway, you'll soon be able to redeem prestige for rewards Smiley
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
---------------------
Season One Contest UPDATED LIST
---------------------

Season One: Prize pool BTC1.00
3x winners: 0.50, 0.30, 0.20

Month long arena contest: 7/25/13 - 8/25/13
Each user that places one bet will get an entry.
Each new champion will get +1 entry. *You don't get +1 entry for every time you become champion.
Posting here you get +1 entry.

Winners will receive a Bitcoin gift voucher to be redeemed on Inputs.io.
A Season contest will be held every month, depending on the amount of players the prize pool will increase!

Top Fame and Streak players each month will also get a bonus.

---------------------
Entries
---------------------
hollowinfinity - 1
Trance104 - 2
lordsonkit - 3
lurkwingduck - 2
BingoBoingo - 2
DOMESTIC_PINEAPPLE - 1
The conqueror - 2
tombs - 2
mercedes -2
TradeFortress - 1
lel - 1
Mooshire - 3
s1a2d3h4 - 1
Pepere - 1
Pepere - 1
shwab - 1
blowjob - 1

Do we get a free entry for posting here even if we haven't played yet?
Update on the entires for the raffle please?

Hrm. It's strange, I'd expected it to just use random.org or something, this is so nasty because your name would matter. It's still random, but you know that if you lose a different name could've been a win.

Huh really? I never knew
Pages:
Jump to: