Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitAxe.ca] ASIC Mining Equipment Manufacturer - JUST LAUNCHED!! - page 3. (Read 19318 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
...and the fact that they accept paypal as payment feels pretty 'solid' compared to a lot of the 'we accept only BTC for our Wunder-Asics' fly by night shops.

yes but Paypal only covers you for 45 days and some credit card issuers up to 90 days... if delivery of Avalon chips is compromised you're not going to be able reversing the payment.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Seems pretty legit,  sign me up.

I am a IT Engineer in the IC industry as well...perhaps i can help with chip or pcba packaging?
My bitcoin partner and another friend are are p.h.d candidates in E.E. programs... please let me know if we can be of assistance.

At the very least I would be up for being a consumer of this product.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Any reply about a delivery timeline?

FYI: I have placed orders for the complete Avalon miners listed on the bitaxe.ca website for $389. Being an exceptionally early order I offer to review/take pictures and shoot video of product once delivered.

I have no affiliation with bitaxe.ca or any of it's employees, investors or founders. I live in the Midwest US and have requested delivery timeline etc. from bitaxe.ca and also made it clear that I am willing to verify their product without compensation in any form.

Not yet, in their defense. It's only been a few hours and the fact that they accept paypal as payment feels pretty 'solid' compared to a lot of the 'we accept only BTC for our Wunder-Asics' fly by night shops.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
First you buy the cards, then you buy the controller board/PDU/Heat sink/Case. It is all modular so you can just plug it in once you have all the parts.
Where do I buy one of those? Say I want to buy one of your $400 units (understanding it ships once you have the chips), and also want whatever it takes to plug it in and go.
Activity: 154
Any reply about a delivery timeline?

FYI: I have placed orders for the complete Avalon miners listed on the bitaxe.ca website for $389. Being an exceptionally early order I offer to review/take pictures and shoot video of product once delivered.

I have no affiliation with bitaxe.ca or any of it's employees, investors or founders. I live in the Midwest US and have requested delivery timeline etc. from bitaxe.ca and also made it clear that I am willing to verify their product without compensation in any form.
Activity: 142

Keep us posted

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Currently we are waiting on parts. I cannot give you a definite timeline as we still have to order the last few parts.

We are currently concentrating on fixing Sitarow's 5 non-operating ASIC's on his Avalon unit.

Sorry to be so vague, but we will definitely keep the forum updated as we progress.
Something is wrong with either U7 or U8 make sure to check solder at U7 lead 36 and 37 also check solder at U8 leads 1 and 2.
Currently we are waiting on parts. I cannot give you a definite timeline as we still have to order the last few parts.

We are currently concentrating on fixing Sitarow's 5 non-operating ASIC's on his Avalon unit.

Sorry to be so vague, but we will definitely keep the forum updated as we progress.

Have you placed order/orders for Avalon chips yet? I just placed order for the $389 fully assembled board including chips. Can you elaborate on timeline/expectation for delivery of the fully assembled miner?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
######################################

******NOTE******

We have had 2 customers in the last 2 days have issues with Paypal. I have called Paypal directly and they have informed me that they can see the attempted payments (proves Bitaxe.ca is passing the meta data on properly). They have said in both instances that it was DECLINED BY PAYPAL due to an issue with the CUSTOMER'S account. The said that it was PAYPAL that declined it and not the Credit Card being declined.

I have verified that the Paypal API is doing what it is supposed to, so it is not something BitAxe can fix. Its an issue with the individuals accounts that only PAYPAL can fix. (Paypal has verified this)

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH PAYPAL PAYMENTS PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL DIRECTLY THOUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK TO FIX THE PROBLEM:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

On a positive note the other BitPay / Paypal / Credit Card payments have gone through perfectly.

Regards,
The [email protected]

######################################

Activity: 378
When are you going to build the FPGA controller board?
Thanks  again  for meeting  me  for  lunch Sitarow. We  are  aggressively  hunting  down a  thermal  imager  to  find  out  exactly  which chips are  not working.

I'll keep you  informed.
Activity: 314
Thank you for your time and efforts.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Yes...I am very patient. How about a picture of you, holding the PCB in front of your office at the Advanced Technology Centre?

Today I along with 2 other colleagues have met with one of their reps for lunch.

He brought along 3 of their PCB's to give out.

The meeting was productive and we walked away with a few more irons in the fire.

They are in discussions about exploring other options to provide cloned Avalon units following the path set by other project teams.

I have included photos below of the pcb's

I could of taken video however I think its best to see if I can get the thermal image video of Avalon Unit #445 module #6 that is acting up.

Getting TI video/images of it running before and after and being able to use one of the V1.3 boards would help demonstrate that the plans do work with
Avalon ASIC chips along with giving clout to their ability to do what they claim.

I am told that this pcb is not resin filled however it is V1.3

Perhaps Edmonton will be seeing their 2nd gold rush event soon.

One thing I like about this new version from Avalon team is how flush the ASIC thermal pad will contact the Heat sink.

Will see after today and tomorrows meeting goes on what next step will be taken to get the repair done.

PeZ
Activity: 297
Yes...I am very patient. How about a picture of you, holding the PCB in front of your office at the Advanced Technology Centre?
Activity: 314
While we do understand that some individuals are unhappy with the pictures of the PCB's, please understand that a lot has happened in 72 hours for us.

We are currently prioritizing our workload and unfortunately filling the orders we have already taken is taking precedence over more pictures.

That being said, I will try and find some time to get some more professional photos taken of the PCB's soon.

Thank you for you pateinece and understanding.

According to your website you have 3 orders received and 2 received payments.
While we do understand that some individuals are unhappy with the pictures of the PCB's, please understand that a lot has happened in 72 hours for us.

We are currently prioritizing our workload and unfortunately filling the orders we have already taken is taking precedence over more pictures.

That being said, I will try and find some time to get some more professional photos taken of the PCB's soon.

Thank you for you pateinece and understanding.
https://bitaxe.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSCF1540.jpg

Look at his chrome downloads, ah yes, pictures of avalon stuff he's found on the internet. If he was uploading from a camera, he wouldn't be downloading them.

If I am holding a brick of Avalon PCB's in front of a screen with the "downloaded pictures" then how could I have download the pic?

I guess I could have taken the pic, then sent it to Avalon, then asked them to host it for me, then downloaded it, then took another picture of me holding the brick, then sent the pic to Avalon.....hold on this is just a big loop....

Unfortunately your logic does not hold up.

Again, we realize this will be an uphill battle gaining the communities trust.

The other picture, wow. The picture you claim is a 'brick' of PCB can only be done in the dark, right? Ofc.

OMGZ-- he has a notification from windows too!! Total scam... Smiley

LOL!

Not that I'm choosing a side here, but my computer screen often shows "downloads" as well, when I'm posting pictures. I usually take them with my phone, which autosyncs with a few different hosting solutions (dropbox, photobucket, etc, etc). Downloading photos that you JUST took is not uncommon or unreasonable, and certainly not cause for alarm or "scam" accusations, in and of itself.

That said, why is it that these people never put any effort into producing well lit, good quality photos. If your aim is to prove your legitimacy, it seems that people would be more careful about half-assing everything.

If I can't count on you to provide a decent picture BEFORE you get my money. What is my confidence level that you'll be any more professional or willing to put forth real effort AFTER you've got my money?  Roll Eyes

A little effort goes a long way. A little non-effort goes a long way in the wrong direction.
Activity: 188
https://bitaxe.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSCF1540.jpg

Look at his chrome downloads, ah yes, pictures of avalon stuff he's found on the internet. If he was uploading from a camera, he wouldn't be downloading them.

If I am holding a brick of Avalon PCB's in front of a screen with the "downloaded pictures" then how could I have download the pic?

I guess I could have taken the pic, then sent it to Avalon, then asked them to host it for me, then downloaded it, then took another picture of me holding the brick, then sent the pic to Avalon.....hold on this is just a big loop....

Unfortunately your logic does not hold up.

Again, we realize this will be an uphill battle gaining the communities trust.

The other picture, wow. The picture you claim is a 'brick' of PCB can only be done in the dark, right? Ofc.

OMGZ-- he has a notification from windows too!! Total scam... Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: