Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and Fiat - this is how I see the future - page 7. (Read 3960 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
In the way you think, authoritarian countries won't have any cryptocurrency that could be used eligible?
Government won't allow us (citizens) to use cryptocurrency, to buy smth in supermarket and pay crypto for that. There will be a very huge war between government, or we should change todays government (usually 50+y.o. people that will never understand cryptocurrency) to young generation.
I think that something like a war against cryptocurrencies is going to happen but governments are going to lose and the reason is simple, how are they going to regulate a market that was designed specifically to avoid regulation? How are they going to avoid that people use it when they have no control over it? When it comes to their fiat they have complete control and so you have to comply but when it comes to bitcoin they cannot control the network.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
If we truly want mass adoption for Bitcoin, we have to wait for about 20 years. Why? Because of old people who have money stored in fiat all over the world.

Let's stop talking about better technology, anonymity, security and all other things. The majority of people in the world don't even care how Visa or Mastercard work. Let's talk about usefulness and trustfulness.

To build trust Bitcoin needs to stop being so volatile, but how can it be done if it is volatile specifically because people en masse don't trust it? I'm not speaking of the forum members obviously and our likes, I mean people who are not interested in cryptocurrencies just for the crypto aspect of it. I beforehand agree with what you are going to say, that trusting fiat (instead of Bitcoin) is a mistake, a big mistake at that. It is a mistake but try to explain that thing to all these people who honestly believe what their governments are telling them. But without these people wholeheartedly accepting Bitcoin (instead of fiat), the future for it looks pretty grim

It will remain a vehicle for speculation and a tool for shady Internet payments
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The price is such a steal deal for people who are looking for this kind of opportunity to get some bitcoin. Bitcoin is such a great investment and it is far way better than choosing other investment since bitcoin is more likely to go up and give more profits than the others.
Activity: 30
I think the government has been preparing for this to happen knowing that cryptocurrency is already inevitable in the market.Fiat currency is still in demand today by majority since only  few of the countries have legalized the use of bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
The future will catch up with fiat currency when people will appreciate digital currency such as bitcoin more than the fiat currency we have around. I believe digital currency and fiat currency can coexist in any economy in the world.
Activity: 448
Merit: 111
If we truly want mass adoption for Bitcoin, we have to wait for about 20 years. Why? Because of old people who have money stored in fiat all over the world.

Let's stop talking about better technology, anonymity, security and all other things. The majority of people in the world don't even care how Visa or Mastercard work. Let's talk about usefulness and trustfulness.

Older people would hardly accept cryptocurrencies as payment because they got used to cash and fiat digital currencies. Nowadays the majority of people over 60 y.o. in the world have big problems with using Paypal, banking cards and other things for payment in everyday life especially online. They are fine to withdraw cash at ATM or to pay at the retailers' terminals but they are hardly using cards online.

They stored their pension savings, they don't care much about technology, they have problems with using tech and they would never convert their life savings to some hard to understand Bitcoin. Let me remind you that those people are the ones who have money. Young people care about tech but they don't have money.

So the situation we have now looked this way: Bitcoin is adopted by a younger generation who don't have money on the one side and the older generation who don't care about tech but have money on the other side.

Thus, if we are talking about real mass adoption, we have to wait for about 20 years while older people naturally pass away and the current young generation will generate enough position to use Bitcoin.

That's just an idea to be discussed.
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
Thats a good thought about the bitcoin and fiat tie up but there are again few more questions that arises. I mean why government will choose bitcoin for this purpose and why they cant just go and rule out the cash itself? So that by declaring that they will be using only digital forms of payments ? They can always do that and same thing is happening in country like India. Where to stop the money laundering they literally changed the currencies throughout the country and declared that use of digital payment will be rewarded. The results were pretty good and I guess its worth to think that government can control it the way they want.
I can see my future in bitcoin and flat . The rrason why I am motivated in working hard is the bitcoin and flat . I want to earn a lot of it so that I an afford my future wants.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO
I think bitcoin is very difficult to challenge the status of Fiat, because these countries make the currency has the right to support the state, as long as the national power exists Fiat will always be strong.

Hard for bitcoin become fiat. Bitcoin is decentralized system and government must be prefer using their own currency because government can not control bitcoin supply. Fiat or paper money not always strong because purchasing power always decrease because inflation
Activity: 23
Bitcoin does not solve the problem of allowing central banks from manipulating currency. If a central bank had a large enough position in bitcoin they could use market pressure to control the price. And then they could use pressure on bitcoin developers to set up the rules for the blockchain in their favor.
Activity: 90
Crypto is more open to the public than fiat which is difficult to see the ownership and amount of each person. With this in fact the government has been helped by crypto openness starting from the tax side to be paid, the flow of funds in the crypro and many more benefits
Activity: 98
In the way you think, authoritarian countries won't have any cryptocurrency that could be used eligible?
Government won't allow us (citizens) to use cryptocurrency, to buy smth in supermarket and pay crypto for that. There will be a very huge war between government, or we should change todays government (usually 50+y.o. people that will never understand cryptocurrency) to young generation.
Activity: 184
At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.
Fiat will always exist. Cryptocurrencies can meet the needs of small scale. For the existence of the state it is necessary that the real sector of the economy. This is only possible with the help of Fiat. People who believe that cryptocurrencies can displace Fiat do not understand the basics of the economy.

I agree with you . Many people expect that soon the Fiat will disappear, and some will generally predict a single currency around the world - bitcoin. It's so stupid that it's even funny.
Yeah it is true and it is good as well because for me cashless society is not so far we can get anything using bitcoin, we can invest our money but we can use it to buy goods, fiat is not now being use more than bitcoin, people have good currency which can get them anything they want in life, so better if we move with time and use bitcoin more than fiat as future currency is gonna be one and only bitcoin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
In my oipinion bitcoin and fiat  can be use at the same time because we all know that there are places  who even dont know about crypto  and only  fiat money  is the only way for them  to use to buy things.  Maybe after a years crypto will be recognize by many but maybe fiat money will be remain.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
I think in the future this bitcoin and fiat will be able to work together and maybe bitcoin can be used for fait transactions and fiat can also be used for cryptocurrency transactions because in my opinion there is nothing impossible on cryptocurrency, all possibilities can occur on cryptocurrency .

Yes, sure - there will be no need to refuse from fiat if the cryptocurrency is used everywhere globally. The traditional money will be never eliminated, and all can use it together with Bitcoin and other cryptos.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
There is truth in something, but do not forget that governments always want to get more money and therefore they want to control the cryptocurrency for their benefit, and first of all they are imposing taxes on it. What about the fiat, I believe that it will not go away for a long time, because people already long time use fiat and refuse to get the fiat money is not going until the government orders or makes an official announcement.
Even if that is what they want it is not going to be easy for them to get it, how are they going to force the bitcoin holders to pay their taxes when they cannot control the network? That is the biggest issue that they have, they want to extract resources from all the people that are investing in this market and they are finding that is going to be impossible for them to do so.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.
Fiat will always exist. Cryptocurrencies can meet the needs of small scale. For the existence of the state it is necessary that the real sector of the economy. This is only possible with the help of Fiat. People who believe that cryptocurrencies can displace Fiat do not understand the basics of the economy.

I agree with you . Many people expect that soon the Fiat will disappear, and some will generally predict a single currency around the world - bitcoin. It's so stupid that it's even funny.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I believe the desire to control the movement and monitor transactions is natural, it is a way to protect their interests in the field of protection of citizens
That is actually more like what it would be in the long run. The thing about adoption is that not everyone will have access or the infrastructure to make use of bitcoin due to some limitations or the other, or by choice. As long as this is a concern worldwide, fiat will still remain in play and we will end up having more like a segregation of money in which some will go digital and some will remain traditional.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Personally, I see the future without fiat money, but a full cashless settlement. The Internet currency is the currency of the future, there will be a word behind it.

Got some point. I cannot also see the future of cryptocurrency being just a market for investment. It has a huge potential in which it will not suite being investment rather it will be okay if it will be a currency. But still if it happens then the measurement of the value of the bitcoin will vary of the fiat.
Absolutely right, cryptocurrency should be more than just an investment, for example, it can actually be used for something else. That is what makes it the opposite of real money and also the value that keeps changing as well as one of the factors.
Activity: 24
To understand that Bitcoin can not be managed via any u . s . or person, and that Fiat can be controlled through the country, this is a totally exclusive idea, so we must consider Bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 336

People right now wants to have faster transactions and that is the reason why they want to implement a digital society as well as the people who are working in the corporate world.
Pages:
Jump to: