Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbet.us scammers ignore delivered BFL products - page 3. (Read 11554 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
From the same link you just posted:

28 March 2013 - Mini-Update

I had wanted to post a video tonight, but wasn't able to make that happen, so let me apologize for that in advance. As some of you may know from the chatbox, we have been working diligently to get these ASICs out the door. We've been tracking down a power issue these last few days and have it isolated to a few key systems. In the interest of time, we are planning on potentially scaling back units hashing speed as required to accommodate the extra power and shipping multiple units to those that want their units right now. If would would prefer to wait for a unit after we've made some changes to the systems that need a bit of tweaking, we will be happy to put your shipment on hold. However, if you'd rather have the units right now at an increased power usage, we will ship you as many units as required to get you to the hashrate your purchased, if we end up having to scale back any given class of unit to fit within the power envelope of the current board design.

We have the current design hashing, and as I said, I had hoped to have a video of a unit hashing here in KC, but I wasn't able to bring that all together tonight, but hopefully I can get it posted up tomorrow or by this weekend. I will update as soon as I have more news to share, with a video.

If you absolutely do not want a unit that is consuming more power than expected, you can let us know you'd like to wait for a revised unit or you are welcome to request a refund. If you'd rather have your units shipped regardless of increased power usage, we will still guarantee your hashrate by shipping you however many units are required to achieve your purchased hashrate. There is no need to contact us right now if you are not concerned about the power usage and just want your units shipped ASAP.Even with the increased power demand on these first units, they will still out perform any competing products by a very wide margin in terms of power and megahash/J.

Again, we apologize for the delay, but we are almost there.

Please take a 2nd read. It clearly says that if you're ok with increased power use, no action is needed. Customers were asked to take action only in the case that they wanted wait to get products with the earlier specs (same performance, higher efficiency) or if they wanted a refund since the product specs have changed.

"Even with the increased power demand.." also states that first products will have higher power demand than previously thought, but they still promised to outperform competing products in terms of power (performance) and megahash/J (efficiency).

What did I miss?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
...This still leaves the already closed May 1st bet open for debate, since it was created on 30-03-2013 and by that time BFL had already announced that they can't meet the GH/J promised earlier and only promised to deliver higher GH and GH/j than the competitors.

oh its you again with the 'spec changed before 30th March' claim.

Repeating the same thing over and over agin doesn't make it true.

link plox

the best I can find is (28th March) https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-2.html

where josh says they are using more power than they would like, he also say specifically "...if we end up having to scale back any given class of unit..."

pay careful attention to the words - they tell you things. that "if" is critical. that means they haven't changed the spec yet.

Only on 1st April does Josh say they have 'missed their power specs' (shoutbox / retweeted by @BFL_News if you care to check) at which point its fair to say that the specs *will* change (but technically still haven't).

So you see you keep saying 'at the time the bet was posted RAH RAH RAH' but what you are saying doesn't actually add up. I am not debating with you, there is nothing to debate. I keep posting facts, and you keep posting your opinion.
I was hoping for a new answer since the ones you just pasted are lopsided and based on old information.

July 1st bet seems to be created on 15-03-2013, thus BitBet could argue that the increased GH/J was not mentioned by BFL back then. This still leaves the already closed May 1st bet open for debate, since it was created on 30-03-2013 and by that time BFL had already announced that they can't meet the GH/J promised earlier and only promised to deliver higher GH and GH/j than the competitors.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Just clarify before betting what this "advertised performance" (e.g. on bitbet.us/bet/307/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-july-1st/) is in clear numbers, if they don't want to do that, well don't bet or prepare to fund the "option emporium" of our unfriendly neighbourhood romanian.
Also please be aware that "+/- 10%" also means that if suddenly performance is much BETTER than expected, you can still loose!

Actually, plenty of people have asked, plenty of people have been told exactly what it means.

(This is how everyone* knows that the +-10% A. is only there to match the - at the time - official BFL release and B. is construed in favor of BFL, which is to say no more wattage, no less hashing. You couldn't lose the bet if they made a chip that's less energy intensive, faster or both).

*everyone who bothered to ask, of course.

The I'd recommend to put the exact numbers (and a link to the announcement that is referenced for the "advertised performance") in the bet description or at least having a way to clarify arising issues like this directly in the bet's description (e.g. "Editor's note: To clarify, performance means X GH/s per Y Watts, the advertised products when opening this bet were Product 1: ... Product 2: ... and Product 3: ...").

Neither bet was ambiguous at the time it was allowed. The only thing that changed is that BFL found yet another way to scam. Betsofbitco.in empowered this scam (which comes as little surprise, they were in BFL's pocket anyway, as detailed other places on this forum). BitBet did not.

If tomorrow somebody makes a bet saying "Ford will deliver most 2014 Ford Fiesta preorders during 2014. Product must meet advertised performance to qualify as delivered." it will be accepted, as it's not ambiguous. In sane everyday reality Ford will do exactly that, or else issue a statement explaining they've canceled the series/failed delivery/production/whatever. If Ford were to come up with an announcement saying the 2014 Ford Fiesta is now a Husqvarna lawnmower from 2007, refurbished, then we'd be in BFL scamland.

The reason Ford doesn't do this sort of crap is simply that Ford is a company, not a scam. The reason BFL does do this sort of crap is simply that BFL is a scam, not a company. It is impractical to go around specifying everything a scammer may in time change. For instance, no delivery bet contains a rider saying that "should the product delivered have a long rubber hose affixed transforming it into a YoYo then delivery is invalid". This does not make the bet ambiguous, and even should BFL add rubberbands to their products and try to foist them from the customers' hands later the bet still wouldn't be "ambiguous". BFL would be scammy. That is all.

This isn't how it works, scam makes statements that contradict previous statements and everyone downstream suddenly scrambles to modify, clarify and so forth. Onus is on BFL.

That aside, next time someone makes a bet with BFL crap yes they'll have to specify all this.

^^^
That's the answer I got 2 weeks ago on that exact topic... see page 4
Bump: BitBet, please let us know the advertised performance for the May 1st BFL bet and July 1st BFL bet. And if you could please elaborate on your sources a bit, that would be nice.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Well then, idiot:

1) For the July 1st BFL bet, what exactly is the advertised performance?

Exactly what it was at the time the bet was introduced.

Which is what? Post the specifications or a link to them so we can see what the decision will be based on.

The bet seems to have lots of possibilities for misunderstanding:

1) will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers

To all of their customers?  To at least one of their customers?

2) Devices must be in scope

One of them?  All of them?  Presumably the performance will vary between the fastest and the slowest.  Or the most efficient and the least efficient.

3) of at least +-10%

"at least plus or minus 10%"?  What does that mean?  If the advertised performance was 100 (whatevers), then it has to be "at least 90 or 110"?  Isn't that the same as just "at least 90"?

4) of advertised

Advertised where?  And when?  Got a link?  Or a copy/paste?  I've no idea where to find it (except maybe http://news.yahoo.com/butterfly-labs-announces-next-generation-asic-lineup-054626776.html which says:

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149

2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299

3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

What is at least +-10% of roughly 40 GH/s?  Is it roughly at least 36 or 44 GH/s?  Is 35 GH/s roughly at least 36 GH/s?  What?  Not even roughly?

5) performance

Is that hashes per second or hashes per Joule?  I guess it depends on which advertisement the bet is referring to.  If it's the above Yahoo 'PRWeb' thing then it looks like they're talking about just hashes per second.  But it would be useful to know which advertised performance statistic the bet is referring to.

There's still a over a month left on the bet.  Wouldn't it be best to clear up the ambiguities before the bet is settled?
inh
Activity: 155
Well then, idiot:

Which is what? Post the specifications or a link to them so we can see what the decision will be based on.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
Well then, idiot:

2) Why isn't this essential information listed on the actual bet?

It is.

Also, you're going on my ignore, which means now you can't even get a second chance at asking a question. Practically speaking you're both deaf and mute now. Cool going, huh.

MPOE and BitBet are run by scammy cunts as proven by the complete and utter bullshit just posted by this representative.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Well then, idiot:

It is.

Also, you're going on my ignore, which means now you can't even get a second chance at asking a question. Practically speaking you're both deaf and mute now. Cool going, huh.
legendary
As to the July bet: if you ask specific questions, you get specific answers. If you declare something to be X you mostly get ignored, as you're not on my list of people who get to make binding declarative statements.

Okay then scammer, I have 2 specific questions I would like specific answers to.

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
As i'm sure others here do, i work professionally with a lot of electrical engineers.  I specifically asked a few before betting if power requirements would be considered performance or just specifications.

You obviously asked the wrong people, for one, and you obviously omitted informing them that the specifications did in fact include a power usage for the other. Either of these make the results of the ask operation undefined.

Add me to the list of those who think this thread is simply full of lulz.

I read the bet - didn't seem ambiguous at the time. OR profitable.

classic parts? the email re: fuckin your wife, and Inaba sticking up for ...well...the generation 2 bfl scam.

Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose. Bet on an unsure outcome, and lose your money. Whine about it, and look like a fool.

You didn't get to the Internet-sue on grounds of Grand Butthurt part I take it.

It seems like "planes hurting each other" does not constitute a "BadBet", just like the poorly worded (and still not conclusively clarified!) July 1st BFL bet...

bitbet.us/bet/148/one-plane-from-p-r-china-will-be-hurt-by/

Yes, governments of sovereigns have this bizarre property that they are legally allowed to kill people and destroy property. Who knew!

As to the July bet: if you ask specific questions, you get specific answers. If you declare something to be X you mostly get ignored, as you're not on my list of people who get to make binding declarative statements.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Add me to the list of those who think this thread is simply full of lulz.

I read the bet - didn't seem ambiguous at the time. OR profitable.

classic parts? the email re: fuckin your wife, and Inaba sticking up for ...well...the generation 2 bfl scam.

Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose. Bet on an unsure outcome, and lose your money. Whine about it, and look like a fool.
inh
Activity: 155
Add me to the list that think power is not performance and that old forum posts for a canceled product probably aren't the greatest source for the currently advertised specifications.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
It seems like "planes hurting each other" does not constitute a "BadBet", just like the poorly worded (and still not conclusively clarified!) July 1st BFL bet...

bitbet.us/bet/148/one-plane-from-p-r-china-will-be-hurt-by/
legendary

I see your #14 and raise you a #22.

What bets are BadBets?

First and foremost, statements that can not univocally be established as either true or false at a certain point in the future are BadBets and as such unacceptable on BitBet. For instance, "God Exists" is unacceptable, because it can never be established as either true or false. "God will change Coke to Pepsi on August 19th, 2013" is also unacceptable, also because it can never be established as true or false (even if the change of Coke to Pepsi could allegedly be established).

Then, any bet to do with breaking the law (specifically, murder, but also arson, theft, general destruction and mayhem) is a BadBet and not allowed on BitBet. So, bets such as "President Obama will be shot on December the 19th between 18:30:00 and 19:00:00 UTC", "The Empire State building will burn to the ground sometime in June 2013", "A crowd of at least five hundred protestors will not throw tomatoes at Nicole Kidman during the Cannes" and so forth are all unacceptable.

Also, bets which are not really bets but moreover advertising, advocacy, rambling nonsense and such are unacceptable on BitBet.

Not trying to argue, don't think my point is even valid, just opinion lol.

If that link was in the email then i wouldn't have brought it up, not a big deal, but now i feel guilty for keeping this thread alive with a pointless argument :/

Don't feel bad. You were wronged and you're supposed to feel mad if anything.

This thread is not dead at all. People are still waiting for answers from BitBet.
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

If that link was in the email then i wouldn't have brought it up, not a big deal, but now i feel guilty for keeping this thread alive with a pointless argument :/

A well, it happens.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
how to calc your payout for youself, so we don't have to that for each and everyone that wishes to know.

All i was really saying for sure is that if they were going to cancel or if it was undecided then most support would simply give me the numbers so that when the bet is concluded i could file my claim, assuming 2 of the 3 possible decisions.  At that point i didn't see how No could possibly win, so i thought cancellation was most likely, before the email.

But you can get those numbers yourself!

*edit*
or point me to the formula to calculate my own

http://bitbet.us/faq/#14
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
how to calc your payout for youself, so we don't have to that for each and everyone that wishes to know.

All i was really saying for sure is that if they were going to cancel or if it was undecided then most support would simply give me the numbers so that when the bet is concluded i could file my claim, assuming 2 of the 3 possible decisions.  At that point i didn't see how No could possibly win, so i thought cancellation was most likely, before the email.

*edit*
or point me to the formula to calculate my own
Pages:
Jump to: