Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Pre-Order Proxy [CLOSED] - page 3. (Read 79010 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I have a piece of the swede75 machine please handle it with care
Kid gloves, furry kid gloves Smiley

I hope Sealed air instapak "gloves" will do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8Q1uLKI7U

Totally bad-ass! Thank you for taking care of our little babies Smiley
Activity: 133

I hope Sealed air instapak "gloves" will do ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8Q1uLKI7U
I have a Bitcentury order (Batch 1 order 6) can you give any info on when it will ship? Will you email out tracking nr? (US shipping. Need NO power supply)

I am hoping to ship all units ASAP, meaning a few short days here. Yes, we will definitely email out tracking numbers! Thanks for the info on your order re: power supply, much appreciated.

Luis

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a Bitcentury order (Batch 1 order 6) can you give any info on when it will ship? Will you email out tracking nr? (US shipping. Need NO power supply)

I am hoping to ship all units ASAP, meaning a few short days here. Yes, we will definitely email out tracking numbers! Thanks for the info on your order re: power supply, much appreciated.

Luis

Luis
Great news for all, cool to see Timur pull through and to get all the ordered units at once!

Timur not only pulled through, he went way above and beyond my expectations when he actually personally delivered all the units to us (past midnight, no less)! These guys are all working around the clock... for weeks.  I also got to visit Metabank's workshop where they assemble all the units. Let me tell you, they have a good sized team working on these units, and have lots in stock to continue to deliver for a while.

I'm batch 3 so I'm probably a few days away from seeing any testing. Won't stop me from checking at every available wifi hotspot through Japan Cheesy

I told that to my co-worker here helping with testing, I think he feels pretty special now ;-)
Really nice work Luis and team! I think it was already mentioned but I can't find it right now (maybe somebody here knows): What pricing will be on the boxes? USD/BTC and metabank-price/bitcentury-price?

Hi acayne,
I can't comment on this publicly, but we will follow DHL's advice we got earlier this week in order to ensure that customs clearance is as successful as possible. Sorry I have to be so ambiguous.
Hi guys,
Here's the current status as of 8:30PM Moscow time 19th Sept.

* We received all packing material! However, we have yet to begin packing aything, but the night is young and we have caffeine
* Units up to order #7/23 (re: your contract), have either been tested or are being tested right now.
* Testing process is getting more optimized now
* I've started working on some basic documentation so you'll know what to do when you receive your units. I intend to put at least some basic instructions on paper for the German customers in German (google translated) to help with customs.
* The packing process is going to be time consuming. We are making our own boxes from other boxes as we couldnt find boxes that would fit perfectly (after calling and checking out 40 different companies!). So lots of exacto knife and duct tape action involved, but overall I'm happy with the solution we came up with. I will try to take some pics tomorrow of what they will look like packed.
* So as of right now still targeting Friday morning delivery of at least a couple of units, but we'll see. We're all a bit sleepless over here Smiley
* I will try to finally get to most people's correspondence after this post. Thanks for your patience.

Lastly, just in case everyone wasn't drooling enough, just thought I'd share some pics taken just a few mins ago.

1. Raspberry Pi connected to a triple unit

2 Raspberry Pi Ethernet connection through last slit in front of box. There is no hole in box for raspberry pi, so this is the best way to access it from network.

3. 750 Watt power supply of triple unit.  Singles & Doubles come with 500W power supplies.

4. Double unit hashing away.

5. Top view of triple unit

6. Showing motherboard type A & B interconnection cable.

7. Side view of triple unit. The white stuff at the edges of the heat sink is excess thermal paste that can be wiped off with a dry cloth if you really want to.

8. Top view of stacked units. The boxes are actually strong enough to stack them at least 10 high; however, I would not recommend it! We are in a hurry and don't have proper racks and shelves, so we are stacking a few. If you do this even temporarily, please make sure the power supply "flower" holes (same as drawn inside bitfury ASIC) are NOT covered, so air can ventilate. "S7", "D2", "T3" etc pencil markings just means Single#7, Double#2, Triple#3.

9. Aren't they beautiful? :-D

10. Sad and idle Bitfury ASIC mining machines, orphaned and looking for a good home ;-)  To be tested next.
Activity: 205
Great news for all, cool to see Timur pull through and to get all the ordered units at once!

I'm batch 3 so I'm probably a few days away from seeing any testing. Won't stop me from checking at every available wifi hotspot through Japan Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
There you go:
Oh, thank you.  Guess I got too excited and didn't read the whole thing.   Tongue
Man this is moving fast!  Great work, BitCentury!

Any estimates on when units will start shipping out?
No we did not update the list, that is somebody else's list and it's not 57 physical units due to a few doubles and twice as many triples. But logically, yes, 57.

We are starting to setup some units for testing. The first 4 units are now testing for the first 3 orders. They are each mining on Eligius pointing to the customer's respective bitcoin address. If you are in the first 3 orders, this is how you'd check your shares, hash speed etc.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PCP6C9KuGgHzT9tF1UXYgHXXAmzFxkimA <--- put in YOUR wallet address from the contract you signed.

I think we will test each unit a minimum of 2 hours, but the total time for each unit after that will be pretty random. It will depend on how fast we work after we get packing gear, when we go to sleep, get breaks, etc. In some cases they will test for many hours overnight.

Our goal is to get through all units tested as fast as possible, because if anything is obviously wrong, we need to deal with it ASAP. We already found one unit that is 50/50 about powering on, so we are not shipping that single unit.

Luis
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Awesome news! We picked up ALL units late this evening, or should I say morning. It's 3:30 AM Thu Moscow time,
Woohoo!
Hi guys,
Awesome news! We picked up ALL units late this evening, or should I say morning. It's 3:30 AM Thu Moscow time,

Tomorrow we expect delivery of all our packing gear by mid afternoon. So after that we can start packing the first few units and start testing the next set. If all goes according to plan we might be able to ship the first units Friday morning Moscow time. If not, then Saturday morning. So the last piece of the puzzle for us to start shipping is all the packing gear. We've ordered cardboard boxes, anti-static bags, foam support bags for the corner of the units and massive rolls of bubble wrap.

More details to come as I have time, but the priority right now is acquiring that packing material.

Also, I've gotten emails and PM's from various customers which I'm sorry I havent been able to reply to yet, but will do so very soon. Thank you to all who email/pm'ed about the power supplies.

That's it for now, I need to get some sleep.

Luis
Thanks fpgaminer,
Yes, the shipping costs are like 30% more than we anticipated. Moscow ain't cheap. If anybody else doesn't need the power supplies, we'd really appreciate it if you could let us know that you don't need them, as they are at least 1/4th to 1/3rd the weight of each box and significantly impact our cost.

Speaking of power supplies, here's some pics from the sample box we got that may help people make decisions. Keep in mind this is for the single (120GH potential) box. Again, I'm told power usage peaks at 165W (probably during power on), so 500W power supply seems like overkill to me. I will try to ask metabank tonight why they are shipping with 500W.  Note that if you intend on overclocking the hashboards eventually, then 500W may not in fact be overkill, as power draw goes up substantially with even minor GH/s gains.

Note the "230V only" to the left of "Attention" section.

I like this Timur guy.  Give him a high five for me!

So customers in the USA, unless you have specifically modified your power panels to support 230V outlets (not something that is ever done by default), do NOT plug in and use the shipped power supplies as it may cause major problems or even be dangerous, you will have to source your own 110V power supplies that should be readily available at most computer retail or online stores.
Feel free to leave the PSU out of my order, to save on shipping and customs issues.

but I hope as a community we can share some info with each other.
Heck, I'll record a short documentary.  Some nice footage of the miner in its natural habitat, hunting wild Bitcoins amongst the trees.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
That is correct Luis. Customs has an office within DHL offices too here in my country (EU) and each clearance agent from DHL has his own customs official were they work very close.
Sorry to intrude, I do not belong in this GB but you are doing excellant job, awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Great work, Luis.
Pages:
Jump to: