Author

Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open - page 245. (Read 339472 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
While you're throwing money at an ICO claiming to have smart contracts sometime in the future (although there is not even a working wallet)

You should be looking at counterparty - which is working and has working smart contracts.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-recreates-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-on-bitcoin/

Oh, and look at counterparty's price.  

5   Counterparty Counterparty   $ 24,470,004   $ 9.24   2,647,077 XCP *   $ 289,689   UP 60.08 %

Oh, and it's on BTER

https://bter.com/trade/xcp_btc

Roll Eyes
why make a new account to post this if you believe in Counterparty so much.I have no time for people who hide behind different accounts.they are not worth the time of day. Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
While you're throwing money at an ICO claiming to ...

I also hold XCP. It's called diversifying.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
While you're throwing money at an ICO claiming to have smart contracts sometime in the future (although there is not even a working wallet)

You should be looking at counterparty - which is working and has working smart contracts.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-recreates-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-on-bitcoin/

Oh, and look at counterparty's price.  

5   Counterparty Counterparty   $ 24,470,004   $ 9.24   2,647,077 XCP *   $ 289,689   UP 60.08 %

Oh, and it's on BTER

https://bter.com/trade/xcp_btc

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
dzimbeck - Just wanted to say thanks for being so readily available and up for discussion.
Very refreshing.
It's easy to see you are very confident in this coin.
Cheers to everyone who is wise enough to get in now.
-spooky

Thanks no guarantees that I will be here all the time, there may be posts I overlook or a day or two that goes by because I'm just busy coding but its the least I can do right now especially since there are some really new topics being raised by the coin. You guys are forming a community so its best to keep the debate alive now that you are all starting to understand the ideas behind it. People who disagree with the methods are good to spark discussion and interest and to help others learn the why and how.
Activity: 42
dzimbeck - Just wanted to say thanks for being so readily available and up for discussion.
Very refreshing.
-spooky

I'll second that.  It's really great seeing David post so many well thought out replies.  It has answered many questions I've had.
legendary
I dont quite understand, how would one peg BitBay to the US Dollar and make 1 BB = 1$ by hedging?

Check NuBits for inspiration for an answer on that otherwise my reply will be pretty long. As for the $1 value that is the target price. Since the techniques rely on using parking to control supply and demand the answer to your question boils down to volume and what we project it to be.
Very refreshing.
-spooky
legendary
Currently I just hired 4 devs here in Cambodia and im paying out of pocket. They are totally new to Bitcoin but im training them. Cambodia does not have a lot of python devs so its been very slow getting them started. Has I not wasted time with devs, I could have coded the markets myself already.

Regardless I knew I needed help and refuse to work alone for the rest of next year. So this deal with Bitbay will help set up my dev team. That was part of the deal.

Can i ask why you hired a team from Cambodia
Im thinking cost was the prime reason which is fine. Just curious

Unfortunately, because im broke. Its too bad because i could have had so much money had i sold all my coins before the horrible summer. But once the summer ended i had nothing. The only way to expand Halo was to pay for it myself. For some ridiculous reason, we could not get funding. We just fell through the cracks. I did not want to have my "hat in my hand" looking for investors so I was just like "Screw it, I'm going to Cambodia and hiring myself a bunch of  devs". It was between Cambodia and India. But i thought Cambodia may be a hidden treasure because its so underdeveloped. And its cheaper. Although now, I wonder also about Bangladesh.

What i learned was, India may have been a better deal because finding devs here without jobs is a really slow process. So better to pay about 20-40% more and get a HQ Indian dev.

Although some of the sources here I talked to said it was the same.

About 150-300 per month for a beginning level dev (although here is most C# and little python)
         300-500 for middle level dev
         800 for senior dev

Now I get it.
You are using lots of BC code, that´s why you are so fast.
The other remaining anonymous guys won´t show up, cause they are related to BC too.
And you have no money left to develop this for BC. Of course because BC lost 90% of their value.
So you are running another ICO and start a new coin and get new funding.

If I am right, you should communicate this cleary from the beginning, cause this will bounce back badly if it comes out later.
Tell us right now, we invest and we are fine with that, if we know it.

This is not entirely true, although its a good theory. The reason I'm so fast is because I'm using Halo source(a minor difference). Which is technically BC and Bitcoin. Since I wrote it on my own, its really easy for me to adapt it since I know it so well. As for the parties and finding a way for funding it wasnt a decision that really was that much foresight for me. These 4 guys approached me, some of them are well known and they wanted to hire me and make sure "talented devs were sufficiently funded and protected". We then talked at length and i realize they will do most of the fundraising, marketing, management, hiring, and also get me a dev team. They explained they were in it for the long haul, they explained their contacts and even introduced me to a few. So I agreed to license my code to them because it was beneficial to my projects to get some cash flow. My dev cycle was just too slow so having the extra help made sense for Blackcoin and Halo projects.
About 10BTC of buys on BTER over the last few minutes.
Big pockets are getting into this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I dropped the cookies.
decided to invest, been reading about it the last few days and I can see crazy potential in this. lets do this! Grin

It is pretty crazy potential I agree. Finally to be in on something at the start!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
decided to invest, been reading about it the last few days and I can see crazy potential in this. lets do this! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Is it a Syscoin bis?
Activity: 219
How many BTC have been invested up to date now

It's actually about 950 btc or so now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 506

Around 1400
Activity: 42
I dont quite understand, how would one peg BitBay to the US Dollar and make 1 BB = 1$ by hedging?
Activity: 142
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
Currently I just hired 4 devs here in Cambodia and im paying out of pocket. They are totally new to Bitcoin but im training them. Cambodia does not have a lot of python devs so its been very slow getting them started. Has I not wasted time with devs, I could have coded the markets myself already.

Regardless I knew I needed help and refuse to work alone for the rest of next year. So this deal with Bitbay will help set up my dev team. That was part of the deal.

Can i ask why you hired a team from Cambodia
Im thinking cost was the prime reason which is fine. Just curious

Unfortunately, because im broke. Its too bad because i could have had so much money had i sold all my coins before the horrible summer. But once the summer ended i had nothing. The only way to expand Halo was to pay for it myself. For some ridiculous reason, we could not get funding. We just fell through the cracks. I did not want to have my "hat in my hand" looking for investors so I was just like "Screw it, I'm going to Cambodia and hiring myself a bunch of  devs". It was between Cambodia and India. But i thought Cambodia may be a hidden treasure because its so underdeveloped. And its cheaper. Although now, I wonder also about Bangladesh.

What i learned was, India may have been a better deal because finding devs here without jobs is a really slow process. So better to pay about 20-40% more and get a HQ Indian dev.

Although some of the sources here I talked to said it was the same.

About 150-300 per month for a beginning level dev (although here is most C# and little python)
         300-500 for middle level dev
         800 for senior dev

Now I get it.
You are using lots of BC code, that´s why you are so fast.
The other remaining anonymous guys won´t show up, cause they are related to BC too.
And you have no money left to develop this for BC. Of course because BC lost 90% of their value.
So you are running another ICO and start a new coin and get new funding.

If I am right, you should communicate this cleary from the beginning, cause this will bounce back badly if it comes out later.
Tell us right now, we invest and we are fine with that, if we know it.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Good evening,
so just finished reading the thread, got back from work.Well i can see some strong hand in the Dev team for sure.
i like the simple way of explaining things,open dev is always a good sign.I would love to hear some future plans for this project it sounds promising for me personally.Can somebody provide a link to the reddit Q&A i re-installed my PC and i lost my history.(thank you in advance for that)

I want to hear about the technology, if somebody is good lad and explain to me how exactly is BitBay working will be helpful for me,this smart contracts sounds interesting for example.
With that nobody can scam me with a trade right?
maybe i didnt understand it quite right i guess, thats why i could use some help understanding the Tech better.

Ok thank u in advance with the help

P.S
Btw merry btc rise  Grin

You should check out BitHalo and BlackHalo. This is my program that has been out and tested for almost a year. And yes, nobody can ever scam these contracts. They are by far the most secure way to do business. Check out blackhalo.info. You can read my whitepaper there its very exciting tech.
Well i don't like when i read about anything which is good technology and me not knowing about it  Grin
i really like your site, i think i will need some more info before getting in with some btc but i wont have to wait long i hope.
I saw 3 points in the features which personally for me are Game Changers so keep up the good work i will follow BitBay thread more Smiley

Thank you for your answer
Jump to: