Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin arbitrage, pros and cons, experience and profitability - page 10. (Read 20573 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Hey guys,

I have been involved in Bitcoin arbitrage for several months now and it has been quite profitable. For those of you unaware how this works, arbitrage is the process of taking advantage of BTC price difference between BTC exchanges. In other words, purchasing Bitcoins on the exchange with the lower price, and re-selling those same coins on another exchange and profiting through the difference.

I did some arbitrage on my own  last year when there was a huge spread between Mtgox and Bitstamp Bitcoin prices, in some cases between 5-10%. The main problem was how to move BTC and/or fiat between different exchanges and the fact that in order to reduce the arbitrage risk to a minimum one needs to be able to buy BTC on an exchange with low price while selling the same amount of BTC on another exchange with high price AT THE SAME TIME. Recently, the spread between exchanges is not so wide anymore but there are a lot more exchanges, so there is still a lot of money to be made on this.

Have you ever performed arbitrage on your own, were you successful, what was your biggest problem, please share your experience.
Pages:
Jump to: