Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin - page 7. (Read 8891 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
February 19, 2014, 02:50:18 PM
The people of Iceland have one of the highest standards of living in the world, so no need to buy a scam coin on their behalf.

And $100 in Iceland is hardly anything anyway. It is also one of the most expensive countries in the world.

The people of Iceland are not smart of rebellious. They are regular people and quite conservative.
Please read about the Iceland economic crisis here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9311_Icelandic_financial_crisis

And pay special attention to points like this:
By mid-2012 Iceland was regarded as one of Europe's recovery success stories. It has had two years of economic growth. Unemployment was down to 6.3% and Iceland was attracting immigrants to fill jobs. Currency devaluation effectively reduced wages by 50% making exports more competitive and imports more expensive. Ten year government bonds were issued below 6%, lower than some of the PIIGS nations in the EU (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Spain). Tryggvi Thor Herbertsson, a member of parliament, noted that adjustments via currency devaluations are less painful than government labor policies and negotiations. Nevertheless, while EU fervor has cooled the government continued to pursue membership.
Not only are the Icelandic people facing steep inflation, but currency devaluations as well.  How would you feel if your currency was devalued 50% AND you had to pay more for goods?  And many are concerned it will continue.  Cryptocurrency takes that power away from the Banking cartels.

I agree $100 is little in the grand scheme of things just as it wouldn't go very far in the USA or Europe.  But if Auroracoin is widely adopted, I suspect that valuation would increase exponentially.  

Auroracoin is anything but a scamcoin.  It is a developer working hard to enact meaningful change.  It's sad that all the scamcoins around here can clouded people's views but I do understand why.

I am well aware of the Iceland's economy and the woes suffered because of greedy bankers.

Nonetheless, it is wealthy country with one of the highest GDP per capita in the world ($43,000). It is also considered to be one of the freest economies in the world. Iceland, or at least the average person in Iceland, has it better than most of Europe, with the possible exception of Norway and possibly Sweden and Denmark.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2014, 02:40:08 PM
The people of Iceland have one of the highest standards of living in the world, so no need to buy a scam coin on their behalf.

And $100 in Iceland is hardly anything anyway. It is also one of the most expensive countries in the world.

The people of Iceland are not smart of rebellious. They are regular people and quite conservative.
Please read about the Iceland economic crisis here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9311_Icelandic_financial_crisis

And pay special attention to points like this:
By mid-2012 Iceland was regarded as one of Europe's recovery success stories. It has had two years of economic growth. Unemployment was down to 6.3% and Iceland was attracting immigrants to fill jobs. Currency devaluation effectively reduced wages by 50% making exports more competitive and imports more expensive. Ten year government bonds were issued below 6%, lower than some of the PIIGS nations in the EU (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Spain). Tryggvi Thor Herbertsson, a member of parliament, noted that adjustments via currency devaluations are less painful than government labor policies and negotiations. Nevertheless, while EU fervor has cooled the government continued to pursue membership.
Not only are the Icelandic people facing steep inflation, but currency devaluations as well.  How would you feel if your currency was devalued 50% AND you had to pay more for goods?  And many are concerned it will continue.  Cryptocurrency takes that power away from the Banking cartels.

I agree $100 is little in the grand scheme of things just as it wouldn't go very far in the USA or Europe.  But if Auroracoin is widely adopted, I suspect that valuation would increase exponentially.  

Auroracoin is anything but a scamcoin.  It is a developer working hard to enact meaningful change.  It's sad that all the scamcoins around here can clouded people's views but I do understand why.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
February 19, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

February 19, 2014, 02:19:02 PM
Thanks.  If Auroracoin is successful, it truly sets the stage for other cryptocurrencies to replace traditional means of payment.  And the publicity it would generate for cryptocurrencies would be incredible.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
February 19, 2014, 01:43:43 PM
nice article, I hope this takes off, ive done my bit and bought 50 auroras from https://cryptorush.in, I think they are going cheap at the moment, hopefully the value will grow a few orders in magnitude come end of march
February 19, 2014, 12:42:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: